***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Coming into the game our 2nd lowest offensive eff was Battle at 90 points per 100 possessions in the floor. That is quite bad. Meanwhile when Henley is on the floor it is 73.2, has to be one of the lowest of any player in the country. 15 games in I get it, but uff he doesn't look like he's anything close to a D1 player

I’m so sick of watching underwood teams arm bar 30 feet away from the rim with no call. Also hold and put two hands on ball carrier.

Coming into the game our 2nd lowest offensive eff was Battle at 90 points per 100 possessions in the floor. That is quite bad. Meanwhile when Henley is on the floor it is 73.2, has to be one of the lowest of any player in the country. 15 games in I get it, but uff he doesn't look like he's anything close to a D1 player
He’s a freshman who’s learning- what don’t you understand about that bro?

All u seemingly do is piss and moan on here.

Did TT lose the best shooter on the court?

He’s a freshman who’s learning- what don’t you understand about that bro?

All u seemingly do is piss and moan on here.
Because I'm giving out concrete stats? Sorry I don't think every player on our team is LeBron James.

I have been and the team plenty of props the last few games.

Keeping Dainja in foul trouble will be a key to stay in this one. The last 4 games have looked like a world of difference from the start of the season, can’t say enough about the improvement.

Encouraging to see the improvement in all areas. They will have nice depth next year, especially if they can add a PG via the portal. Ben and staff have done a nice job in raising the level of play of this team.

Anyone have insight in how Betts is doing in practice? Strengths? Weaknesses?

If Battle is hot in the second half-we’ll win. Ramp up the D just a little more…not quite the same fire as at OSU. Decent half.

Because I'm giving out concrete stats? Sorry I don't think every player on our team is LeBron James.

I have been and the team plenty of props the last few games.
I never said that, did I?

In my experience, most stat nerds, like you apparently are, likely never played in college and have zero idea of the transition which is experienced; instead you complain about an 18 year old kid, who moved halfway across the country and is trying his best. I’d be concerned if he was an upper classman, rather than figuring out how his game fits at this level.

We played an excellent first half, so where are your rave reviews?

1st Half​

Team Stats
Game Stats
Illinois
Minnesota
Points3532
FG15-3413-29
FG%44.144.8
3P3-102-6
3P%30.033.3
FT2-44-7
FT%50.057.1
Rebounds2317
Offensive Rebounds62
Defensive Rebounds1715
Ties00
Lead Changes00
Time with Lead15:352:59
Lead % of Game77.914.9
Last Lead30-29
Last Lead: Time2:08 (1st)
Largest Lead73
Largest Lead: Score21-147-4
Largest Lead: Time9:59 (1st)17:45 (1st)
Assists78
Turnovers44
Bench Points125
Blocks41
On Court Points2327
Fastbreak Points20
Steals12
Points off Turnovers52
Points in the Paint2418
Second Chance Points64
Personal Fouls87
Technical Fouls00
Possessions00

Nice prayer answered on that last Illinois shot.

Can’t wait till we develop depth like Ill.

Last edited:

Last 4 minutes...
ILL 12 - 0 run
MINN 0 - 5 Fg

Battle is killing us. Getting him shots…

So little offensive talent. And i continue to ask, WTF is Samuels doing on this team?

Top Bottom