Official meltdown thread

Got to give a shout out to Woli. He had a hell of a game. Wish we could get someone else besides him and KJ Maye to show up...

Gotta figure out our QB problems. We can't survive the B1G with the effort we had today.

Game ball to Woli for sure. Guy showing he should be our number one guy in the receiving dept from here on out Just as Smith should be running

If you want some real meltdown, just wait until Captain Kirk drops another game to Iowa St. That will be some reading boys...

When was the last time CSU lost at home? And agreed, nice to see clutch playmaking.

OL needs a break already. Gotta get healthy and may consider pulling a red shirt for more depth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys Mitch was fine. He completed more than 50% of his passes

Mitch was Drew Brees on last drive

Lol. This. Converted a clutch 4th down, made several great throws, including go ahead TD on a perfectly placed ball. Did just enough to frustrate the sh1t out of every fan, and to keep the ever-present Leidner threads alive and well! Thanks, Mitch!

OL needs a break already. Gotta get healthy and may consider pulling a red shirt for more depth.

Yes. When I look back on this game, I'll remember two things:

1) Horrible offensive gameplan to start. Going big formations and running into 9 man fronts on the first 3 drives? Come on, man...

2) O-Line being an absolute sieve in pass pro for much of the game again. Come on, man...

With all the talk about losing 4 players to the NFL (chiefly, Maxx and Cobb), the biggest losses may end up being Olson and Epping.

Lol. This. Converted a clutch 4th down, made several great throws, including go ahead TD on a perfectly placed ball. Did just enough to frustrate the sh1t out of every fan, and to keep the ever-present Leidner threads alive and well! Thanks, Mitch!

This exactly haha. I usually defend Mitch but today was pretty bad, UNTIL he put together that last drive and now he's still the guy.

Who are you gonna pull the RS off? Whats up with Issac Hayes? Didn't work last year. I wish #55 was a RS freshman not just a Sophomore.

I remember during one of the Mason years losing to Toledo 31-0 to open the season. I thought that was pretty depressing at the time.

Now we're in full meltdown mode because we beat a 10-3 CSU team on the road by 3...

I really want to throw up after that game. 3+ hours later and I still feel sick.

Glad we won, but I can't take any more of those. These next two weeks better be a walk in the park.

I remember during one of the Mason years losing to Toledo 31-0 to open the season. I thought that was pretty depressing at the time.

Now we're in full meltdown mode because we beat a 1-1 CSU team on the road by 3...

Fixed.

Last thing. What makes me most upset is that Leidner had 45 pass attempts. There is no scenario in which that is acceptable especially when you never trailed by two scores.

Last thing. What makes me most upset is that Leidner had 45 pass attempts. There is no scenario in which that is acceptable especially when you never trailed by two scores.

They passed too much in the first three series, but afterward, I think they had to until he started connecting. They were just eating us alive at the LOS and getting too much penetration. Rodney and company had no room until they completed some balls.

got to pass when you cannot run the ball

they have no imagination for our running plays and with out a 2nd view of the game and slow down the plays to see blocking schemes my guess is that we are vanilla in our assignments and most D2 d-coordinators know how to beat our very easy offense.

To me our biggest problem is either play calling or OL production (granted they are banged up but many teams have banged up OL's)

My biggest question is, are they playing vanilla to hide stuff from the Big Ten opponents or are they just not putting those plays into the system. Where is the multiple shifts, jet sweeps, creative plays we say vs Nebraska 2 years ago?

My biggest question is, are they playing vanilla to hide stuff from the Big Ten opponents or are they just not putting those plays into the system. Where is the multiple shifts, jet sweeps, creative plays we say vs Nebraska 2 years ago?

NO!!!

So frustrating hearing Mitch f up 3rd down passes. He can be a brilliant passer on 1st n 2nd, then completely miss his receiver on 3rd.

Then he has a drive like the last one for the td. Good grief...

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

So frustrating hearing Mitch f up 3rd down passes. He can be a brilliant passer on 1st n 2nd, then completely miss his receiver on 3rd.

Then he has a drive like the last one for the td. Good grief...

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Mitch does make some great plays, but remains about .500 overall - don't know if you can win in this year's B10 with that; after two games, Mitch is 100 out of 100 in D1 passing efficiency - though both opponents were tougher than most face early in the season.

I've had some good laughs reading various threads about Mitch and our coaches. We're stupid for running against "9-man fronts." We're passing too much. Wrong plays being called. More creative plays needed. Seems like a no win situation for the coaches...unless we try kicking on downs 1-3.

Top Bottom