Nothing Short of Greatness

Awesome, 4thstreet. Thanks for sharing.

I know they are just conceptual images but how could you look at some of those pictures and not be completely drooling? What hometown stud would want to turn that down? Huge, huge improvement over what we currently have.

Impressive looking facilities. Would be huge for all programs.

Donation made. Pony up boys.

Pretty impressive. Hopefully this gets bankrolled and built quick. This is the logical next step: a big time follow-up to the investment in the football stadium.

Pretty impressive. Hopefully this gets bankrolled and built quick. This is the logical next step: a big time follow-up to the investment in the football stadium.

Major renovations to the barn will be a much bigger priority than anything to do with TCF once we get the new facilities built. The only thing that isn’t top notch about TCF is capacity and we still have a long way to go at consistently filling 50,000 seats before we can expand to 70,000 or so. There really isn’t anything else that we would need to renovate for a long, long time.

Donation made.

I'll meet you guys in the High Five Room.

k9v2qg.jpg

I will say, the Gophs have stepped it up the past few years on media campaigns. I continue to be impressed with Norwood and the fresh air he brought to the athletic department. It's only going to get better as the money pours in and the shovels hit the dirt.

Donation made.

They had me at this....

fdc1.jpg

Going through all these images, how could you not be enticed to sign here?
I mean, does this put us up there with Nebraska's new facilities...Or is that
just something that'll never been in our budget?..

For those of you that work at companies that gift match, you can double your donation!

I see that our academic center is 11,700 sq. feet, what is the new proposed center going to get us to?

I know they are just conceptual images but how could you look at some of those pictures and not be completely drooling? What hometown stud would want to turn that down? Huge, huge improvement over what we currently have.

+1. Looks awesome. Can't wait for this to finally become reality. OUR university and OUR Golden Gophers should stop at nothing short of trying for greatness when it comes to academics and athletics combined. Hopefully we can all do our little, or big, part to make it happen. Cheers!

P.S. Well, the only type I could think of is one who's ridiculously pathetic, self-serving father fancies himself another Snoop Dogg in the making and a future mega-record producer as well. Or was it a big time movie producer that he fancied himself? How's that going for you Mr. Henderson? Chump. smh ;)

What would they upgrade at the stadium? It's brand new.

I took his comment to mean that this is the next logical step now that the stadium is built. Not that we need an investment in the stadium.

Donation made.

They had me at this....

View attachment 2917

Going through all these images, how could you not be enticed to sign here?
I mean, does this put us up there with Nebraska's new facilities...Or is that
just something that'll never been in our budget?..

Judging from the very few pictures of Nebraska's facilities, these look nicer. A lot nicer.

Really, the only facility that I have seen that is light years ahead of this design is Oregon's football complex. Hardly any school can compete with the Nike budget, so I guess that is to be expected.

I think the U's plan looks amazing. Not quite the original concept, but plenty feasible, that's for sure.

What hometown stud would want to turn that down?
Lots of reasons kids want to go elsewhere, and the facilities upgrades won't be the difference for some of the elite talent. Minnesota will always be at a recruiting disadvantage.

I took his comment to mean that this is the next logical step now that the stadium is built. Not that we need an investment in the stadium.

Maybe I misread, I thought he meant once this is done we can get to work on the stadium. Next up is probably The Barn or Mariucci.

I like all the windows. Everything will be so bright even on our most overcast of days

same here. although i would be thrilled if one day we do in fact need to expand it to the full 80,000 people it is capable of handling/expanding to. hopefully getting our academic/athletic support facilities and infrastructure fully in place, and in some cases exceeding a number of peer B1G institutions, is the first tangible step to that becoming a reality some years down the line. as our program continues to hopefully build and build and become more consistently successful year in and out. and part of being able to do that year in and out (and attract better & better recruits) is what this whole facilities and athlete support infrastructure push/fundraising is all about.

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

I wonder if this will lead to a new seat bidding at TCF...I sure hope not

I wonder if this will lead to a new seat bidding at TCF...I sure hope not

I hear you, but we can't always have our cake and eat it too. If someone wants to donate a lot of money to a university I would wholeheartedly agree that said university should return a favor in kind to said donation. Such as better seating placement(s). At least I think that is what you were getting at? Or did I misinterpret what you were concerned about?

I hear you, but we can't always have our cake and eat it too. If someone wants to donate a lot of money to a university I would wholeheartedly agree that said university should return a favor in kind to said donation. Such as better seating placement(s). At least I think that is what you were getting at? Or did I misinterpret what you were concerned about?

I more than understand if they end up doing it, I'm just hoping not as we love our seats and will donate but who knows if we would even have the chance to keep em

I more than understand if they end up doing it, I'm just hoping not as we love our seats and will donate but who knows if we would even have the chance to keep em

The only way I would think a person would lose their seats is if they did a complete re-seating of TCF, similar to what was done at The Barn or Marriucci. And, honestly, I really do not see that happening.

Otherwise, you typically do not lose your seats unless you give them up. I may be misunderstading your post though.

Maybe Zigi can teach us how to get these things built for free.

I was going to donate. But after reading this, what's the point.:rolleyes:

That's not what I said. It will help retain some of the mid level players, but the elite players will still leave for Michigan/OSU/Notre Dame/SEC regardless of the facilities.

The only way I would think a person would lose their seats is if they did a complete re-seating of TCF, similar to what was done at The Barn or Marriucci. And, honestly, I really do not see that happening.

Otherwise, you typically do not lose your seats unless you give them up. I may be misunderstading your post though.

I don't see that happening until an expansion (hopefully never). The Barn and Mariucci were re-seated so the AD could institute the "donation" seating system to squeeze more money out of the season ticket holders, since TCF already has this model there isn't a reason to reseat.

Top Bottom