Official 2013 Class Recruiting Updates Thread

The "expert" on KFAN just mentioned that Laster is getting FSU attention as of late.

They got no chance... Gophers will play @OSU near his hometown in a couple years, B1G vs ACC, Kill vs Jimbo, MPLS BLING vs Tallahassee pfffft

They got no chance... Gophers will play @OSU near his hometown in a couple years, B1G vs ACC, Kill vs Jimbo, MPLS BLING vs Tallahassee pfffft

I see what you did there, haha.

Don't worry guys Laster isn't going anywhere and he never was apparently

"Florida State has been talking with me for like three weeks or so, they loved my film and were mad they didn't see it sooner. They already had 4 linebackers committed, but one was looking around so they were going to let me know about an offer. The kid was from Florida I think and he ended up staying is what they told me a couple days ago, but I would of been the next linebacker they would have offered. I mean it would of been a cool offer to have in all, and I would have done the thing with the hats on Signing Day between Minnesota and Florida State, but I would have always picked Minnesota. They've been on me for a long time and nothing really could of changed my mind, I wouldn't of visited FSU either. I can't wait to sign with the Gophers tomorrow!"

Assuming he is telling the truth, I almost wish the FSU offer would have came. Would have been cool to see a recruit pick up a Gopher hat over an FSU one.

Assuming he is telling the truth, I almost wish the FSU offer would have came. Would have been cool to see a recruit pick up a Gopher hat over an FSU one.

Yeah, but with our luck he'd get the colors confused and accidently pick the FSU hat.

Posted on GI by Ryan Burns

Just a heads up Pig Man, the GI guys get really pissy when their paid info is put on free sites. Personally, I think that's silly. They don't own information, once it is out there, it's out there.

It'd be like you telling me what Django is about after you went to see it. However, they get annoyed. So just a heads up.

Don't worry guys Laster isn't going anywhere and he never was apparently

"Florida State has been talking with me for like three weeks or so, they loved my film and were mad they didn't see it sooner. They already had 4 linebackers committed, but one was looking around so they were going to let me know about an offer. The kid was from Florida I think and he ended up staying is what they told me a couple days ago, but I would of been the next linebacker they would have offered. I mean it would of been a cool offer to have in all, and I would have done the thing with the hats on Signing Day between Minnesota and Florida State, but I would have always picked Minnesota. They've been on me for a long time and nothing really could of changed my mind, I wouldn't of visited FSU either. I can't wait to sign with the Gophers tomorrow!"

Ugh....I really hope it isn't Laster. I hope that kid gets up at 6am and mails his signed letter immediately. He has always been my favorite player in this class, he looks exceptional (IMO). I would not be shocked if he got significant PT / borderline starter NEXT season.

Just a heads up Pig Man, the GI guys get really pissy when their paid info is put on free sites. Personally, I think that's silly. They don't own information, once it is out there, it's out there.

It'd be like you telling me what Django is about after you went to see it. However, they get annoyed. So just a heads up.

Yeah I know but to be honest I really couldn't care less. Like you said, the information is free so they don't really have a leg to stand on. Maybe I will stop posting direct quotes and just relay the information but I'm sure some people would be skeptical of it if I did that so IDK. All that being said, good looking out Bob. (BTW love the screen name, never got it until I watched Arrested a few months ago. Such a good show, glad it's coming back.

Ugh....I really hope it isn't Laster. I hope that kid gets up at 6am and mails his signed letter immediately. He has always been my favorite player in this class, he looks exceptional (IMO). I would not be shocked if he got significant PT / borderline starter NEXT season.

What from the quote scares you? Seems pretty cut and dry that he will be signing with us tomorrow to me. Not trying to be a dick or anything, just a little confused as to what worries you.

@jAutooo: Im signing at the Eckburg lobby 2:00pm tomorrow everyone come out if you can. Go #Gophers !

Go Gophers!!

Maybe I will stop posting direct quotes and just relay the information but I'm sure some people would be skeptical of it if I did that so IDK.

Nah, don't worry about it. Keep posting the info just as you have.

What from the quote scares you? Seems pretty cut and dry that he will be signing with us tomorrow to me. Not trying to be a dick or anything, just a little confused as to what worries you.

I don't know if he really would flip for a FSU offer, but there's one school that he absolutely would flip for - Ohio St. I very much doubt that offer is coming in the next 10 hours, but we would lose him for sure if it did.

Yeah I know but to be honest I really couldn't care less. Like you said, the information is free so they don't really have a leg to stand on. Maybe I will stop posting direct quotes and just relay the information but I'm sure some people would be skeptical of it if I did that so IDK. All that being said, good looking out Bob. (BTW love the screen name, never got it until I watched Arrested a few months ago. Such a good show, glad it's coming back.

Yeah, I ran into a poster on here pre-partying and it's weird to meet people in real life from the board because he kept calling me Bob.

Nothing from the quote scares me, I just wish it was as quiet as possible with him. The quote makes me feel much better, I just know things can change quick for these young guys and he's a good one. I'd rather there not be any rumors good or bad surrounding Laster.

I don't know if he really would flip for a FSU offer, but there's one school that he absolutely would flip for - Ohio St. I very much doubt that offer is coming in the next 10 hours, but we would lose him for sure if it did.

I don't know if I would put it in those definitive of terms but yeah an tOSU offer would scare the bejesus out of me for sure. I'm with you, though, that that isn't very likely.

I don't know if I would put it in those definitive of terms but yeah an tOSU offer would scare the bejesus out of me for sure. I'm with you, though, that that isn't very likely.

He spent all of last summer and fall telling anyone who would listen that he would wait as long as it took for an OSU offer, even "until National Signing Day" if that's what it took. Apparently he realized that offer wasn't coming and took his best available option. It's a pretty safe assumption that a big reason that he wants to play for the U is because he wants to stick it to OSU and show them what they missed out on.

He spent all of last summer and fall telling anyone who would listen that he would wait as long as it took for an OSU offer, even "until National Signing Day" if that's what it took. Apparently he realized that offer wasn't coming and took his best available option. It's a pretty safe assumption that a big reason that he wants to play for the U is because he wants to stick it to OSU and show them what they missed out on.

Fair enough, I wasn't really disagreeing with you but he does seem to really appreciate that we've been on him a long time. Either way it is likely a moot point.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but Florida State just flipped 5* USC CB commit Jalen Ramsey. Could this open the door for Nate Andrews to lose his spot and come back to us with his tail between his legs? I doubt it but I figure it is worth mentioning.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but Florida State just flipped 5* USC CB commit Jalen Ramsey. Could this open the door for Nate Andrews to lose his spot and come back to us with his tail between his legs? I doubt it but I figure it is worth mentioning.

I don't know if he would have to put his tail between his legs. Just like Kill has his backup plans, we are most likely Andrews backup plan if he lost his offer at FSU.

Someone's already noted apparently that FSU is projecting him at safety I guess. But still, you never know I guess.

Someone else said that no impact as they were slotting Nate as a S.

Someone else said that no impact as they were slotting Nate as a S.

Fair enough, just thought I would relay the information. Like I said I doubt there is anything to it but I thought it was worth noting.

with the way rashad vaughn and malik rucker are tweeting sounds like a home town COUP D ETAT

with the way rashad vaughn and malik rucker are tweeting sounds like a home town COUP D ETAT

Not holding my breathe, he said MN isnt even recruiting him anymore and his twitter feed is nothing but disgusting Iowa references.

Rucker has been playing up the switching back to MN angle today.... I have a feeling he's just playing with people, but I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to be a Gopher tomorrow either.

Not holding my breathe, he said MN isnt even recruiting him anymore and his twitter feed is nothing but disgusting Iowa references.

I'm not holding my breath either, but I think there is a lot thats been going on behind the scenes the last few weeks so to say with any certainty that MN isn't recruiting him may be pretty false. We have flipped three or 4 commitments in the last few days, don't be so sure they aren't working in the shadows on Rucker too....

Top Bottom