***OFFICIAL I SUPPORT COACH BREWSTER THREAD***

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
come on.

prove to me that not all the reasonable posters are at the game.

I'm not against Brewster but I don't see the improvement from Mason to him yet after 3 years.......

Fire him? No sir, not this season but if next year we just look horrendous then it may be time to hire a proven coach that knows what they want to do instead of still trying to find themselves after 3 years.......

Count me in. he needs to be gone. Three years is enough. he doesn't have these secret red-shirt recruits waiting in the wings and his 2010 recruiting class is littered with 2/3-star players.

I think you're in the wrong thread! :D

I support Coach Brewster as long as he is coaching here. You have to hope
that he can figure out how to coach and hire guys who can run an offense
and defense very very soon because if he doesn't he will be out of a job.

I support Brew as well and he deserves more years to turn it around, we are bowl eligible in a tough schedule. The only game we lost that we were expected to win was against Illinois

I support Brew as well and he deserves more years to turn it around, we are bowl eligible in a tough schedule. The only game we lost that we were expected to win was against Illinois

He deserves a 4th year .... It's how they've played that is the issue...

I do....

...not sure where I place the blame for an inept O. The same team and coaches that shreaded MSU....stunk in the 1st half against a bad Ill team...and all day today.

Kuznia was wide open on the last drive before our winning field goal. Weber rarely threw a good ball today. either often short or way to far...just prior to 2nd field goal to T-A in the endzone...wide open. And what is tough about picking up a blitz or throwing to the open guy??

D played well. I loved the DBs challenging the WR from SDSU...need more of that. Carter was great todayh....but was a freshman as he got beat on that one long throw.

We are better than Ind, Purd, Mich, and Ill. They would gladly trade places with us.

This all said...I need to see progress out of the O. Maybe it does mean just put Gray in. Today he wouldn't have been worse.

Go GOphers! Beat the Hawks!

GM

PS. We can only hope we play against Iowa like did after OSU and PSU this year.

He definitely deserves next year, which is where HIS recruits finally start playing major roles on the team and the first year, hopefully, that the coaching staff doesn't see major overhauls; and he probably deserves one more year after that for the same reasons.

If either or both are sub-.500 failures, he probably has to go. Still, assuming that doesn't happen, he should get 1-2 more years.

He deserves a 4th year .... It's how they've played that is the issue...

Then why does he DESERVE a fourth year? What has he done to DESERVE anything?

Hope is not a strategy, people!!!!

Then why does he DESERVE a fourth year? What has he done to DESERVE anything?

Hope is not a strategy, people!!!!

No, those were 2 sep. points ... they've clearly taken a step backward this year ... I do want to see what he can do with all of his own players ... the entire starting def. next year should be his guys (unless Mason recruits Jacobs and Collado start) ... and most of the starting off. will be his guys.

Give Brew a two-year extension if he beats Iowa. Otherwise wait 'til next year (which could be a 6-6 or even 5-7 year, having foolishly added USC to the schedule). After next year, both Weber and Brew may graduate...

The problem is not just where to place the blame but also how to right the ship. I make allowances for the fact they have had a continual turnover in coaches, and have a new offense. That said it is the second to the last game of the year and the offense the past four games has for the most part been horrendous to non-existent. I do not necessarily expect them to be firing on all cylinders, but I expected a whole lot better in this game.

I am not in the fire Brew camp partially because I believe that it is to quick yet and it would do far more harm then good. But next year I do expect a much better team on the field, in all categories, including discipline.

Regardless of what happens the next two weeks, he should not be fired or extended.

2010 will be the year to determine Brewster's future here. 1-2 Big Ten wins should end the relationship. 3 Big Ten wins might get him a 1-year extension. 4 Big Ten wins should get him a 2-3 year extension and 5 Big Ten wins should get him at least a 3-year extension.

Regardless of what happens the next two weeks, he should not be fired or extended.

2010 will be the year to determine Brewster's future here. 1-2 Big Ten wins should end the relationship. 3 Big Ten wins might get him a 1-year extension. 4 Big Ten wins should get him a 2-3 year extension and 5 Big Ten wins should get him at least a 3-year extension.

^^^THIS

should iowa have fired ferentz after nearly losing to UNI? we've come this far, another 2 yrs will do no long term damage to the program.

Please remind me how the schedule is so tough?

Who are these great teams we lost to?

No matter how nuts he drives me, he deserves more time. Wacker got 5 seasons none of which were better than 4-7. Although the team looks ill prepared at times, he's got horses in the stable. Maybe year four is the year they put it all together.

No matter how nuts he drives me, he deserves more time. Wacker got 5 seasons none of which were better than 4-7. Although the team looks ill prepared at times, he's got horses in the stable. Maybe year four is the year they put it all together.

And how'd that work out for Wacker?

I still support Brew, he's brought in a lot of talent, I want to see what he can do with a complete team that he's recruited.

I support Brew as long as he's our coach.

And he should be our coach at least through next year.

Top Bottom