***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Kind of happy they got lit up in the second half. A lot of kids playing that need to learn a lesson. Upperclassmen should know better. I think they get an education after the staff breaks down the film.

Kind of happy they got lit up in the second half. A lot of kids playing that need to learn a lesson. Upperclassmen should know better. I think they get an education after the staff breaks down the film.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Lots of teachable moments I'm sure. Let's just hope everybody can be healthy enough to go next week!

Ugh...Seriously, I feel like people want to compare us to MSU or OSU. We should be compared to Purdue, because they are about where we are in terms of facilities and whatnot. We could be a lot worse off (and have been recently). Enjoy the fact that we are 2-0 and have been more impressive than Iowa (who is a favorite to win our division). My god, I really don't understand why people choose to frequent message boards and be negative pricks. Obviously we haven't been perfect, but we have had the most dominating start to a season since the Mason era.

Ugh...Seriously, I feel like people want to compare us to MSU or OSU. We should be compared to Purdue, because they are about where we are in terms of facilities and whatnot. We could be a lot worse off (and have been recently). Enjoy the fact that we are 2-0 and have been more impressive than Iowa (who is a favorite to win our division). My god, I really don't understand why people choose to frequent message boards and be negative pricks. Obviously we haven't been perfect, but we have had the most dominating start to a season since the Mason era.

People aren't being overly negative they are just expecting some of the things they are seeing not to be happening in year 4 under Kill. The first half today was awesome the second half was terrible. I am sure everyone is thrilled to be 2-0 but there are plenty of things that we have seen against pretty mediocre competition that don't bode well for the Big Ten season.

People aren't being overly negative they are just expecting some of the things they are seeing not to be happening in year 4 under Kill. The first half today was awesome the second half was terrible. I am sure everyone is thrilled to be 2-0 but there are plenty of things that we have seen against pretty mediocre competition that don't bode well for the Big Ten season.
exactly. The second half felt like year 7 of Glen Mason.

Yeah Myrick celebrating a hit even though they got the first irked me, but not as much as 10 guys on that missed field goal. It wasn't rushed, the TV timeout guy was on the field and they had plenty of time to count. Sloppy!!!

I didn't count the bodies but did you count the player at the back of the end zone under the posts?

You mean the 2nd half when we saw a lot of Cedric Dicke playing NT? I mean, it's nice to see guys like Celestin and Dicke and Everett Williams and D. Laster getting some minutes but I think we can attribute some of the action that took place after they were up 28-0 to some backups getting PT?

There was not much to be disappointed about today other than Leidner, IMO. Let's not overreact. The game was in hand at HT.

Seeing these kind of games frustrate me because they make me wonder if this program is progressing like it should.

The entire second half was butt to watch, which was the case for a lot of last year and the year before, etc., etc.

Yeah Myrick celebrating a hit even though they got the first irked me, but not as much as 10 guys on that missed field goal. It wasn't rushed, the TV timeout guy was on the field and they had plenty of time to count. Sloppy!!!

So you saw the 10 guys too. Glad it wasn't just me. Too bad the coaches didn't see it... Or any player on the field.

I didn't count the bodies but did you count the player at the back of the end zone under the posts?

I noticed Thompson back there is well. I wonder why? It was a 41 yarder, not a 55 yarder.

BTW, what was the deal with the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against BBC after his INT? From what we could see on TV, it didn't look like he did a whole lot. I just saw five Oregon players do a hell of a lot more after a pick with no flag. Seems like refs are very inconsistent with these type of penalties.

So you saw the 10 guys too. Glad it wasn't just me. Too bad the coaches didn't see it... Or any player on the field.

Tony Dorsett made the longest run in the history of the NFL (against the Vikings) with only 10 men on the Dallas side.

Oh...and MTSU missed the kick. Of all the things I'm not happy with this week, this is not even on the front page.

As mentioned, we had a player in the end zone. I'm guessing the kicker had a very weak leg?

I noticed Thompson back there is well. I wonder why? It was a 41 yarder, not a 55 yarder.

BTW, what was the deal with the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against BBC after his INT? From what we could see on TV, it didn't look like he did a whole lot. I just saw five Oregon players do a hell of a lot more after a pick with no flag. Seems like refs are very inconsistent with these type of penalties.
I was at the game, but the guys behind me said it was because he made a signal by making an "X" by crossing his arms. Apparently any gesture is flaggable.

That was a strange call. So was the "touchback" when the ball bounced to an MTSU player in the endzone. Some of the calls these guys make are just baffling considering this is their job.

Not the dreaded "X".

Ya, I was wondering if that meant anything. BBC can't make an X after making an interception, but Myrick can **** his pants for tackling a guy after he picks up the 1st down? Seems backwards to me.

Ya, I was wondering if that meant anything. BBC can't make an X after making an interception, but Myrick can **** his pants for tackling a guy after he picks up the 1st down? Seems backwards to me.

That's just weird then if true. How do you decide which signal is okay and which one isn't? Players do things like the salute all the time. Or getting up and crossing your arms. Very inconsistent if you ask me.

That's just weird then if true. How do you decide which signal is okay and which one isn't? Players do things like the salute all the time. Or getting up and crossing your arms. Very inconsistent if you ask me.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Has anyone seen Cobb do the deal he always did last year where he was mock dispersing bills with his hands?

This doesn't say much, but hey, take what you can get. After two weeks, there is only one Big 10 team with a pair of double digit victories.

Top Bottom