***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT NORTHWESTERN BIG TEN OPENER IN GAME THREAD!!***

One thing is definite this program has not risen above Glen Mason levels in the least

Leidner has a QB rating of 66. The average is about 100

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I don't think the defense gets a complete pass today. The opening drive in the 3rd quarter by NW was killer. Once again we haven't gotten a turnover, and once again we've been terrible on 3rd down.

Good news for Jer is Charlie Strong is having a worse day.

The pressed when we can get one first down in the third quarter on the road that is nothing to hang your head about.

I mean there is a lot that you can blame, and by no means is it only the QB, but when your QB constantly throws 10 feet over receivers' heads, and or 10 feet in between two receivers... How can you not see that? This is just ridiculous!

Can't wait for Snelson etc. to gaze upon the beauty of our offense on Halloween

Leidner has a QB rating of 66. The average is about 130 or 140

Not defending him, but isn't the max 140 something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is gut check time for the Gophers. Being blown out today may be a blessing in disguise.

This is so hard to watch. Kill is blaming the line. Yes, the line needs work, but Leidner has to make plays when they are there. He doesn't do that. The defense gives the line no shot because there is no fear of Leidner. You have to try something different - I can't imagine the players aren't questioning things when Leidner continues to miss open receivers, and is no threat to take the ball and run.

So you came to that conclusion because he yelled at one O-lineman? There are ton of issues right now and OL is certainly one of them.

I don't think the defense gets a complete pass today. The opening drive in the 3rd quarter by NW was killer. Once again we haven't gotten a turnover, and once again we've been terrible on 3rd down.

They do for me. They kept us in the game for an entire half and the offense was so pathetic it was unwatchable. I don't much care about the defense now. When 3-0 seemed like a big deficit and 10-0 was out of reach, the defense doesn't have to worry about the rest of the game.

This is so hard to watch. Kill is blaming the line. Yes, the line needs work, but Leidner has to make plays when they are there. He doesn't do that. The defense gives the line no shot because there is no fear of Leidner. You have to try something different - I can't imagine the players aren't questioning things when Leidner continues to miss open receivers, and is no threat to take the ball and run.

Yeah, it seemed to me that the lineman just wasn't listening to Kill at all. Wasn't feeling a lot of respect there.

Not defending him, but isn't the max 140 something?

Yeah, I think I looked at a site with a different version of Passer rating. Regardless, I do know that 66 is terrible

Seriously Coach Kill and his group (with the exception of Claeys) is over matched in the B10. No doubt about it.

They get a rest every 4 minutes. Give me a break

Oh gee our defense is so tired!! They are just not playing!! Calling it in already.

Must be discouraging playing your ass off every week to watch the offense hand over the game before it starts.

Character building time for the team. Do they rally and fight together or lose discipline and play individually? This may be a defining moment.

So you came to that conclusion because he yelled at one O-lineman? There are ton of issues right now and OL is certainly one of them.

No, I came to that conclusion listening to Kill all year. Yes, the line is part of the problem. However, when QB is no threat at all, the line is at a huge disadvantage. Anyone who has coached football knows that.

No, I came to that conclusion listening to Kill all year. Yes, the line is part of the problem. However, when QB is no threat at all, the line is at a huge disadvantage. Anyone who has coached football knows that.

Fair enough. I thought your comments were based on him yelling at the one player.

Incompetent coaching. O-line getting destroyed all day. Play calling is even worse.

Top Bottom