Official Brad Davison is a Tool Thread

I think he has a bit of a reputation which is why he was called for a T last year when he slapped floor because he wanted a foul call and his flagrant the other night

The flagrant should have nothing to do with his reputation. Even if it weren't for the pretty clear nut shot....he grabbed the Iowa players leg and yanked.

If they can stop a game for five minutes to watch 27 replays in order to decide whether to put .1 of a second back on the clock, they can replay Davidson, charge him with a flagrant foul and/or eject him from the game.

That's exactly what they did on Monday night, opting for the flagrant foul when he went Chris Paul on the Hawkeye.

Maybe Davison regularly punches King in the balls at practice and then recites Bible verses when he gets mad at him for it? That would get old after a while.
“If he was on the other team you’d hate him, if he’s on your team you hate just a little less”

Suspended. I can't wait to boo him next week.

I really wish we could stop with the race angle on this one
I wish we could stop the race angle on this one too. I wish we could stop the race angle on a lot of stories in this world. Unfortunately, racism is the reality. When I compare the play and punishment of Griffin from Illinois and the play and punishment of Davison (along with the history of Davison) I don't think it's fair. I think they should at a minimum be equal punishments. I know Davison's act was during an actual basketball play and Griffin's was either on a dead ball or they were far away from the action. But ask a player if they'd rather get stepped on the chest or punched in the privates. I contend the punishment would be different if Davison were not white. (I am white for the record).

I wish we could stop the race angle on this one too. I wish we could stop the race angle on a lot of stories in this world. Unfortunately, racism is the reality. When I compare the play and punishment of Griffin from Illinois and the play and punishment of Davison (along with the history of Davison) I don't think it's fair. I think they should at a minimum be equal punishments. I know Davison's act was during an actual basketball play and Griffin's was either on a dead ball or they were far away from the action. But ask a player if they'd rather get stepped on the chest or punched in the privates. I contend the punishment would be different if Davison were not white. (I am white for the record).

To be fair Chris Paul received a similar 1-game suspension by the ACC for a groin punch. Also Griffin was ejected right away because it was so blatant. Davison required a video monitor review.

I think the the Big 10 got both suspensions right, IMO.

Davison is the next HC at St Thomas. It will years of ‘I wanted to be a gopher my whole life blah blah…..’

Actually a surprisingly not cheap play by Davison. Which is to say it was a common *probably* a common foul.

Kinda wish his punch celebration had landed on a teammates chin to see the aftermath.

You really don't want it to go away when you see two somewhat similar (but not really analogous) events where one person faces one set of consequences and another player faces a different set of consequences and your immediate conclusion is that the different consequences could only be due to race. It seems like an odd thing to be your default assumption.

I'm not even really disagreeing with your take, I'm just disagreeing with the premise that you wish race would stop being an angle. You made it an angle in college basketball.

You really don't want it to go away when you see two somewhat similar (but not really analogous) events where one person faces one set of consequences and another player faces a different set of consequences and your immediate conclusion is that the different consequences could only be due to race. It seems like an odd thing to be your default assumption.

I'm not even really disagreeing with your take, I'm just disagreeing with the premise that you wish race would stop being an angle. You made it an angle in college basketball.

Right! I don't get what Ope is doing there.

And you know it's hoops season when Davison Tool thread pops up!

I know it’s probably considered heresy to post anything good about Brad Davison on this board, but thought this was an interesting video:

People who know Brad have a very different perception of him than the outside world, and I get why he has the reputation he does, but I think it’s good to remember that the vast majority of people talking shit on this board have never interacted with him and have no idea what he’s like in day to day life.

I know it’s probably considered heresy to post anything good about Brad Davison on this board, but thought this was an interesting video:

People who know Brad have a very different perception of him than the outside world, and I get why he has the reputation he does, but I think it’s good to remember that the vast majority of people talking shit on this board have never interacted with him and have no idea what he’s like in day to day life.
Real simple in day to day life sounds like a great kid. Reads the Bible to kids. Works food shelves. I recently found out he was a QB in high school…….. on the court he is a lil punk… sorry

And please don’t give me… if he is on the other team you hate him if he is on your team you love him garbage. I couldn’t stand Pat Bev when the Wolves played against him and Pat Bev still annoys me with the Wolves… just saying

Top Bottom