OBJ handing wads of cash to LSU players on the field after the National Championship (video)

Let me guess, he feels sorry for the student athlete. Wonder if the SEC has one of those booster rules policies? I guess this means tighter sideline personnel. Not a good look for the whole deal, worse for the player and OBJ plays for the Browns.

Good for OBJ

No doubt he got a bunch of those handshakes from rich white dudes that get their rocks off to "GEAUX TIGERS!" while he was playing. Now he's doing the same mocking the outrage.

Good for him.

The hypocrisy of the NCAA is comical. Why can't OBJ get in on the comic relief?

Where, oh where are the GH holier than thou crowd?

#levelplayingfield

The NFL should be the end goal, that’s when the players get paid. The full ride to a D1 university isn’t enough anymore. A good education, no student loan debt, and a shot at making millions when you’re done isn’t enough. Gotta pay the players and make college football just as money driven as the NFL.

Good for OBJ

No doubt he got a bunch of those handshakes from rich white dudes that get their rocks off to "GEAUX TIGERS!" while he was playing. Now he's doing the same mocking the outrage.

Good for him.

The hypocrisy of the NCAA is comical. Why can't OBJ get in on the comic relief?

What exactly is the hypocrisy again?

Odell Beckham Jr.. might be just a little bit stupid...

Why? It doesn't hurt him at all. In my opinion...it's a shot at the NCAA. That doesn't mean that I agree with it. I'd prefer keeping that status quo and keeping players from profiting. It would be the downfall of collegiate athletics imo....where the "helmet" and "blue blood" teams completely wipe out everyone else.

Why? It doesn't hurt him at all. In my opinion...it's a shot at the NCAA. That doesn't mean that I agree with it. I'd prefer keeping that status quo and keeping players from profiting. It would be the downfall of collegiate athletics imo....where the "helmet" and "blue blood" teams completely wipe out everyone else.

If his only level of decision making is whether it hurts him personally, then that means he is probably stupid.

Can hurt LSU.... I don't think he cars to hurt his team.

If you’re someone who is truly outraged by “how much money the NCAA makes” and how players don’t get compensated enough, why would you waste your time being an ass and just start a professional junior league already?

This is the way I have always felt. If a small group of very talented individuals are really being screwed that badly, they should start a league or force the NFL to have it's own development system like baseball does.

The NFL should be the end goal, that’s when the players get paid. The full ride to a D1 university isn’t enough anymore. A good education, no student loan debt, and a shot at making millions when you’re done isn’t enough. Gotta pay the players and make college football just as money driven as the NFL.

You don't think college football is as money driven as the NFL?

If you’re someone who is truly outraged by “how much money the NCAA makes” and how players don’t get compensated enough, why would you waste your time being an ass and just start a professional junior league already?
Such a terrible argument.

A professional junior league will never work when all the television contracts are locked up and brand power is locked up in the NCAA and their "free labor" proposition. You'd never start a business against someone that has a 100+year head start and has an obvious advantage of cheaper labor. That's just a stupid argument.

I don't think "paying players" is an answer either because I do believe that the accounting of the money being made on sports isn't "normal" and can't just be moved from one pocket to the other and paying players their "fair wages". I also don't think the wages these players are near anything people are talking about outside the top 10-15 athletes. Joe Burrow has marketability, I cannot name 10 other players in that game last night by name, number or face. I recognize the university.

That doesn't mean jack shit, though. It's still unfair to have their names, likeness and all the other stuff propped up on the television and tons of content and marketing done around their work and then prevent them from making any money period.

Just stop the nonsense and let the players get paid for whatever they can get paid and let them go to school wherever they want to. If they play NCAA football they need to go to class and get grades. The rest shouldn't matter to the NCAA. That way the NCAA can promote them as much as they want and the players can benefit from those promotions.

Prepare thy anus for incoming sanctions, Tulane. The ncaa is en route to New Orleans to investigate the matter and somebody needs to be held accountable.
Why would Tulane get sanctioned over this?

Such a terrible argument.

A professional junior league will never work when all the television contracts are locked up and brand power is locked up in the NCAA and their "free labor" proposition. You'd never start a business against someone that has a 100+year head start and has an obvious advantage of cheaper labor. That's just a stupid argument.

I don't think "paying players" is an answer either because I do believe that the accounting of the money being made on sports isn't "normal" and can't just be moved from one pocket to the other and paying players their "fair wages". I also don't think the wages these players are near anything people are talking about outside the top 10-15 athletes. Joe Burrow has marketability, I cannot name 10 other players in that game last night by name, number or face. I recognize the university.

That doesn't mean jack shit, though. It's still unfair to have their names, likeness and all the other stuff propped up on the television and tons of content and marketing done around their work and then prevent them from making any money period.

Just stop the nonsense and let the players get paid for whatever they can get paid and let them go to school wherever they want to. If they play NCAA football they need to go to class and get grades. The rest shouldn't matter to the NCAA. That way the NCAA can promote them as much as they want and the players can benefit from those promotions.

Simply stating someone argument is terrible and then rambling on with your opinion is not a particularly strong discussion technique.

Top Bottom