Obama to speak at the U...

He's actually going to be here for a fund raiser for the Gopher football team. His speech is titled Cash for Clunkers.

Expect a press release to be leaked soon.

Can we move this thread, please? I prefer to keep my sense of respect and brotherhood for the folks here, insofar as that's possible, and from the looks of it a bunch of politics talk isn't going to help that any.

You guys do realize that Paterno is a big time Republican. This just might get into his head.

Can he coach a football team? thats the only relevant question here

Obama can't even wipe his butt right let alone coach a football team. Have you seen him bowl? All the man can do is spend money and talk. I am curious if the mall can hold 55,000 people, supposedly thats how many showed up in Madison.

I, personally, would rather see the Gophers get killed than listen to his b.s.

Well, I've been able to watch a few of his games and here is a breakdown of his main strengths & weaknesses based on what I've seen:

- Lights-out recruiter. Came from nowhere to get one of the biggest jobs there is. One of the youngest guys ever in his position.

- Pretty clueless on the field. Runs a power offense, but the aerial attack is so effective that he doesn't need to use the ground game a whole lot. Has a couple experienced 4-star guys who can throw a beautiful deep bomb, as well as a missile in traffic. Both of them are totally laser-armed. With a team like he has, there's no excuse for his record. Yeah, he's undefeated at home but he sucks on the road, especially in the mountains. The games just drag on and on and for all that time of possession, he has nothing to show for it......

- He plays in a tough conference. It's a huge program with millions of fans all over the country and I think he's just overwhelmed by all of his responsibilities. Speak here, promote this, stump for this other guy, etc. There's just too much for him to do. He's spread too thin. He needs to hire some more effective coordinators because he won't admit to himself that can't take it all on himself.

- He tries to say all the right things in public, but he can't commit to a strategy because he just doesn't know what kind of program he wants to run.

- All the other coaches hate him. He has no respect for sportsmanship. He likes to run up the score and break whatever rules he feels like, and the program is so big and prestigious that the people who are supposed to be enforcing the rules won't do anything about it.

- He and his predecessors have left his program so deep in debt that there is really no way left to victory. His hands are tied and he couldn't really do anything even if he wanted to, so, he basically just says "screw it" and goes on vacation. Whoever the next guy is, he's gonna inherit a huge mess.

- I would prefer Harbaugh.

absolutely *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing hilarious

I'm surprised it took as long as it did for this thread to devolve.

Top Bottom