***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA COVID RESCHEDULED IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The expressions on the Illini players seems to be that they toying with the U.

Would have been real nice to keep it around 7 going into half, but pretty happy with the way we've fought, considering how poorly we matchup, and that we haven't really hit many 3s.

Willis generally plays a lot more passive in the first half, so I'm not too worried yet, but gonna need him to step up in the second.

This looks like the Willis I remember from 2 years ago, not great!

I think we knew there were teams that were just more talented that we would likely not beat. Illinois is certainly one of them. That happens. I do like the fight of the team, just like the mich st game, keep it close.

1st half stats
Team Stats
Game Stats
Illinois
Minnesota
Points4130
FG15-3013-31
FG%50.041.9
3P4-92-5
3P%44.440.0
FT7-82-6
FT%87.533.3
Rebounds2214
Offensive Rebounds43
Defensive Rebounds1811
Ties11
Lead Changes10
Time with Lead16:401:05
Lead % of Game83.35.4
Last Lead3-0
Last Lead: Time18:19 (1st)
Largest Lead163
Largest Lead: Score31-153-0
Largest Lead: Time9:37 (1st)19:24 (1st)
Assists116
Turnovers54
Bench Points45
Blocks41
On Court Points2925
Fastbreak Points26
Steals23
Points off Turnovers47
Points in the Paint2210
Second Chance Points74
Personal Fouls78
Technical Fouls00
Possessions3434
ST0:0

Gophers are battling. Just a little undermanned. In striking distance

Gophers did a better job of defended the 3 and controlling tempo on that second 10 minutes. Would've been nice to keep the game within 10 at half.

Illinois out-matches us so hard.

Hopefully Willis and Battle wake up for the second half and everything stops falling for the Illini.

Played pretty well once the bleeding stopped at around 10 minutes or so. Had a run there which added some excitement.

Yeah. Illinois is maybe the worst matchup in the conference for this team. We have already exceeded my expectations but this is a tough one.
It seems like that's been the case for about 20 years. Sigh.

Gophers did a better job of defended the 3 and controlling tempo on that second 10 minutes. Would've been nice to keep the game within 10 at half.

Illinois out-matches us so hard.
Nice excuse

Illinois was on a 108 point pace at the 10 minute mark. 28 points in the first 10 minutes. Only 13 in the second ten.

Fucking absurd. Most humans will hit the floor if they meet Cockburn’s shoulder.

Will our new culture help the defense and hero ball being played tonight?

Just fire up 3's and hope to get hot. This taking it inside is not working.

Top Bottom