Obama to speak at the U...

Just have to state that the first person that talks with a subjective viewpoint gets banned :)

boneheaded planning

I think most folks will agree regardless of their political leanings that scheduling a Presidential visit a couple blocks from a college football game is ridiculous.

Does this mean the the U will be holding a secret muslim conference?

Perhaps Brew's abysmal performance is all part of the plan to keep fans away and lighten the logistics tangle....

There might be a number of people who show up to this who aren't going to the game.
Anybody ever think where all these people will park?

Unless something (gametime) changes. Logistics Fail by the U.

Can he coach a football team? thats the only relevant question here

As long as I can walk through the mall to get to TCF from West Bank, I have no issues.

Considering some of the names that have been tossed around on this board, I'm a little surprised it took this long for him to be mentioned.

No!

From the looks of things right now, probably not. But you could expect a rise in student tuition, ticket prices and parking fees, which would then be redistributed to MAC schools. :clap:

As long as I can walk through the mall to get to TCF from West Bank, I have no issues.

From one West Bank tailgater to another, don't be surprised if you have to go the long way around via the 10th Ave Bridge and University Avenue. Secret Service likes to cast a very wide net when securing areas for events like this.

Sweet. This definitely sways my vote to "regular guy" Mark Dayton. If anyone understands the problems facing middle America, it's him.

From one West Bank tailgater to another, don't be surprised if you have to go the long way around via the 10th Ave Bridge and University Avenue. Secret Service likes to cast a very wide net when securing areas for events like this.

Are you unaware of the pedestrian bridge that runs from the West Bank to Dinkytown? That is much faster than the Wash. Ave bridge.

Sweet. This definitely sways my vote to "regular guy" Mark Dayton. If anyone understands the problems facing middle America, it's him.

:clap:

Plus, according to him, me and all my friends will be rich. I've always wanted to be rich.

As soon as he's elected, I'll be purchasing my floating castle.

not very smart on dayton's part unless he figures the TV cameras will show the people going to the FB game and pretend that they are coming to see him and the pres.. Stupid conclusion, probably will be signs both ways , interesting to see which ones make TV

It's too bad Biden won't be along for the trip. He looks like a guy who'd enjoy a good tailgate.
Biden-Receives-R_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg

Obama-Family-Jump-R_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg

Well, I've been able to watch a few of his games and here is a breakdown of his main strengths & weaknesses based on what I've seen:

- Lights-out recruiter. Came from nowhere to get one of the biggest jobs there is. One of the youngest guys ever in his position.

- Pretty clueless on the field. Runs a power offense, but the aerial attack is so effective that he doesn't need to use the ground game a whole lot. Has a couple experienced 4-star guys who can throw a beautiful deep bomb, as well as a missile in traffic. Both of them are totally laser-armed. With a team like he has, there's no excuse for his record. Yeah, he's undefeated at home but he sucks on the road, especially in the mountains. The games just drag on and on and for all that time of possession, he has nothing to show for it......

- He plays in a tough conference. It's a huge program with millions of fans all over the country and I think he's just overwhelmed by all of his responsibilities. Speak here, promote this, stump for this other guy, etc. There's just too much for him to do. He's spread too thin. He needs to hire some more effective coordinators because he won't admit to himself that can't take it all on himself.

- He tries to say all the right things in public, but he can't commit to a strategy because he just doesn't know what kind of program he wants to run.

- The fan base is getting restless and his team is showing signs of weakness. If he gets lazy, he might just wind up like a few of his predecessors have, losing to some aggressive young team that runs the pistol and knows how to breach his defense.

- All the other coaches hate him. He has no respect for sportsmanship. He likes to run up the score and break whatever rules he feels like, and the program is so big and prestigious that the people who are supposed to be enforcing the rules won't do anything about it.

- He and his predecessors have left his program so deep in debt that there is really no way left to victory. His hands are tied and he couldn't really do anything even if he wanted to, so, he basically just says "screw it" and goes on vacation. Whoever the next guy is, he's gonna inherit a huge mess.

- I would prefer Harbaugh.

Well, I've been able to watch a few of his games and here is a breakdown of his main strengths & weaknesses based on what I've seen:

- Lights-out recruiter. Came from nowhere to get one of the biggest jobs there is. One of the youngest guys ever in his position.

- Pretty clueless on the field. Runs a power offense, but the aerial attack is so effective that he doesn't need to use the ground game a whole lot. Has a couple experienced 4-star guys who can throw a beautiful deep bomb, as well as a missile in traffic. Both of them are totally laser-armed. With a team like he has, there's no excuse for his record. Yeah, he's undefeated at home but he sucks on the road, especially in the mountains. The games just drag on and on and for all that time of possession, he has nothing to show for it......

- He plays in a tough conference. It's a huge program with millions of fans all over the country and I think he's just overwhelmed by all of his responsibilities. Speak here, promote this, stump for this other guy, etc. There's just too much for him to do. He's spread too thin. He needs to hire some more effective coordinators because he won't admit to himself that can't take it all on himself.

- He tries to say all the right things in public, but he can't commit to a strategy because he just doesn't know what kind of program he wants to run.

- All the other coaches hate him. He has no respect for sportsmanship. He likes to run up the score and break whatever rules he feels like, and the program is so big and prestigious that the people who are supposed to be enforcing the rules won't do anything about it.

- He and his predecessors have left his program so deep in debt that there is really no way left to victory. His hands are tied and he couldn't really do anything even if he wanted to, so, he basically just says "screw it" and goes on vacation. Whoever the next guy is, he's gonna inherit a huge mess.

I'm shocked he didn't show up at Midnight Madness to break down Al Nolen with his killer crossover.

Hahah!

Top Bottom