Notre Dame and North Carolina COVID Outbreaks - When Does ACC Cancel Season

It's a fox story and you believe it?
....... you do realize that Fox News cable TV channel has lnothing to do with local broadcast stations that are affiliated with Fox national branded content, right?

....... you do realize that Fox News cable TV channel has lnothing to do with local broadcast stations that are affiliated with Fox national branded content, right?
Yes and no. Many of the bigger market stations are owned by Fox corporate (Minneapolis is). It's still different people making decisions but "corporate pressure" could be the same. Worse yet, are local stations are owned by Sinclaire which is worse in some ways.

Thanks for your comments. I said unlikely to be developed and I hold to that position. I hope we do develop a highly effective vaccine, and yes the world scientific community is working diligently to create one. Unfortunately, I don't expect a miracle type of "cure" anytime soon. I believe that is a realistic view.
Like fmlizard said, they have not put the same resources on a vaccine for the other strains. I am certain there will be a vaccine that will give temporary immunity to the virus (hopefully in the 70+% effectiveness). The problem is that the same idiots that are fighting the simple containment principles (masks, large groups, six feet apart, etc) will refuse to get the vaccine. Stupidity will be the reason if we can’t contain the virus. It is like having 30% of the drivers ignore traffic lights and lane markers. That is enough to make it so no one would be safe driving. we could have had a good part of this behind us if we all would have followed the containment principles for the last several months. It has been proven in just above every other country outside of the US.

Yes and no. Many of the bigger market stations are owned by Fox corporate (Minneapolis is). It's still different people making decisions but "corporate pressure" could be the same. Worse yet, are local stations are owned by Sinclaire which is worse in some ways.

Other than Tom Lyden, even though he is probably a big liberal, but a real journalist at heart, asking some tough questions of DFL politicians once in a while, FOX is doing a pretty terrible job of enforcing neutral reporting on Fox 9. Fox 9 is about as liberal as it gets after WCCO.

The political reporter on WCCO, Pat Kessler is total liberal pretending to be an objective reporter. He talked endlessly on KFAN with Dan B about Trump and Russian collusion, for two or three years straight, every time he was on the show. Lots of snark and liberal smarminess.

When the Mueller Report fell apart, and the truth started to come out, crickets... nothing. Nothing on FISA abuse, nothing on plea bargains, Sally Yates, ect..... total Democrat fraud pretending to be an objective reporter. Emails released, corruption exposed, yet no comment from Pat Kessler, #1 liberal ass kisser.

Thanks, that is a good point. It definitely depends who owns the local station, of course, in as far as how the news agenda is set.

Other than Tom Lyden, even though he is probably a big liberal, but a real journalist at heart, asking some tough questions of DFL politicians once in a while, FOX is doing a pretty terrible job of enforcing neutral reporting on Fox 9. Fox 9 is about as liberal as it gets after WCCO.

The political reporter on WCCO, Pat Kessler is total liberal pretending to be an objective reporter. He talked endlessly on KFAN with Dan B about Trump and Russian collusion, for two or three years straight, every time he was on the show. Lots of snark and liberal smarminess.

When the Mueller Report fell apart, and the truth started to come out, crickets... nothing. Nothing on FISA abuse, nothing on plea bargains, Sally Yates, ect..... total Democrat fraud pretending to be an objective reporter. Emails released, corruption exposed, yet no comment from Pat Kessler, #1 liberal ass kisser.
Well I'm sure KARE11 got big points from you for firing their gay weatherman.

Again, alcohol poisoned students don’t infect older more susceptible people with alcohol poisoning.

There are hardly any healthy susceptible people under 70. And the psychological and physiological damage to the young that you are imposing to "help" sick old folks that are capable of helping themselves is off the charts.

There are hardly any healthy susceptible people under 70. And the psychological and physiological damage to the young that you are imposing to "help" sick old folks that are capable of helping themselves is off the charts.
If you’re over 70, rodents says you should just kill yourself. Your remaining life doesn’t matter! You heard it here folks! :rolleyes:

Seriously? If you do not realize that Trump is a clown, you are not a conservative, you are an idiot. Enough politics, back to the topic.

If you’re over 70, rodents says you should just kill yourself. Your remaining life doesn’t matter! You heard it here folks! :rolleyes:

No, I'm telling you are in jeopardy from a virus. @MplsGopher would crush the economy and young people in a vain attempt to help you. "Crushing the curve" gives you what Spain and Hawaii are experiencing, a broken economy with bankruptcy, job loss, depression, suicide, neglect of children, riots and a delay of the inevitable wave of death.

MplsGopher, get help for you ideological possession.

1598183107151.png
1598183161392.png

Thank goodness morons like you, who make crap up, lost the war of ideas on this virus.

You lost, we won. Vaccines here shortly, then the nightmare is over.

Thank goodness morons like you, who make crap up, lost the war of ideas on this virus.

Haha, you won the most "ignored" on GH by a 2 to 1 margin while I live rent free in your head. Dude, no one likes you.

Coward liar can't prove it :) That's how you know he's lying.

What kind of a coward pussy continues to claim a lie and then makes no attempt to prove it? I guess we know one on GH, LesBolstad :)

Analysis??? What in that post qualified as analysis?

It was a political war, not a war of ideas. The right medicine was ignored by a bunch of numbers averse, short term thinking, maternalistic grifters, who caused ten times as much damage as the virus itself. Wildly extreme projections of death, continuously extended lockdowns, treating young people like toxic infectants, and deflecting the real responsiblity for taking care of at risk people.

Your cult preferred maximizing deaths, so that a few people could maintain “freedom” to eat and drink indoors without a mask on. Just deplorable

It was a political war, not a war of ideas. The right medicine was ignored by a bunch of numbers averse, short term thinking, maternalistic grifters, who caused ten times as much damage as the virus itself. Wildly extreme projections of death, continuously extended lockdowns, treating young people like toxic infectants, and deflecting the real responsiblity for taking care of at risk people.

"The right medicine". I don't even need to ask.

Correct. Play the games. Reduced number of people in the stands. Kids should be present in school. Open businesses. At-risk should take precautions.

So if I am hearing people right. The answer to the question of when does the ACC cancel the season is; When those who ignore there is a virus finally figure out there is one or never because those who know the virus is dangerous will figure out damaging the economy is worse.

How did we create a society where their is always two view points and there is no way to convince the other one is wrong. That's right, when two political parties realizes they could raise billions of dollars ever four year if they got people angry and fighting at each other.

Change the game people. Be Elite.

Georgia Tech outbreak, I think 251 students? Don’t think they’ve moved to online only, yet.

Also saw on the news where youth sports in a Connecticut city had to be cancelled because of outbreaks in the kids.

I see GTech now has more cases than UNC had when they closed the campus. This is just a few days into the term.

The virus doesn't care what you believe or what you think you want to happen. It will infect you if you come in contact with a carrier.

Devastation and catastrophe. Thousands of young college students test positive for a virus they never would have known they had if they hadn't been tested. What in the world are we going to do???

Devastation and catastrophe. Thousands of young college students test positive for a virus they never would have known they had if they hadn't been tested. What in the world are we going to do???

This college student knew she was infected:

70% of the ICU hospitalizations and overall hospitalizations in Minnesota are from people under 70 years old. Yes, only 20% of deaths are from people under 70 but younger people are getting very sick.

Seriously? If you do not realize that Trump is a clown, you are not a conservative, you are an idiot. Enough politics, back to the topic.
Trump has approval rating of around 90 percent in the party, so I guess there are a lot of idiots like me. I did not start the politics topic in this thread, the leftist who mentioned Sinclair Broadcasting did.

Top Bottom