Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Heard a rumor from someone I trust that the current coaching staff has attended zero MN high school football games this year.

Do we believe that? Does it matter?

Heard a rumor from someone I trust that the current coaching staff has attended zero MN high school football games this year.

I don't think it matters. Except for the bye week, they have been getting ready for games or on the road. Doesn't appear to be affecting instate recruiting either.

Not sure if it matters when this staff has made it clear that camps are the #1 way they like to evaluate. If you're a junior or sophomore wanting to play for the Gophers, you best contact them and attend one of their camps. With Hudl coaches can get film of every game.

What??? You mean Tracy isn't flying around in a helicopter to local games Friday night? Shocked that he hasn't followed Brewster's example, because that worked so well.....Not

What??? You mean Tracy isn't flying around in a helicopter to local games Friday night? Shocked that he hasn't followed Brewster's example, because that worked so well.....Not

Why fly around when you can just give recruits their own private party at TCF under the lights.

I saw Tracy Claeys on the sidelines at a Hopkins game watching Mafe. Maybe didn't stay long, but he was there. And as others have said, there weren't many guys the staff needed to see in action.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I see Tyrone Carter nephew was on a unofficial. Are we recruiting him? 4 star kid?

That is wrong. Claeys, O'Brien, and Sherels have been at a number of games. Know for sure the Eden Prairie vs. Hopkins game, a Woodbury game, and a East Ridge game.

I think the only reason you show up at a game is for the PR, make the local coaches feel good and etc.

And really how would someone know if they attended zero games? Were they checking them all...?

Maybe we can pick up some scraps?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't know if we have a 2019 thread but sophomore Edina OT, Quinn Carroll, son of former gopher and Viking TE Jay Carroll, was offered by Iowa State a few days ago. He has or will visit MSU, Iowa and Wisconsin this week.

Commit Gaynor

Dreams do come true!! Beyond blessed to EARNED an offer from the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI[emoji1316] #squad17 @Corey_Bender @SleeperAthletes

It's that time of year when we find out if Claeys and staff can hold on to recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commit Gaynor

Dreams do come true!! Beyond blessed to EARNED an offer from the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI[emoji1316] #squad17 @Corey_Bender @SleeperAthletes

It's that time of year when we find out if Claeys and staff can hold on to recruits.

He gone....

Commit Gaynor

He gone....

Go Gophers!!

Read on 247 last night he was taking his visit and "They really like me and my physical play" quote came out. Then he said something to the effect of "They are close to offering me but need me to come down".

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Someone ask Doogie, if there is any chance we could have a shot at Grad transfer Malik Zaire from Notre Dame? Not on Twitter or I would ask him myself.

Top Bottom