***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Just one of their guys going after the missed FT and still wins.

My point is that Johnson couldn't have possibly seen four guys injured for an extended period of time. And that last scholarship would have likely gone to a player not much better than Ramberg.
Ramburg wasn't quitting the team if he wasn't given a scholarship, so that's irrelevant. They needed another guard badly. They had two unused scholarships that were given to Ramburg and Betts rather than go unused. Not one. Two.

Yeah....plan B to Samuels would have been the difference!

Well, I thought the use of the scholarship on Samuels was at least better than using a scholarship to accelerate admission of a redshirted high school senior forward. Apologists at the time said that was a defensive move to guard against some other team taking the recruit. That sounds like nonsense. I don't think the guy was that highly coveted and a team like ours is in no position to completely waste a scholarship.

My point is that Johnson couldn't have possibly seen four guys injured for an extended period of time. And that last scholarship would have likely gone to a player not much better than Ramberg.
Not that I suppose it matters but I would like to know if after getting Cooper CBJ was planning on low low end guys like Samuels and Ramburg or if he totally whiffed on other guys. Either way it's a huge L on his resume but more concerns me that next year we don't add any G and roll with the same garbage as this year.

Not only do we lack talent, but is seems our opponents just have greater basketball IQ than we do. They just understand how to play the game. It's frustrating to watch how dumb we can play.

Not that I suppose it matters but I would like to know if after getting Cooper CBJ was planning on low low end guys like Samuels and Ramburg or if he totally whiffed on other guys. Either way it's a huge L on his resume but more concerns me that next year we don't add any G and roll with the same garbage as this year.
That would be ridiculous. If that happens everybody should be pissed.

Christie is a guard, but a 2, not a 1. They desperately need to add a competent PG in the portal. If they don't, next year won't be much better than this year and we'll have a coaching change.

He basically played 6 guys. They ran out of gas. They don’t have the horses, but playing TT and Samuels in brief stretches may have helped keep the legs fresher and lessen chances of injury.

Well, let's hope that he can envision such things now after two consecutive years of having a roster short of capable players. After hanging out here for almost a decade, I'm used to naive and overly optimistic fans who never envision players getting hurt, leaving the team, or just not being nearly as good as expected but I would hope that a head coach whose livelihood depends upon the quality of his roster is always a little more concerned about the adequacy of it than those fans.

Last edited:

This thread is unreadable if you're a Gopher fan. But I'll put 1 post in it...1 post of sense in this heaping pile of manure.

Ola-Joseph 11 points.
Henley 10 points 5 rebounds 3 assists.
Payne 6 points 7 rebounds.

Very good results for freshmen. And even better recruits are on the way. We're rebuilding from the ground up.

We’ll we will always have this…we beat the
Mighty OHIO STATE this year so bad, they were so good prior to that game, that since then, they haven’t recovered, are still shell-shocked and have limped to a 1-8 record since that game.

We’ll we will always have this…we bet the
Mighty OHIO STATE this year so bad, they were so good prior to that game, that since then, they haven’t recovered, are still shell-shocked and have limped to a 1-8 record since that game.
Destroyed them mentally.

This thread is unreadable if you're a Gopher fan. But I'll put 1 post in it...1 post of sense in this heaping pile of manure.

Ola-Joseph 11 points.

Very good results for freshmen. And even better recruits are on the way. We're rebuilding from the ground up.
They wouldn’t play on a real team at this point.

I like JOJ and Payne long term…but they are forced to play. If they did not have those stats it was be much much worse as we really only played 7 people…4 of which were freshmen.

Last edited:

The Gophers shot 50% from the field and still only scored 56 pts and lost by 12 at home. Iowa shot 38%

Ola-Joseph 11 points.

Silly. You could put any MIAC team on the court today and there would be 3 guys with similar lines

Christie is a guard, but a 2, not a 1. They desperately need to add a competent PG in the portal. If they don't, next year won't be much better than this year and we'll have a coaching change.
Positionless basketball. Remember?

Ramburg wasn't quitting the team if he wasn't given a scholarship, so that's irrelevant. They needed another guard badly. They had two unused scholarships that were given to Ramburg and Betts rather than go unused. Not one. Two.
Why do you assume Ben didn't try to get another guard who was good enough to help? You don't get guys in the portal based on recruiting relationships. Good players choose where they want to play.

Top Bottom