***OFFICIAL CENTRAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Good news about this time of year is the bad feeling after a bad game can get erased quickly. The bad part of this season is there isn't a lot of practice time, as the games come quickly. No hanging our head, we have to player harder than last game. And not just for 20 or 25 minutes. The hallmark of this program MUST be to out work the other team every game. Once we get to BT player we will not have the talent advantage, so the effort needs to be the factor we win with. Those habits are built in practice and carried into the games, especially the non-conference games where the habits become real.

I want to see this team all over every loose ball. No excuse not to. Play Payne more than TT. Play Ole-Joseph if hes bringing the energy. Let's go.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than effort and shooting percentage, it will be hard to have many takeaways from this opponent as Central Michigan isn't a powerhouse (KenPom 301). The Gophers as a BigTen should dominate even with a youthful squad and injuries.

Odds have Gophers -10.5 which seems low but that is accounting for the injuries.

I'm just looking to see if Carrington has more confidence with his shot and if any of the guards start to get better penetration for drive and kicks. We should be able to do this against the lesser competition.

Also, we should own the rebound advantage as a BigTen team coming off an egregious performance last game (i'd like to think rebounding was a point of emphasis this week) for Garcia and Treyton.

I'm interested to see if there are any changes in playing time or rotations. Do some players get more time while others get less time?

do the coaches try some different combinations on the floor?

the big thing I am looking for tonight is effort - especially on the boards. I want to see guys going after rebounds like they were stuffed with cash.

If MN loses the loss was expected. Year 5 is the goal.
No one expected them to lose to DePaul. No one is expecting them to lose tonight to C. Mich. But losses happen all of the time and can happen to the best of teams. There have been head scratchers among the Top 25 already in this young season.

No one said that we are tanking Years 1-4 to focus on Year 5. There are some that think that a little patience is warranted and that there may be some ups and downs. We get that you aren't one of them. Maybe you could go to the fan sites of those ranked teams that have suffered embarrassing losses and spread your knowledge and good cheer to them for a couple of months? Heck... maybe come back in Year 5 so you can let us know if we are successful or not.

Good news about this time of year is the bad feeling after a bad game can get erased quickly. The bad part of this season is there isn't a lot of practice time, as the games come quickly. No hanging our head, we have to player harder than last game. And not just for 20 or 25 minutes. The hallmark of this program MUST be to out work the other team every game. Once we get to BT player we will not have the talent advantage, so the effort needs to be the factor we win with. Those habits are built in practice and carried into the games, especially the non-conference games where the habits become real.

I want to see this team all over every loose ball. No excuse not to. Play Payne more than TT. Play Ole-Joseph if hes bringing the energy. Let's go.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A very nice addition for me to your thread starting would be game time and where I can find it on TV.. just ESPN, CBS. BTN, Bally Sports, etc Thanks Is there any TV tonight?

A very nice addition for me to your thread starting would be game time and where I can find it on TV.. just ESPN, CBS. BTN, Bally Sports, etc Thanks Is there any TV tonight?
BTN 8:00pm

Lot of points taken off the board due to offensive fouls so far.

Team is playing like they know they are better than their opponent. Last game they looked nervous and unorganized.

Fouls still an issue. Young team so semi expected but doesn't mean it's still not an issue

Top Bottom