Official 2013 Gopher Fall Camp Thread: Updates, Analysis, Links, etc.

I want to see a lot of second and shorts. This is what should really give Philip Nelson the opportunity to dominate them!

Fox9: Gophers ready to raise the curtain on 2013 season

The Gophers will begin the 2013 season at home on Thursday night against UNLV. Jerry Kill enters his third year as the bench boss for the Gophers and continues the return to relevance tour.

The Gophers are still young, especially at the quarterbcak position. They boast the second youngest and most inexperienced crop of signal callers in the nation. Redshirt sophomore Dexter Foreman is the senior member of the group and sophomore Philip Nelson is the only quarterback who has played in a game.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/23256437/g

Go Gophers!!

When I read the Bold statement above I knew it would be a well research and written article so I skipped it.

Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) tweeted at 2:35 PM on Tue, Aug 27, 2013:Hamstring injury expected to keep CB Derrick Wells out Thurs., per source. Tiny chance of miracle. He was good too w/ the shoulder. #gophers

What's the consensus for how the DB rotation looks on Thursday? My guess is Murray and Boddy play CB in base D, with Vereen playing nickel CB and Antonio Johnson playing safety in the nickel.

Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) tweeted at 2:35 PM on Tue, Aug 27, 2013:Hamstring injury expected to keep CB Derrick Wells out Thurs., per source. Tiny chance of miracle. He was good too w/ the shoulder. #gophers

What's the consensus for how the DB rotation looks on Thursday? My guess is Murray and Boddy play CB in base D, with Vereen playing nickel CB and Antonio Johnson playing safety in the nickel.

Here's the depth chart: http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082713aaa.html

Looks like possibly Damarius Travis would fill in at nickel safety if Vereen comes down at the nickel back.

Please don't copy and paste the whole article. You are taking clicks away from them.

Agreed. But feel free to copy and paste the drivel from Reusse and Souhan, they don't deserve clicks. As for the writers who actually are informed, I want the Strib to know that I value those articles and will click on them.

When I read the Bold statement above I knew it would be a well research and written article so I skipped it.
?? He is the senior member. That means he's the oldest. They aren't saying he's a senior.

Is it Thursday yet. My Lord, I'm due for a fix. Where is the local Denny's! I've got the munchies for a scrambler!

?? He is the senior member. That means he's the oldest. They aren't saying he's a senior.

I think he's referring to the fact that Forman is very much NOT in the mix at QB. He wasn't on the 105 man camp roster... to include him in the article like that is a red flag.

That is not the point I was trying to make. The problem was that Dexter Foreman isn't even on the 105 man fall camp roster. Therefore to even mention him in the context of seniority at the QB position makes no sense at all. That was my point. To me it pretty evident that this writer really hadn't done his homework and wasn't therefor worth reading.

Top Bottom