***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
I can't imagine we've had too many 5pm Monday tip-off times through the years at The Barn, but when we have a shot to build a winning streak, the tip time doesn't matter! The last 3 games have been promising and winning a road game at OSU is nothing to sneeze at. Now we need to build off that game and reward the the home fans with the same effort and result.

We need to keep Garcia out of foul trouble and Dainja off the boards. Let's hope the crowd is rocking.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, this game will come down to how well we can contain the dribble drive and the boards. From what I have seen, Illini thrives on the drive and Dainja can be a load down low. Samuel lack of height could be an issue. I agree that PP needs to match Dainja's minutes. Could we see more zone?
We may need to score more than 75 to get a W as I question whether we can defend Illini's offensive strengths.

Monday, first day of classes back. Hopefully the Barn has some life tonight and can give the guys that energy to beat a pretty good Illinois team. Want to see the same defensive intensity as against Ohio State.

I'm just hoping we see the positive trends from the past few games continue. Team has played so much better even if they haven't come out on top in a couple of the games.

yup lets continue to see the effort!

they give up a lot of turnovers....our guys need to limit ours and take advantage of theirs!

Does Dainja play much? He was a monster in HS.

19 minutes a game, 5 starts. Averages 10.4 pts and about 6 rebounds per game. 26 blocks. He's having a very good season.

Monday, first day of classes back. Hopefully the Barn has some life tonight and can give the guys that energy to beat a pretty good Illinois team. Want to see the same defensive intensity as against Ohio State.
It's a holiday. No classes. No work (for most)

19 minutes a game, 5 starts. Averages 10.4 pts and about 6 rebounds per game. 26 blocks. He's having a very good season.
Man—I thought he would be so good for the Gophers. Unfortunately he’s really solid for someone else. Prior to PP we haven’t had many guys with that classic college bully build. Our bigs always seem so slender since like James/Thomas.

Mo Walker was thicc, I suppose EE was thicker. But not as athletic as Dainja and Payne.

My best HS comparison for Dainja was Julius Randle. Similar builds and athleticism (randle better but similar). Saw Randle play a few times and he was unstoppable. Dainja the same way when I saw him.

Anyway—I hope he goes 0/29 and fouls out.

I'm going with the key to the game being our blocking them out on offensive put-backs. Ben should get Charles Barkley to give 'em a pep talk on getting position on rebounds.

Barkley was a master at rebound positioning.
I was referencing an old, very popular commercial. Charles a top 3 positioning rebounder I’ve ever seen. Him, Rodman and Ben Wallace.

For the Gophers the best I’ve seen is Jordan Murphy

need 10+ 3s to have a chance to minimize their superior interior game.

I’d only this game was part of the fox sports all access, I’d pay pay per view prices to listen to Brad Underwood have a meltdown

Top Bottom