***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

These TV announcers almost wet themselves over every little thing Nebraska does.

Hard to understand why Morris is still in the game. He's had a tough day.

We only have four players for three positions. They're all going to play no matter how they're playing because we don't really have a choice.

I feel like our entire team is mistake prone. It's just a matter of which random sample of mistakes appears to make a pattern.

We only have four players for three positions. They're all going to play no matter how they're playing because we don't really have a choice.

This is exactly what some people don't understand.

Loved hearing the student section chanting "We want Coffey!" during a break in free throws on TV a while back!

Hollins' numbers won't look spectacular but he played another very good game. His confidence is sky high right now.

Ha, Little Ritchie does read GH. Declined the hug offered by Miles post game.

Good, relatively stress-free win. Nice game for Coffey to attend also.

Mathieu plays well, we win. I think he's the key to how many games we win. Still can't stand watching Morris out there, but he's the best we've got right now. Didn't see the first half, but 2nd looked really good overall

Great game for Hollins stuffing the stat sheet without scoring a ton but efficient.

From my view across the arena it looked like Coffey enjoyed the game. Waved to the student section after "we want Coffey" chants and the the great sign saying "We have a Bakary now we need Coffey"

I sure was wrong about King, I deserved the hate.

He had a nice game and he's been a fairly dependable shooter throughout the season, but don't get too caught up with one performance. I don't know how harsh you were before, but this isn't his first good game and I doubt this game makes him a new man for the remainder of the season. Overall, he's still a decidedly below average Big Ten starting forward.

The same thing goes for Morris. He didn't have a particularly good game tonight but he's had a nice Big Ten season overall and he does have the talent to be a Big Ten starter.

Good to see this team close out a game. Hopefully they can build off this for Purdue now that they have a break.

I don't mind Morris, the best part of his game is when he drives to the bucket. The outside three point shooting scares me.

Mathieu plays well, we win. I think he's the key to how many games we win. Still can't stand watching Morris out there, but he's the best we've got right now. Didn't see the first half, but 2nd looked really good overall

I agree that Mathieu, just like last year, is critical to the team's performance. Don't get too down on Carlos. He didn't have a great game tonight, but he's a talent and I think he will be even better next year. Tonight may have very well been Walker's best game as a Gopher - on BOTH ENDS of the floor.

One of the guys on the B1G post show was talking about the Gophers "not being out of it" for the NCAA's and bringing up where Nebraska was last year. Nice to see the team get a win, I thought they were going to find a way to give this one away when Nebraska got within four in the middle of the second half.

Did anyone see Miles shove Joey King along the sideline. He should have at least got a technical foul for that.

One of the guys on the B1G post show was talking about the Gophers "not being out of it" for the NCAA's and bringing up where Nebraska was last year. Nice to see the team get a win, I thought they were going to find a way to give this one away when Nebraska got within four in the middle of the second half.

I won't get my hopes up with the final schedule we have. I'm just hoping we aren't relegated to the tourney's below the NIT...

Gophers played very well today, especially on defense helping, switching, and understanding where to go at all times. Mo and Andre really stepped up on the offensive side!

Solid game defensively, I thought. Nebraska's guys were gassed down the stretch going against our full and half court defense.

Optimistic thought: Imagine how much our defense can be if you add some athleticism and length (Dorsey, Johnson, McBryer, etc.). Just need a Damien Johnson type and we could be a force on defense.

Some good things tonight despite a game that was often ugly. Really good defense by the Gophs. Mason hitting that three that he actually should not have taken I think really lifts a weight off his shoulders. Shortly after he hit two free throws which he hasn't been able to do. I just think some clutch misses have been tough on him mentally. Another great thing to see was Hollins hitting that clutch long three pointer before Mason's. We just hadn't had guys make those big shots. Good win!

Top Bottom