Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Was anyone aware that Dominique Barber is a recruiting assistant for the team? I don't recall an announcement of this. I just stumbled across it on Twitter. It's listed in his bio.

https://mobile.twitter.com/34dombarber?lang=en

It's also noted on his Wikipedia page.....

Coord. of Alumni Outreach Relations/NFL Liaison/Recruiting Assistant

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Barber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he's been in that role for probably over 2 years now

Is there room for two more recruits with Tyrone Chambers signing with Toledo and Eric Abojei possibly going to JC?

Thayer Munford? Are they going to look at all the recruiting boards to see if any good players fall off someone's signing classes?

There's room for three more. Currently signed 22 plus the 3 early enrollees

Sounds like Howard Griffith on BTN will have a story on the Gophers n about 10 minutes at 11:30 central time. I have no details but that's what I was told.

Sounds like Howard Griffith on BTN will have a story on the Gophers n about 10 minutes at 11:30 central time. I have no details but that's what I was told.

Up next.

Is there room for two more recruits with Tyrone Chambers signing with Toledo and Eric Abojei possibly going to JC?

Thayer Munford? Are they going to look at all the recruiting boards to see if any good players fall off someone's signing classes?

The Munford dream is dead.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Goblirsch also mentioned that it was a Top 50 247 player the year he came out, and Malik Zaire was not ranked that highly so I'm guessing that it is someone else.
I would wager on Mykelti Williams. He will be making a choice shortly. I just don't know if Flexk would take another S although beck can play CB

They are talking about Breiden Fehoko former Texas Tech DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking around, Fickell quietly put together a very nice class at Cinci, including a couple of 4-stars. Arguably the best G5 class this year. Could be a sleeper pick for G5 surprise team this year.

Any links to a list of graduate transfers or just transfers in general this offseason? I googled around but couldn't find one outside of just listing QB's.

Was there a walk on from EP in the last few days? Saw something on twitter with a handle not a name. Anyone have any info? Thanks

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Was there a walk on from EP in the last few days? Saw something on twitter with a handle not a name. Anyone have any info? Thanks

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Quinn Coughlin ‏@CoughlinQuinn Feb 1

I'm extremely blessed to announce my commitment to further my education and football career at the University of Minnesota

I think we're at the 85 limit, does that mean none of the current walk-ons (e.g., Cashman) will receive a scholarship unless someone transfers?

per the Post Bulletin:

PHERSY: Hey Feldy, Wednesday was national signing day for high school football players across the country, and your new favorite college coach landed a phenomenal haul. Yes, P.J. Fleck did what many said was impossible, nailing down an "elite" recruiting class despite jumping into the mix late. Generally when coaches are fired, there are a few down years for recruiting. But not for the Gophers, at least not this time. Fleck's recruiting class has been ranked in the 30s nationally; now, if he can coach even half as well as he talks, the entire program has a chance to be "elite" ... quickly.

FELDY: Everyone on the outside of the Gophers' program has gnashed their teeth and tried to figure out if they should buy into Fleck's over-the-top rah-rah personality. What we often forget is that it only matters if his players buy into it. And, obviously, players have. Fleck kept Marshall offensive tackle Blaise Andries in-state and won recruiting battles for some other standout athletes with offers from big-time FBS programs, including QB Tanner Morgan, a 6-foot-6, 210-pounder from Indianapolis. What do you know about Morgan, Phersy? Can he be the QB the Gophers have been searching for?

PHERSY: From everything I'm reading and the tape I've watched, he's the type of kid who could play from Day 1. He can make all the throws and seems to go through progressions better than most high school QBs and many college QBs. It's always a massive leap from high school to big-time college ball, but this kid appears to have all the tools. The Gophers currently have six quarterbacks on scholarship. I don't expect all to stick around, but Morgan could have as much upside as any signal-caller on the roster.

FELDY: It looks like Fleck was able to land a few guys to protect Morgan, too. That group of O-linemen starts with Andries, a 6-5, 300-pound people-mover who we've been hearing about since he entered high school at Marshall. He had offers from Oklahoma, Oregon and Florida, among others, and stuck with the home-state team. Line isn't the flashiest position, but the Gophers added three massive individuals up front, which is a great way for Fleck to build his offense. ... Phersy, we had nearly two dozen players commit to play for various colleges. That speaks volumes about southeastern Minnesota football.

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_7591a5dd-3eb2-50b1-8edc-05b66b81a7d9.html

Go Gophers!!

per the Post Bulletin:

PHERSY: Hey Feldy, Wednesday was national signing day for high school football players across the country, and your new favorite college coach landed a phenomenal haul. Yes, P.J. Fleck did what many said was impossible, nailing down an "elite" recruiting class despite jumping into the mix late. Generally when coaches are fired, there are a few down years for recruiting. But not for the Gophers, at least not this time. Fleck's recruiting class has been ranked in the 30s nationally; now, if he can coach even half as well as he talks, the entire program has a chance to be "elite" ... quickly.

FELDY: Everyone on the outside of the Gophers' program has gnashed their teeth and tried to figure out if they should buy into Fleck's over-the-top rah-rah personality. What we often forget is that it only matters if his players buy into it. And, obviously, players have. Fleck kept Marshall offensive tackle Blaise Andries in-state and won recruiting battles for some other standout athletes with offers from big-time FBS programs, including QB Tanner Morgan, a 6-foot-6, 210-pounder from Indianapolis. What do you know about Morgan, Phersy? Can he be the QB the Gophers have been searching for?

PHERSY: From everything I'm reading and the tape I've watched, he's the type of kid who could play from Day 1. He can make all the throws and seems to go through progressions better than most high school QBs and many college QBs. It's always a massive leap from high school to big-time college ball, but this kid appears to have all the tools. The Gophers currently have six quarterbacks on scholarship. I don't expect all to stick around, but Morgan could have as much upside as any signal-caller on the roster.

FELDY: It looks like Fleck was able to land a few guys to protect Morgan, too. That group of O-linemen starts with Andries, a 6-5, 300-pound people-mover who we've been hearing about since he entered high school at Marshall. He had offers from Oklahoma, Oregon and Florida, among others, and stuck with the home-state team. Line isn't the flashiest position, but the Gophers added three massive individuals up front, which is a great way for Fleck to build his offense. ... Phersy, we had nearly two dozen players commit to play for various colleges. That speaks volumes about southeastern Minnesota football.

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_7591a5dd-3eb2-50b1-8edc-05b66b81a7d9.html

Go Gophers!!

Quite the growth spurt for Mr. Morgan

Top Bottom