***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Early job questions? Not sure what you mean.

I dont think the situation at ISU is much different. Last year was horrible for them, they hired a new coach. Marquette lost a ton of players and brought in a ton. Both teams are performing pretty darn well, imo.

Right now, MN conf record is poor. They performed well against the non con. The non con opposition was pretty weak, for the most part. The differences in getting higher impact players between ISU/Mar/MN is striking. This is the preferred path of BJ.

I like the way this years squad plays, and I HATED hero ball so I understand your last comment.

The TT conversation is interesting to me. If you are indeed building for the future, he appears to be a kid I would want to get minutes this year. I LOVE having 7 footers on the roster. TT appears he can play a bit, and it appears he has an edge to him, which I like. They have to get game experience at some point. What better season to do that?
Thompson is getting some game experience. Eleven minutes last time out. Since he played pretty well I would imagine he earned some more time going forward. We all know the issue is defense against a heavier post player.

Not his choice, his only option. The only evaluation is who of the coaches you are comparing him to could do more with this roster.
No, not really. BJ assembled the roster. TJ nor Shaka did - they assembled their own rosters.

I have been told right here on GH BJ chose this team of players for this season to establish culture, and not necessarily win games. These players were not his only option upon being hired. Lots of options out there to recruit.

Again, been told right here nearly all of last seasons players did not fit the new culture. II was the only one.

Wait, I just reread your inital reply to my post again,

Haha you were saying that what I said sounded like excuses and agree with EG#9??? Oh my.

Nevermind. I am not in agreement with you. My lack of reading gave you way too much credit.

It's not an excuse. Its a fact. The gophers had much lower expectations this year, actually the gophers expectations were embarrassingly bad. Ben has had the team playing much better per expectations.

Have TJ and Shaka also exceeded expectations? Yup. Should Ben be compared to them after 15 games? Not if you would like to stay out of a psyche ward.
Excuse ---
  1. To make allowance for; overlook or forgive.
  2. To grant pardon to; forgive.
You are making excuses, based on the very definition. "The Gophers" had much lower expectations......what??????? The players? The coaches? Not based on what I have seen.

TJ and Shaka assembled talented teams, year one at their new school.

Thompson is getting some game experience. Eleven minutes last time out. Since he played pretty well I would imagine he earned some more time going forward. We all know the issue is defense against a heavier post player.
Yes, and it took being down 20 at home, Curry being out, and Daniels looking very poor to get him 11 minutes.

My point is he showed enough to get some minutes over Daniels. Next year we will inevitably read right here how inexperienced the Gopher team is.....

Excuse ---
  1. To make allowance for; overlook or forgive.
  2. To grant pardon to; forgive.
You are making excuses, based on the very definition. "The Gophers" had much lower expectations......what??????? The players? The coaches? Not based on what I have seen.

TJ and Shaka assembled talented teams, year one at their new school.

Huh?? By that logic no team has lower expectations. If we are talking the players and coaches every team starts with the same expectation. What a stupid comment.

We are talking the expectations of the team by anyone with a functioning mental capacity covering the sports. The Gophers infinitely had the lower expectations.

It's not an "excuse" that Shaka and TJ assembled more talented teams. They had the means to get better talent. They have the credentials. Daryl Morsell was not ever going to choose Minnesota this year. That isnt an "excuse". Ben had to assemble a team in a specific way to even have roster. So yeah, year 1 15 games in any flack is down right dumb. If you want to be part of that, guess thats your choice. Most people find actively making themselves look dumb less than ideal.

While we are at it lets just compare Ben to John Calipari too. UK clearly a better team. Why didnt Ben convince Tshwiebe to transfer to the U!!! Damn, he sucks!!!

Top Bottom