*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-MICHIGAN GAME THREAD ***

Down six and I would still classify this half as a disaster.

We need to fix our turnovers now.

Some dumb decisions and lack of execution all around. A top 10 team wouldn't be making these mistakes.

Can't keep missing those bunnies under the basket.

If Julian or mav play that many minutes in the 2nd half we are in trouble. Hope our boys have a talk with Jesus and come out firing

Go gophers

Only Tubby would keep his start PG out for 15 minutes because of 2 measley fouls...its not like he had 4 fouls TUBBY!

Good thing is, it's only 6. We figure out Hardaway, don't make so many ridiculous turnovers, get a fresh Dre back and we're in it.

When Rodney, Trevor and Austin cannot finish at the rim for what, 5 chances you are in trouble.

Mbakwe missing that layup was huge....Austin failing to take the ball to the basket was huge...DUNK THE BALL!!!

Only Tubby would keep his start PG out for 15 minutes because of 2 measley fouls...its not like he had 4 fouls TUBBY!

If he would have gotten a 3rd you would be bitching as well, I'm happy Andre sat we need him more in the second half then in the first

Well, the boneheadedness made a nice return in that last minute. :banghead:

Somebody needs to remind these guys that they can DUNK! It is legal!

Some of these turnovers are ridiculous. Behind the back dribbles against tight coverage, dribbling into 3 and 4 guys, out of control drives...

I don't get how this doesn't get addressed in practices and if it is how do the players continue doing these boneheaded moves. This team would be nearly unbeatable if they can fix their turnover problem

Andre has to understand that he's way too valable to this team to get two early fouls.
And if I hear one more idiot announcer talk about our depth, I'm gonna barf.

Rodney Williams 1 for 4, 0 reb, 0 steals, 0 blks, 2 turnovers....C'MON SENIOR!!!

Ugly overall. Way too many missed bunnies. Rodney and Trevor need to get angry and start playing.

same ole gophers. Just play well enough to lose against quality opponents. With Wisconsin emerging, Id say a 6th place finish is doable and maybe a 6-7 seed in the tourney.

Lets stay calm. The Gophers are a second half team.

Some of these turnovers are ridiculous. Behind the back dribbles against tight coverage, dribbling into 3 and 4 guys, out of control drives...

I don't get how this doesn't get addressed in practices and if it is how do the players continue doing these boneheaded moves. This team would be nearly unbeatable if they can fix their turnover problem

The worst turnover of the half was Welsh trying to feed to Trev to his wrong shoulder...the shoulder McGary was cheating over on....If he feeds that to the other shoulder, Trev spins and dunks. Welch had beaten his man and clearn entry pass and somehow chose the wrong shoulder...easy deflection for McGary.

Lets stay calm. The Gophers are a second half team.

We blew so many chances close to the basket...I'm not sure we can overcome those against a great team with a great set of guards.

7 of 11 turnovers by the 2nd group. so only 4 from starters...

This is not the same team without andre.....he needs to be aware of fouls. happy to be down by only six at half

Down six and I would still classify this half as a disaster.

We need to fix our turnovers now.

I completely agree. But here's the thing: Turnovers have been an issue all year long. It's been overlooked because the team has been winning. But in games like this, you can't continually commit stupid turnovers and expect to win. And so far I've seen nothing from the team that indicates taking care of the ball is a priority. It's simply not how they play. They like to run up and down and get out in transition and if a lot of turnovers happen along the way, so be it. It worked through the first half of the year. But as we all saw in the game against Indiana and the first half tonight, you can't do that and expect to win against really good competition. Hence, I'm really worried about this second half.

burke and hardaway... a 2man team.. no one else matters.. will we wear them down?..... burke looks like chris paul out there..

The worst turnover of the half was Welsh trying to feed to Trev to his wrong shoulder...the shoulder McGary was cheating over on....If he feeds that to the other shoulder, Trev spins and dunks. Welch had beaten his man and clearn entry pass and somehow chose the wrong shoulder...easy deflection for McGary.

I'd say the worst turnover was Mav staring down Trevor in the high post for a good three seconds. McGary was completely in front of Mbakwe by the time the ball even left Mav's hands.

Top Bottom