*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-NEW HAMPSHIRE GAME THREAD ***

I have been called a lot worse things by a lot better people, so it bothers me this much: 000000000000000000000000

It bothers you 24? Kind of seems like a lot.

Great game to be in the student section, energy was high all game and numbers were impressive for the 11 am start. I heard numerous remarks about kids buying season tickets because they enjoyed this game. Looks like those free vouchers might help quite a bit.

Great to hear.

Kudos to Teague/Kill or whomever.

Ah *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# we got someone who knows binary here

I mean, I do know binary, but that's not what I was getting at. Don just listed twenty-four 0's.

By the way, 24 in binary is 11000.

Kill said the offense still needs a lot of work. I agree with coach Kill, Mase and the studio guys. Need improvement in the o line and passing game. Though we scored 37 pts we still need more consistency.

Defense was the most impressive. Impressed with the pass rush and db's. Team defense is much faster and better.

Good to see the Gophers finally put away a team like this instead of struggling.

Great to be 2-0 but as coach Kill said there still needs to be improvement on offense.

From what I heard, Mase and the studio guys said seperate things. I didn't hear it, I was at the game, but a friend told me that the studio guys were gushing about Gray and Mase was hinting that he prefers Shortell.

That said, I agree with you. The D looked fantastic. That isn't as bad of an offense as we made them look today. Hageman and Wilhite looked great. Hageman absolutely took over that 2nd quarter. The entire D looked good.

For me, one of the most notable differences was special teams and we didn't make silly mistakes.

As far as the offense. . .I'd like to get a little more out of our running backs but I don't think we're going to look much better than we did today.

From what I heard, Mase and the studio guys said seperate things. I didn't hear it, I was at the game, but a friend told me that the studio guys were gushing about Gray and Mase was hinting that he prefers Shortell.

That said, I agree with you. The D looked fantastic. That isn't as bad of an offense as we made them look today. Hageman and Wilhite looked great. Hageman absolutely took over that 2nd quarter. The entire D looked good.

For me, one of the most notable differences was special teams and we didn't make silly mistakes.

As far as the offense. . .I'd like to get a little more out of our running backs but I don't think we're going to look much better than we did today.

Mason was all over the place about Gray. Said he would have loved to have Gray as a QB with the running backs he had, then in the 2nd half when Shortell came in, he completely changed. Didn't make sense.

Mason was all over the place about Gray. Said he would have loved to have Gray as a QB with the running backs he had, then in the 2nd half when Shortell came in, he completely changed. Didn't make sense.

I heard Mason just said he'd rather have Shortell for the 2 minute drill.

Mase was saying he liked the way Max looked calm and went through his reads better that Gray, but also Gray is a bigger threat with his running, and would like to see Gray develop better in the passing game.

One of the guys asked if it was 2 minutes and need to score which would he prefer....Mase said Shortell without a doubt.

I think that's pretty close to what he said.

The way I see it is we have a poor man's Michigan offense, similar QBs (though gray isn't on Robinson's level). However, watching the Michigan defense I think that our DL and CBs are probably better or at least no worse. I think our defense could be better than Michigan's though our offense isn't as good.

Funny thing is that the Michigan game later in the year could be between two teams that are similarly built and have about the same number of loses.

The way I see it is we have a poor man's Michigan offense, similar QBs (though gray isn't on Robinson's level). However, watching the Michigan defense I think that our DL and CBs are probably better or at least no worse. I think our defense could be better than Michigan's though our offense isn't as good.

Funny thing is that the Michigan game later in the year could be between two teams that are similarly built and have about the same number of loses.

Are you for real? Allright I agree that Gray has not reached Robinsons level yet, but he is for sure capable of being just as effective. You have said that Gray cant throw, well Robinson REALLy cant throw. Gray could end up having a better year than Robinson if he gets his passing down a bit more.

I can't believe that you think our DL and CB's are in the same vacinity of Michigan, when you just said that Gray isn't on Robinsons level. Michigan is up a level no doubt when it comes to their D athletes, they just are.

Are you for real? Allright I agree that Gray has not reached Robinsons level yet, but he is for sure capable of being just as effective. You have said that Gray cant throw, well Robinson REALLy cant throw. Gray could end up having a better year than Robinson if he gets his passing down a bit more.

I can't believe that you think our DL and CB's are in the same vacinity of Michigan, when you just said that Gray isn't on Robinsons level. Michigan is up a level no doubt when it comes to their D athletes, they just are.

From what I've seen so far, not impressed at all with Michigan's defense. Could be they're in a funk right now but that defense isn't impressive at all. No doubt they have better athletes at most spots but athleticism isn't everything on the college level. They definitely have more depth all over the place than we do.

Someone's flying high after the win today. haha

I think Mason preferred pro style QBs. I don't remember him playing many if any duel threat ones. Given the RBs he had, no reason to!

I thought the Gophers played well in a lot of areas today with the pass rush standing out the most. I am not sold on the running game and I am unsure how it will hold up in the B1G. Really nice to see a 44-7 type score, even if it was against a lower division team.

Mase was saying he liked the way Max looked calm and went through his reads better that Gray, but also Gray is a bigger threat with his running, and would like to see Gray develop better in the passing game.

One of the guys asked if it was 2 minutes and need to score which would he prefer....Mase said Shortell without a doubt.

I think that's pretty close to what he said.

To be fair, Mase did throw in the qualifier that he'd go with Shortell had the defense shown the capability of containing Gray on the ground. So he said he'd go with Shortell if passing the ball were essentially the only option, and Gray's running ability could not come into play.

Someone's flying high after the win today. haha

Damn right. It's like this:

570306487.gif

Top Bottom