Official 2012 Gopher Fall Camp Thread: Updates, Analysis, Links, etc.

@NSandell: Rallis said there are times during tough practices & workouts that he tells himself 'I’m going to do this for Gar.’ #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

Your comment sparked a question in me. Should Minnesotans doff their caps when singing the Rouser? Have they ever (like a hundred years ago)?

Yes they should be removed. A tip of the cap is a tribute to a notable achievement, thus the meaning of the song.

Gophers Coach is sorting through options at wide receiver

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/164827546.html?refer=y

Go Gophers!!

"The Gophers' 105-man camp roster excludes a handful of scholarship players, most notably freshman Duke Anyanwu of Blaine, defensive end Quinn Bauducco, defensive end (and former Marine) Curran Delaney and sophomore offensive lineman Sean Ferguson, who played all 12 games on special teams last year."

I understand any player left off the 105 man roster cannot practice with the team until school starts. The list.

I also don't see: Dexter Foreman, Cameron Wilson, Matt Kloss, Cavonte Johnson, JoJuan Harper.

Christian Eldred, the Aussie punter is on the list, roster #94.

They can't practice until school starts or the first games, whichever comes first.

105 man camp roster

"The Gophers' 105-man camp roster excludes a handful of scholarship players, most notably freshman Duke Anyanwu of Blaine, defensive end Quinn Bauducco, defensive end (and former Marine) Curran Delaney and sophomore offensive lineman Sean Ferguson, who played all 12 games on special teams last year."

I understand any player left off the 105 man roster cannot practice with the team until school starts. The list.

I also don't see: Dexter Foreman, Cameron Wilson, Matt Kloss, Cavonte Johnson, JoJuan Harper.

Christian Eldred, the Aussie punter is on the list, roster #94.

Actually it is very possible that some of the players presently not on 105 player camp list will get the opportunity to practice during camp. That is because if a player is injured during camp he can be replaced by a player that is not on the camp list. The player that was injured and replaced by another player though can't return to camp later.

Killjoy said:
Actually it is very possible that some of the players presently not on 105 player camp list will get the opportunity to practice during camp. That is because if a player is injured during camp he can be replaced by a player that is not on the camp list. The player that was injured and replaced by another player though can't return to camp later.

I wonder if a player could go to the first half of camp, then "get injured" so another player could go to the second half if you wanted to get some work for more players?

I wonder if a player could go to the first half of camp, then "get injured" so another player could go to the second half if you wanted to get some work for more players?

This is likely unless the guys left off the roster are legitimately transferring.

No hidden messages inferred. Just that it's possible the coaches have been contacted by some of the guys left off that they intend to transfer, and that is the reason they are off the roster instead of injury/depth chart, etc. Foreman and Ferguson were certainly candidates for PT this past year at some point.

BleedGopher said:
Gophers Coach is sorting through options at wide receiver

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/164827546.html?refer=y

Go Gophers!!

Wow, the more you read about Harbison and McDonald, and knowing Kill loves Jones, and hearing how much he talks about DCT, this is an important camp for Green. If he doesn't perform well enough to convince the coaches to RS one of the true freshman, he could get buried on the depth chart. That also assumes Maye isn't at WR or is also a RS.

Camp starts today! Remember not to spoil any specifics (plays, formations, etc.), but you can say how people looked, how practice was run, and how much fun you had.

CAMP STARTS TODAY FOLKS LET'S GO. DAY ONE BABY! Been a really long off-season and I for one am so damn pumped for the season, lot of good vibes for the program let's keep the momentum going...HOO RAH SKI U MAH!

Top Bottom