***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA COVID RESCHEDULED IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
This feels like a college hockey season where teams more or less take off a month of play. I hate the layoff, I hope we don't have rust. I will love the layoff if the Illini has rust.

This is a big game, a chance given odd circumstances for both teams with lack of games to potentially knock off a really good Illini team.

Here's hoping The Barn is rocking and the 3 point shots are falling.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We played great through non-conference. Here comes the hard part. We beat Michigan by playing a clean game with barely any turnovers, not letting up transition scores, and hitting open shots. We know the recipe for success, time to see if we can do it night in and night out against big 10 competition.

Excited for tonight, have missed watching these guys play.

3 areas to keep a close eye on

Minnesota 3 point defense: 24%
Illinois makes 10.5 3FG per game at a 39% clip

Illinois +12.8 rebounding margin
Minnesota -4.4 rebound margin

Illinois 15.8 turnovers per game
Minnesota 9.8 turnovers per game

GEDJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we know if Illinois is at full strength. I mean, I assume they are but don’t know if anyone would know definitively.

Anyone else watching this FS1 spot on the Ferguson long snapper brothers? Funny stuff.

Freedom of movement will be interesting tonight

Not nice of them to give Cockburn full NBA continuation rules there

We lasted longer than I thought.

They are gonna have to start missing a shot at some point here right??!?

Yeah. Illinois is maybe the worst matchup in the conference for this team. We have already exceeded my expectations but this is a tough one.
We just don’t have an answer for most of what they do

Getting into unwatchable territory and kiddo hasn’t even gone down to sleep yet

We just don’t have an answer for most of what they do
We are overachieving by playing tough and playing grown man basketball.
they’re bigger and stronger than us and they shoot better.

Yeesh

Not saying impossible but I think we have a better shot against Some of the others near the top

Tough start. Might have to do with the long layoff but this is the first time against another P5 school I’ve seen a noticeable talent difference.

Top Bottom