***OFFICIAL ARKANSAS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
For the first time in a while, there is genuine buzz about the Gopher hoops team. Friday's night win was real, the style of play was fantastic and the emergence of a group of young contributors is exciting. Tonight is a new and big challenge. Time to lace the shoes up tight because it is going to be a track meet!! Both teams like to get up and down the floor. Limiting turnovers will be huge. Get the crowd going early, roll the ball out there and get after it.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to an injury-free game tonight. Maybe we'll meet in a bowl game later on too.

:pig: <- this emoji seems fitting

Yep, limit the turnovers and this game ends in our favor.

I'm more excited for this game than any Gophers game in recent memory.

I'm hoping for:
1. Murphy to stay out of foul trouble
2. Mason to assert himself a bit more early on
3. Springs to take and make better shots

As much as I'm loving Coffey so far, I hope we don't have to lean on him too much.

Should be a fun game!

I'm more excited for this game than any Gophers game in recent memory.

I'm hoping for:
1. Murphy to stay out of foul trouble
2. Mason to assert himself a bit more early on
3. Springs to take and make better shots

As much as I'm loving Coffey so far, I hope we don't have to lean on him too much.

Should be a fun game!

All good!! Go Gophers!

My hopes and dreams:

1. An injury free game
2. A Win
3. Something to excite and inspire (e.g. a comeback, a new player steps up, Coffey goes for 40, Murphy dunk brings down the basket)

Keys to the game:
1. Outscore the opponent
2. Drink beer (me personally, not the players)

I was at the St. John's game on Friday night and was extremely disappointed with the attendance. It would be nice to have the band there to energize the crowd rather than piped in music and hopefully there will be more butts in the seats. This team is very exciting to watch.

I was at the St. John's game on Friday night and was extremely disappointed with the attendance. It would be nice to have the band there to energize the crowd rather than piped in music and hopefully there will be more butts in the seats. This team is very exciting to watch.

I heard there was supposed to be a alumni band for the St. John's game, but for some reason they didn't show up. There will be a band tonight though.

Can confirm that there will be a band tonight. There will not be a band on Friday (unless there is an alumni band). I'm pumped for the game and hope the atmosphere matches my excitement!

My keys that need to jingle:

1. Push for an uptempo game. Don't let Arkansas get comfortable in their slower paced offense.

2. Good 3 point shooting game.

3. Dominate defensive rebounds so that if Arkansas misses (only 53% of the time) we don't give them second chance opportunities.

4. Don't die on 94 from the ice slush.

GO GOPHERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excited for this game and think it will give us a better gauge of where the Gophers are at. St. Johns is young and talented, similar to the Gophers. Arkansas is a much older and experienced team.

We beat UT-Arlington by 17, Arkansas only beat them by 4. Therefore we will win tonight by 13.

I don't need the "simple Google search" rhetoric, but I do have a question about the Gophers on a Gophers message board.

Is this game being televised?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I don't need the "simple Google search" rhetoric, but I do have a question about the Gophers on a Gophers message board.

ESPN3

Fingers crossed for a better broadcast by ESPN3 than the vaunted Big Ten To Go folks.

My keys that need to jingle:

1. Push for an uptempo game. Don't let Arkansas get comfortable in their slower paced offense.

2. Good 3 point shooting game.

3. Dominate defensive rebounds so that if Arkansas misses (only 53% of the time) we don't give them second chance opportunities.

4. Don't die on 94 from the ice slush.

GO GOPHERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong, but I think Arkansas prefers to push the pace and even press on occasion. I'm not sure we can outscore them in a run and gun game though. I'm excited for the matchup. I think we need someone like Springs to get hot from deep.

The Big Ten Network is showing the vaulted matchup of Stony Brook vs Maryland and after that Indiana vs IPFW. How could we not get this game televised? It's has to be one of the few P5 vs P5 non conference matchup that isn't on TV.

The Big Ten Network is showing the vaulted matchup of Stony Brook vs Maryland and after that Indiana vs IPFW. How could we not get this game televised? It's has to be one of the few P5 vs P5 non conference matchup that isn't on TV.

Makes little sense. I assume that it is because of the 7:00 start time. Cuts into half of both games. Of course....the gametime could have been altered. They love to play EVERY Indianagame regardless of opponent.

I think in the contract with ESPN - ESPN gets first dibs so to speak. They elected to stream it not the BTN. Having said that the choice is pretty shady.

I may be wrong, but I think Arkansas prefers to push the pace and even press on occasion. I'm not sure we can outscore them in a run and gun game though. I'm excited for the matchup. I think we need someone like Springs to get hot from deep.

Yep. Run and gun and press the whole game. A totally different style than what the guys have seen thus far. Adjustment time. Hope that the Hogs are shivering and confused with the weather factor and not into the game so the Gophers have time to adjust and take the game over.

This could be a good matchup for Coffey, McBrayer and Mason assuming they take care of the ball and shoot well.

Hogs get the W.

Streaming on: tv-link.in/tv81.php

Top Bottom