Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Forgive my lack of attention to recruiting but how many verbal commits do the Gophers have to date for 2017?

per Greder:

Marshall offensive tackle Blaise Andries, the top-rated high school recruit in Minnesota in the 2017 class, attended Gophers spring practice Saturday.

Andries, a four-star, 6-foot-5 and 300-pound player, has recently visited Notre Dame and Michigan State this spring and has plans to visit Northwestern, Nebraska and Oklahoma in the coming weeks.

Besides Andries, the Gophers hosted about a dozen 2017 recruits Saturday, including Eric Abojei, a three-star, 6-4, 310-pound guard from Robbinsdale Cooper. Abojei, who has offers from Iowa State and Minnesota, is considered a top five player from the state.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/26/top-recruit-blaise-andries-visits-gophers-football-practice/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Noah Gindorff who is a 6'6 230 pound Tight End/Athlete from Crosby-Ironton was on a visit for the Gophers today. He was on a visit yesterday to NDSU on their junior day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterdays practice was a great one for the recruits to attend. Lots of highlights and excitement. The recruits especially seemed to love a competition drill they did early on in practice at mid field. Don't want to specify what that drill was but it was awesome.

Yesterdays practice was a great one for the recruits to attend. Lots of highlights and excitement. The recruits especially seemed to love a competition drill they did early on in practice at mid field. Don't want to specify what that drill was but it was awesome.

Had to be the Oklahoma drill

We sure have some testy posters here on this glorious Easter morning. Tequila Sunrise?

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I hope no one dislocates their shoulder while patting themselves on the back.

By this time last year, we've already had four commitments:

JoJo Garcia commits to the Gophers on November 14, 2014 (Not signed).
Carter Coughlin March 12, 2015.
Thomas Barber March 13, 2015.
Phillip Howard March 31, 2015.
Sam Schlueter April 11, 2015.
Sean Foster April 12, 2015 (Decommitted, signed w/ISU).
Connor Olson May 5, 2015.
Matt Kegel May 7, 2015 (Decommitted, signed w/OSU).
Tralund Webber July 21, 2015 (Decommitted, signed w/OSU).
Kamal Martin July 27, 2015.
Drew Hmielewski August 11, 2015.
Vincent Calhoun September 13, 2015.
Tyler Johnson October 10, 2015.
Kiondre Thomas November 12, 2015.
Merrick Jackson December 9, 2015.
Coney Durr December 12, 2015.
Taiyon Devers December 12, 2015.
Garrison Wright December 13, 2015.
Seth Green December 13, 2015.
Antoine Winfield December 13, 2015.
Ko Kieft December 16, 2015.
Kobe McCrary January 25, 2016.
TaMarion Johnson February 3, 2016.
DeMarcus WIlliams February 3, 2016.

Should we begin to worry about Tracey Claey's ability to secure early commitments?

It will be nice to have an early anchor commitment like Blais Andries and Grant Reyerse.

I am a bit worried because I don't see any visible signs of aggressive recruiting early not to say that it is happening in the background.

We have the fewest offers out in the conference and having an interim AD isn't helping.

By this time last year, we've already had four commitments:

JoJo Garcia commits to the Gophers on November 14, 2014 (Not signed).
Carter Coughlin March 12, 2015.
Thomas Barber March 13, 2015.
Phillip Howard March 31, 2015.
Sam Schlueter April 11, 2015.
Sean Foster April 12, 2015 (Decommitted, signed w/ISU).
Connor Olson May 5, 2015.
Matt Kegel May 7, 2015 (Decommitted, signed w/OSU).
Tralund Webber July 21, 2015 (Decommitted, signed w/OSU).
Kamal Martin July 27, 2015.
Drew Hmielewski August 11, 2015.
Vincent Calhoun September 13, 2015.
Tyler Johnson October 10, 2015.
Kiondre Thomas November 12, 2015.
Merrick Jackson December 9, 2015.
Coney Durr December 12, 2015.
Taiyon Devers December 12, 2015.
Garrison Wright December 13, 2015.
Seth Green December 13, 2015.
Antoine Winfield December 13, 2015.
Ko Kieft December 16, 2015.
Kobe McCrary January 25, 2016.
TaMarion Johnson February 3, 2016.
DeMarcus WIlliams February 3, 2016.

Should we begin to worry about Tracey Claey's ability to secure early commitments?

It will be nice to have an early anchor commitment like Blais Andries and Grant Reyerse.

I am a bit worried because I don't see any visible signs of aggressive recruiting early not to say that it is happening in the background.

No I think we will have a couple commits next week and anyways if recruits commit late they have less Time to change their minds

We have the fewest offers out in the conference and having an interim AD isn't helping.

Seriously? Maybe having coaching turnover would be a more likely reason. New head coach, new OC and new OL coach plus the uncertainty of the whole staff for the final few games last year. Need to build new relationships, show we have a plan, that we want those kids and then get them on campus for camps and visits.

So that we are a little behind last year is to be expected...and having an Interim AD is of little concern.

From their past jobs neither kill nor Claeys had very significant contacts that help recruit BIG style recruits.
Kill did an adequate job recruiting considering the circumstances but his conference record was mediocre at best.
Now Clays is the face of the program and has to start from almost scratch.
How well the younger ass't coaches recruit may well tell the tale of the future of Gopher football.

Really? So the AD is a major factor in recruiting? Gee, I never knew.

We are the only team in the B1G without a 2017 commitment!

Top Bottom