***OFFICIAL GOPHERS-FLORIDA NCAA TOURNEY IN-GAME THREAD***

Tubby brought this program back. All the Tubby haters need to step down it will only get worse if he goes. Not to mention the slim margin we have of getting Tyus, and Reid go to zero w/o Tubby. Fun ride and i'll watch it till the last second ticks in Austin.

Are you really that shallow?

I don't have time or the desire to point out the 55 reasons to fire him.

And are you really that shallow that you want to put in Wally, who has only played in garbage time, done very little, AND HAS PNEUMONIA in the game to stage a comeback?

Rosario has been an absolute assassin today. Can never recruit enough shooters.

Really, folks, not quite sure where all this Wally-love comes from. He may have some talent but he hasn't played that much -- or shown that much in limited chances -- to warrant big minutes at this time of year (even if he was healthy, which he's not.) In reality, probably a piss-poor decision on pulling the redshirt.

Good news, we have two very good perimeter players coming back in Dre and Austin..

Tubby brought this program back. All the Tubby haters need to step down it will only get worse if he goes. Not to mention the slim margin we have of getting Tyus, and Reid go to zero w/o Tubby. Fun ride and i'll watch it till the last second ticks in Austin.

We can do better than 46-62 in the Big Ten.

This was a win or go home game...the book of taking your best player out with 4 fouls is thrown out the window if you are down more than double digits. Officiating was iffy and the sub patterns were questionable but we were beaten by a better team and coach.

This is how Tubby is. He has one way of coaching and never alters his plan. Adjustments are not something he does very well.

Having said that, I'm not upset about this game because I figured Florida was the better team going in. And like you said, we're simply out-gunned and out-coached by the Gators in this matchup.

Rosario has been an absolute assassin today. Can never recruit enough shooters.

Really, folks, not quite sure where all this Wally-love comes from. He may have some talent but he hasn't played that much -- or shown that much in limited chances -- to warrant big minutes at this time of year (even if he was healthy, which he's not.) In reality, probably a piss-poor decision on pulling the redshirt.

Gophers have way more brick layers than shooters.

I think Tubby is a good coach and it just didn't quite work out here. I'll always wonder what the 2009-2010 team could have been if Trevor/Royce weren't idiots and/or we had a better AD and how it would have gone differently after that. But what happened, happened. The way the last two season collapsed down the stretch and the current red flags in recruiting make this a very difficult decision if I were Teague.

We have a slim shot with those guys anyway, regardless of whether Tubby is here or not imo.

There you have it...the discussion of firing Tubby should be over after beating and undermanned UCLA team. Talking heads have spoken.

I think Tubby is a good coach and it just didn't quite work out here. I'll always wonder what the 2009-2010 team could have been if Trevor/Royce weren't idiots and/or we had a better AD and how it would have gone differently after that. But what happened, happened. The way the last two season collapsed down the stretch and the current red flags in recruiting make this a very difficult decision if I were Teague.
The money is the only concern, became a truly lazy coach. Threw in the towel.

Now the waiting game begins. Will be interesting to see what Teague does here.

On the bright side, the ladies won a national title in puck today...

When you recruit idiots, idiot things happen.

I hope Austin either improves his handle or recognizes he cannot break down guys off the dribble.

Didn't expect the gophers to come out of this with a win, but glad they didn't just pack it in at half and lose by 40. A loud clap for Mbakwe he will be missed.

Now the waiting game begins. Will be interesting to see what Teague does here.

IF they are going to get rid of him, time is of the essence. It can't drag out for a month or we're even more effed in recruiting.

Dumb announcers giving love to Tubby

That's like announcing 101. When a team is getting beaten decisively on a national stage, you almost always have say something really nice about the losing coach. That's just how it works, something along the lines of "(blank) has done a wonderful job with this program" and so on...

Add to that Tubby's sterling reputation with the national media and it's almost expected.

Top Bottom