***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS RUTGERS IN GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!***

Everyone is entitled to an off day. Hollins will be fine. It's encouraging that we won in pretty convincing fashion without him scoring anything. Bodes well for the rest of the tourney.

The number of layups this team misses is mind-blowing. Walker could average over 20 if he could make anything.

+1

And then he finally explodes and dunks one when the game's already over! WTH, why doesn't he do that all the time when he's next to the rim?

I really like our matchups this tourney. I think we can beat OSU and we already beat MSU. Gotta come out and play a great game tomorrow!

"Nate Mason continues his ascension as one of the premiere underclassmen in the league"

Most encouraging thing about this win was it was the underclassmen who led the way. Mason and King were great tonight on both ends of the floor. I liked the decision making and aggressiveness from Morris even though he missed a number of floater type shots he usually hits. Buggs provided a good spark of energy with his play think he got caught in between a layup and dunk on the miss. Mathieu was the best of the seniors tonight and made better decisions. Looking forward to tomorrow night I think we will need Andre to show up and get hot from 3 and Mo has to finish around the basket a lot better than he did tonight. Also have to be able to rebound the ball consistently I thought we did a pretty good job of it in the 2nd half but our 1st half rebounding was awful.

+1

And then he finally explodes and dunks one when the game's already over! WTH, why doesn't he do that all the time when he's next to the rim?

Has to something in his head - it is hard to understand - get the ball close to the rim and power-up and either get fouled or dunk it - Pitino must be as frustrated as we are.

Least dunks for a power five team over the last two years, not a doubt in my mind.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Most encouraging thing about this win was it was the underclassmen who led the way. Mason and King were great tonight on both ends of the floor. I liked the decision making and aggressiveness from Morris even though he missed a number of floater type shots he usually hits. Buggs provided a good spark of energy with his play think he got caught in between a layup and dunk on the miss. Mathieu was the best of the seniors tonight and made better decisions. Looking forward to tomorrow night I think we will need Andre to show up and get hot from 3 and Mo has to finish around the basket a lot better than he did tonight. Also have to be able to rebound the ball consistently I thought we did a pretty good job of it in the 2nd half but our 1st half rebounding was awful.

Wouldn't it be fun if we had a game where everybody played well?

Has to something in his head - it is hard to understand - get the ball close to the rim and power-up and either get fouled or dunk it - Pitino must be as frustrated as we are.

Part of it is he doesn't have much lift, so he has to gather himself. But sometimes it's almost like he anticipates getting blocked so he quickly flips it up there. Thinking he and Hollins are going to come out determined to redeem themselves tomorrow.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really like our matchups this tourney. I think we can beat OSU and we already beat MSU. Gotta come out and play a great game tomorrow!
After getting beat at the buzzer and in a game where their leading scorer laid an egg, I'm pretty sure they're actually in a better position than if they'd beat PSU.

Did Joey say, "I have a reduced role next season, so I'm shooting this year while I still can!" ???

Good game. Hollins is a mystery. He had his jacket on, clearly not going back in, with about 4 minutes left. I expected to hear he was sick. Doesn't seem to be the case. So a bit odd. In any case, I hope he brings it tomorrow.

Good game. Hollins is a mystery. He had his jacket on, clearly not going back in, with about 4 minutes left. I expected to hear he was sick. Doesn't seem to be the case. So a bit odd. In any case, I hope he brings it tomorrow.

At that point, coach was probably saving necessary bodies for tomorrow; particularly those not having the best day.

Top Bottom