*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-NEW HAMPSHIRE GAME THREAD ***

Hey, let's face it...if anyone bitches about anything in this game... F-U-C-K 'em.

Goldyspop just reported that the sun was a little too bright from the visitors side, and the beer was a little too cold. :)

Mase doesn't seem impressed with Gray...said he would put Shortell in to run 2min.drill and wouldn't think twice about it.

44-7 Gophers, final score. Will announce the winner of "Predict the Score" soon.

Well, now that's how a B1G team should put the hammer down on a team like NH.

Gray was very good this week.
DBs and DL were dominant, particularly the DL.
OL looked good.
Shortell looked good.

Hard to complain about anything in that game.

The only thing I would say is that LBs still seem like the weak spot.

We know two things for sure through 2 games:

#1- The defense is definitely better than last year. They probably have top half of the B1G Corners and DL.

#2- We're in good shape at QB for the foreseeable future.

#3- While not as improved as I would like I think the offense as a whole is better.

Mase doesn't seem impressed with Gray...said he would put Shortell in to run 2min.drill and wouldn't think twice about it.

Because Mase was sooooooo great at making Coaching decisions during crunchtime...
stephenahand.png

Well, now that's how a B1G team should put the hammer down on a team like NH.

Gray was very good this week.
DBs and DL were dominant, particularly the DL.
OL looked good.
Shortell looked good.

Hard to complain about anything in that game.

The only thing I would say is that LBs still seem like the weak spot.

We know two things for sure through 2 games:

#1- The defense is definitely better than last year. They probably have top half of the B1G Corners and DL.

#2- We're in good shape at QB for the foreseeable future.

#3- While not as improved as I would like I think the offense as a whole is better.

Yep, agree with all this. The thing that absolutely stands out on defense is speed. It's night and day. Hageman an Wilhite are all over the place.

The offense still needs to be more consistent, but its nice to see some big plays.

Yep, agree with all this. The thing that absolutely stands out on defense is speed. It's night and day. Hageman an Wilhite are all over the place.

The offense still needs to be more consistent, but its nice to see some big plays.

Who was the clown on here saying that Hageman should be on the OL?

Good game for Gray, I think. Certainly he ran well and passed well, with one dropped pass. Shortell, seemed to pick up receivers better, but in a wrap-up role the D may have been packed in against the run. Be interested in what the coaches see in the films. Against a NHU,we Gray needs to attempt and complete more passes tham he did. When he pulls it down and runs that quickly, there's a good chance he's missing receivers. Certainly the D line is well ahead of the O line at this point in time.

Good game, great victory. Let's go get Michigan, Jr.

Self-appointed referee of GH, calls people he disagrees with "Dumb F-u-c-k-e-r-s." Keep it classy, Doc.

Jesus man, MG proved them wrong, I called a spade a spade, and I am the one told to keep it classy? sheesh.

At least I don't insult a young man on the field working his butt off to succeed but others can, and that is classy? Get a grip.

Kill said the offense still needs a lot of work. I agree with coach Kill, Mase and the studio guys. Need improvement in the o line and passing game. Though we scored 37 pts we still need more consistency.

Defense was the most impressive. Impressed with the pass rush and db's. Team defense is much faster and better.

Good to see the Gophers finally put away a team like this instead of struggling.

Great to be 2-0 but as coach Kill said there still needs to be improvement on offense.

does anyone know the announced attendance?

They announced the attendance as around 47,000 at the game. It looked to be about accurate. The upper corner by the video board appeared to be the only spot that was lacking people. I will say this though. The stadium was EMPTY 10 minutes to game time, and still very scarce 5 minutes to game time. People do not like these 11:00 AM starts.

On a better note, GREAT GAME! It was so much fun to see a B1G team handle an FCS team like they're supposed to.

Jesus man, MG proved them wrong, I called a spade a spade, and I am the one told to keep it classy? sheesh.

At least I don't insult a young man on the field working his butt off to succeed but others can, and that is classy? Get a grip.

So, let's say MG has a lousy game next week. Can everybody line up and call you a "Dumb F-u-c-k-e-r?" How would that grab ya? Maybe tell you to eff off, like you said earlier in this thread? I'm sure you'd be on board with that.

But, yeah, you're above criticizing a college athlete, but not above rubbing his good performance in the face of people you disagree with and referring to them as f'ers--something way worse than anything anybody said about MG. Way to ride that high road.

But I guess you have perspective: It's ok to be a raging prick, as long as you're only an a** to anybody that fairly criticized the Gophers.

Another plus...the students are still in the house. That wouldn't have happened back in the dome.

To be fair, that wouldn't have happened anytime in the past few years at TCF. This was the perfect time to rout an opponent--a game where all of the freshmen got free tickets. I have a feeling this could be a pretty nice boost for attendance for a while.

Are we a little angry? Calm down and have another beer.

Some Day...you obviously did not read the thread that dealt with someone saying Gray has lost a step. One game, one incident, and today he showed them that he hasn't lost a step. And I am told to calm down? Tell the others to calm down. Thanks.

Great game to be in the student section, energy was high all game and numbers were impressive for the 11 am start. I heard numerous remarks about kids buying season tickets because they enjoyed this game. Looks like those free vouchers might help quite a bit.

So, let's say MG has a lousy game next week. Can everybody line up and call you a "Dumb F-u-c-k-e-r?" How would that grab ya? Maybe tell you to eff off, like you said earlier in this thread? I'm sure you'd be on board with that.

But, yeah, you're above criticizing a college athlete, but not above rubbing his good performance in the face of people you disagree with and referring to them as f'ers--something way worse than anything anybody said about MG. Way to ride that high road.

But I guess you have perspective: It's ok to be a raging prick, as long as you're only an a** to anybody that fairly criticized the Gophers.

I have been called a lot worse things by a lot better people, so it bothers me this much: 000000000000000000000000

Who said this was going to be a close game? Idiots!

You've obviously paid no attention to the past week.

Top Bottom