***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Agree this was a disgusting loss but this was on the players, left many pts at the line and 2 feet from the basket

My only issue with you was that your timing is off. The time to talk is after we have done all we can to support the team during the season. That, my friend, is drawing to a close.
I'm not a follower. :)

And truth be told, it was obvious long ago. When he had 2 fringe NBA players, including one of the best rebounders in B1G history, and couldn't finish .500 in conference, well, he was never going to have success.

Blind support is fine, I don't blame you, but ultimely I believe that just prolongs the pain. He doesn't have some birthright to the Gopher coaching job.

They played very tight, then lose all poise down the stretch as a result. But the blonde ref was atrociou. He should be called into the big ten office and forced to watch that game 3 times before they let him have his whistle back.
Another ass-kicking of the Gophers by the refs at home. Still, instead of trying harder, they didn’t seem to really try at all. Little emotion, just went through the motions, if even that. I figured they’d come out flat today after the loss vs Iowa but that was a pathetic effort. Star player got owned by a freshman, and for the second game in a row, NOT ONE player had a good game. Not one. Gophers might lose out at this point. And with that kind of poor lifeless effort, that’s what they would deserve. Oturo has had two subpar games in a row. If he keeps this up he will have trouble being drafted. Davis-Jackson beat him badly today.

Finally, Darrell Thompson was my favorite Gopher of all time. Not anymore. Wearing other colors on his former campus is disgraceful. He needs to be fired from his football employment. He can go do Hoosier radio.

Last edited:

No. Not at all. My whole point all year has been that actual fans will let the season play out and cheer for the best outcome. Not wait for losses and come to gloat. Pretty simple. Anybody who is enjoying seeing "their team" lose to say "see, I told you he sucked" is not any kind of fan. There is literally zero argument around that fact.
See, I DON'T enjoy watching "my team" lose.

THAT'S THE REASON I WANT HIS ASS FIRED!

Season on the line.......no life on the team and no life in the barn!

It's over everyone!

You have issues. Youre literally having an orgasm because you're saying "I told you so" on a message board. Get a life, man. Jesus.

They just look defeated on the court, shoulders slumped, no fire. I’d be surprised if they win another game.

With the season on the line, we have two games in a row at home against teams with putrid defense and we can’t get to 60 in either.

If you are not absolutely disgusted by this, I don't know what to say. This is rock f'ing bottom. Two very easy home wins against teams that have been terrible on the road and Pitino comes away with 2 of the worst performances of the year (maybe the two worst) and drops them both.

I cannot say anything positive about the effort, execution, game plan or literally anything about these last two games. If you want an idea of how checked out the fan base is, I was following GopherBasketball's official account and the GopherHole account during the game. Well in to the second half, nobody had replied to a single GopherHole tweet, and the first response to a GopherBasketball tweet was at halftime. The Iowa debacle was truly the end of the Pitino era/this season for everyone except those of us crazy enough to want to experience more pain and disappointment.

Coyle made a MAJOR mistake in giving Pitino a 7th year and he better be prepared to beg, borrow and steal MAJOR money to fix this. The program is in significantly worse shape now than it was 6-8 months ago with missing on an entire class of Minnesota kids and committing scholarships to guys who have no business playing high major basketball.

You have issues. Youre literally having an orgasm because you're saying "I told you so" on a message board. Get a life, man. Jesus.

You told me so when they were a game over .500 and had a favorable schedule. Do you not remember this?

DON'T YOU REMEMBER?

If you want to hold me to higher standards than yourself, then go for it.

Is that why you only post during losses?? Because you are "enjoying" the wins so much?
Maybe he has other things going on in his life and cannot watch consistently.

If consistency is one of your criteria, why are you not more upset?

4-25 on 3 pointers. No chance to win.
27 points for their left handed big. Oruro never realized that he was left handed.

Why is Darrell Thompson employed to talk Gopher football when his kid is playing for Indiana?

The play by play guy is a former Iowa Hawkeye play-by-play guy/Luther College graduate and the sideline reporter is an Iowa grad. But apparently having a son play 10 minutes a game on average for Indiana is disqualifying.....:rolleyes:

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Sad.

If the dad was a Gopher and the son became a Hoosier....didn't the apple far fall from the tree?

Is that why you only post during losses?? Because you are "enjoying" the wins so much?
I hope to enjoy lots of wins in the future. To that end, we need a new coach, and we've needed one for a while now.

Gophers need a fresh start and Pitino needs a fresh start.

Win/Win

Pitino looks like a dead man walking in the post game presser.

Maybe he has other things going on in his life and cannot watch consistently.

If consistency is one of your criteria, why are you not more upset?

I know you're not that dumb. He just coincidentally is not busy when we're losing, yeah?

To your second point, I'm a fan of the team. I am upset. I think the negativity midseason from a handful of posters who only surface when it fits their narrative really ruins this board. I probably should ignore them but it gets the best of me.

I never argued that Pitino was the be-all, end-all. I simply wanted to enjoy the Gophers winning games, which in turn meant Pitino was winning. I'm not going to cheer for losses because I want a better coach. Call it a different personality. I'd rather go blind and never be able to see sports again than be the kind of little bitch fan who comes to shit negativity on fellow fans on a message board.

Like I said earlier, I'm good with a change after this season. I saw a different body language tonight and it was sad. Hope Coyle can make another good hire.

And oh, I hope a change means Goldteam, USAF and GopherGangsta can STFU next year and let us enjoy the team.

They just look defeated on the court, shoulders slumped, no fire. I’d be surprised if they win another game.
Stephen Bardo said on the broadcast that he did not like the Gophers body language today, and that it needed to change. Even non-fans are seeing it. This team played hard earlier in the season but whatever is going on now, they have given up, and if they aren’t going to try, that’s when I no longer care to watch them. Give me a bad team that plays hard any day over what we saw tonight.

I know you're not that dumb. He just coincidentally is not busy when we're losing, yeah?

And oh, I hope a change means Goldteam, USAF and GopherGangsta can STFU next year and let us enjoy the team.
For the record, I believe this is the first game thread I've been on, win or lose. And I was here during the first half, when they were winning. Remember? You dropped in to shit on me.

All I've ever said was, Pitino hasn't gotten it done, ain't getting it done, and won't get it done. Which I think is pretty accurate. And for that, a few of you high-horse, "you ain't a fan unless you agree with ME" types have done nothing but attack me. Witness tonight's game thread.

You want to support crap? Knock yourself out. But STFU about the rest of us.

To your second point, I'm a fan of the team. I am upset. I think the negativity midseason from a handful of posters who only surface when it fits their narrative really ruins this board. I probably should ignore them but it gets the best of me.

I never argued that Pitino was the be-all, end-all. I simply wanted to enjoy the Gophers winning games, which in turn meant Pitino was winning. I'm not going to cheer for losses because I want a better coach. Call it a different personality. I'd rather go blind and never be able to see sports again than be the kind of little bitch fan who comes to shit negativity on fellow fans on a message board.

Like I said earlier, I'm good with a change after this season. I saw a different body language tonight and it was sad. Hope Coyle can make another good hire.

When I first posted the gophers needed to replace Pitino, you treated me rudely.

I didn't know you, i didn't offend you, I didn't call you out.......I simply said Pitino needed to be replaced. You basically went off on me. I don't know who the hell you think you are being this poor little me poster now.

You know what. I was right and you were wrong!

For the record, I believe this is the first game thread I've been on, win or lose. And I was here during the first half, when they were winning. Remember? You dropped in to shit on me.

All I've ever said was, Pitino hasn't gotten it done, ain't getting it done, and won't get it done. Which I think is pretty accurate. And for that, a few of you high-horse, "you ain't a fan unless you agree with ME" types have done nothing but attack me. Witness tonight's game thread.

I just posted the same thing. How ironic!

Hahahaha. This is the first game thread you've been on?? WTF. That is the most bold-faced lie I've seen on this board.

Top Bottom