***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Wasn't always pretty on the offensive end but a great defensive effort from the Gophers today and a nice win. Good to see Andre hit a clutch 3 late and was happy Mason hit the late 3 over Pettaway as he had passed up a couple open 3's earlier in the game and I thought maybe he was doubting his shot a little so hope that can give him more confidence going forward.

1) We held up opperating in a zone defense; in fact this was the best I have seen these boys play in zone.
2) Coming out of a timeout Pitino sprung the man to man in the perfect time which forced a quick turnover.
3) 15 turnovers for Nebraska in the first half!!!!!!!!!!
4) Great distribution and for the most part in control quick offense.. Carlos you're not included in this one.
5) Solid paint presence with some great teamwork defensively between Joey and Mo. Especially shutting Nebraska down on the inside.

Lastly in the last posession Pitino ordered Kendall to burn down the clock to the end. I saw Mathieu yelling at Pitino to let the walk ons run a play, Kendall was smart enough to listen to Pitino and as the game finished Pitino said to Matthieu "OH COME ON -- Give them a break." (I have expert lip reading skills.) Priceless.

Good win boys.

Did anyone see Miles shove Joey King along the sideline. He should have at least got a technical foul for that.

I thought I saw that. Wasn't sure if I saw it right or not. Wasn't watching on the dvr set.

This is just a guess but I think it was with around 5 or 6 minutes left in the game.

This is just a guess but I think it was with around 5 or 6 minutes left in the game.

I think what you might have seen happened at the 13:20 mark in the second half. Tai Webster was on the Joey King side of the zone. He and King were close to Miles. Webster passed the ball and Miles pushed Tai to direct him in a certain direction. No contact with King.

I think what you might have seen happened at the 13:20 mark in the second half. Tai Webster was on the Joey King side of the zone. He and King were close to Miles. Webster passed the ball and Miles pushed Tai to direct him in a certain direction. No contact with King.

That's what my 'second-guessing' was saying. I didn't think anymore about it until I saw the post from Gopher It. Also the announcers made no mention so I just figured I saw it wrong. Thanks for checking it out.

As best I can recall Joey King was running down the court to his offensive position and was about a yard inside the line when Miles came out and shoved him. There were no Nebraska players in the area. I was stunned to see it. Someone else must have seen it too. Hopefully, they'll verify it.

I saw Miles push one of his own players, towards the basket, in the second half. Couldn't believe it, has to be illegal. Can't have a coach standing on the court physically pushing players into position.

I saw Miles push one of his own players, towards the basket, in the second half. Couldn't believe it, has to be illegal. Can't have a coach standing on the court physically pushing players into position.

Illegal??? I doubt he'd do any time for it.

Top Bottom