***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS RUTGERS GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!***

Who coaches the team on rebounding? I swear this team has no clue how to rebound at all.

Our big men leave their feet wayyyyy too often on defense.

It's crazy...Rutgers has 19 turnovers; Hollins has 7 threes; and yet the Gophers are only up 9 to a mediocre B1G team at home.

King's bodily sacrifices are impressive.

This team needs to glide this one to victory.

Rutgers staying in the game on some crazy ball bounces and on the strength of offensive rebounding (or should we say lack of Gophers' defensive rebounding).

Not that odd. They've been shooting very well......while Andre is pretty much our only player shooting well.

Mo padding his rebounding numbers by missing layups. Would prefer he just makes his bunnies and gets his rebounds on the defensive end, but beggers can't be choosers.

Who coaches the team on rebounding? I swear this team has no clue how to rebound at all.

Part of the problem is that the defenders are always trying to contest the shot instead of thinking about their footwork and positioning.

Like it or hate it, Bo Ryan has shown the nation how to play fundamental interior defense and defensive rebounding. If only his neighbors to the West would follow suit.

At least we are ahead of them in PF, assists, and steals and blocks

Am I seeing things, or did they give us 4 points for that last 3 by Mason?

Yes!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Needed it. Nice win. Liked the low turnover rate for the team and Dre's shooting.

Gophers FT% "only" 64.7%, Rutgers 80.0%?.. plus Rutgers got to the line more than Minnesota? How in the world did the Gophers pull it off?!?!?! :rolleyes:

It wasn't pretty at times and it ended up probably being closer than it should have been but good to finally get that first conference win and hopefully build a little bit of confidence back up. Good to see Andre have a breakout game and play well. Shot selection was very questionable at times especially towards the middle to late part of the first half but we were able to overcome it. I thought the reffing was really bad today they were so inconsistent and always seemed to be behind the play and which usually leads to guessing what happened than actually seeing what happened on the play.

Needed it. Nice win. Liked the low turnover rate for the team and Dre's shooting.

Gophers FT% "only" 64.7%, Rutgers 80.0%?.. plus Rutgers got to the line more than Minnesota? How in the world did the Gophers pull it off?!?!?! :rolleyes:

If you think that free throws are the only thing that matter in the game of basketball....you are an idiot. Down the stretch in a close game is when free throws become extremely important.

And you wonder why nobody cares to visit your poorly written blog. Is it a blog? I wouldn't know.....I've never visited it. No reason to waste my time reading nonsense from someone who clearly doesn't understand basketball.

If you think that free throws are the only thing that matter in the game of basketball....you are an idiot. Down the stretch in a close game is when free throws become extremely important.

And you wonder why nobody cares to visit your poorly written blog. Is it a blog? I wouldn't know.....I've never visited it. No reason to waste my time reading nonsense from someone who clearly doesn't understand basketball.

Stocker, your sarcasm detection meter is obviously not working. :horse::horse::horse:

I'm not sure anyone has ever said FT shooting is the biggest factor. The difference is you don't think it is a factor while others do. We committed 11 less turnovers and made 6 more 3 pointers.

Gophers 3-18(?) from 3 pt...........if you exclude Andre Hollins. Nice to see him have a good day.

Mo......16 and 8 in 19 mins.............................or something like that I saw on the radio

Top Bottom