***OFFICIAL LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Pretty solid performance for a season opener with a pretty young team. Pitino has talked a lot about the how much versatility this group will have and that was evident last night. It was also nice to see a very balanced attack and guys getting and hitting open 3's.

Is this game gonna be replayed on BTN?
Early Monday morning. 6:30 or 7:30, I think.

Overall, I think how the team played in the first half was encouraging. But they will have to cut down on the turnovers and keep their opponent off of the offensive glass if they want to beat some of the better teams on their schedule. It was a first game though so...we'll see how they come out Monday.

Anybody notice that they run a set play on the first possession of each half and the rest of the game they throw it around the perimeter and somebody shoots, and only occasionally go inside. Half the time or more when they go inside, the player who gets the ball at the free throw line doesn't even turn to the bucket to look down low. Just kicks it back out. Murphy and Curry need a lot more opportunities. If they would share the ball more, we'd be a better team. Our coach and staff can recruit, and have excellent communication skills, but their basketball acumen and ability to teach the game seems below average. I sat by Pitino last night and came away feeling embarrassed for him. He offers no strategy to his players during timeouts.

Anybody notice that they run a set play on the first possession of each half and the rest of the game they throw it around the perimeter and somebody shoots, and only occasionally go inside. Half the time or more when they go inside, the player who gets the ball at the free throw line doesn't even turn to the bucket to look down low. Just kicks it back out. Murphy and Curry need a lot more opportunities. If they would share the ball more, we'd be a better team. Our coach and staff can recruit, and have excellent communication skills, but their basketball acumen and ability to teach the game seems below average. I sat by Pitino last night and came away feeling embarrassed for him. He offers no strategy to his players during timeouts.

I have been always curious; what are the kind of things he says during timeouts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom