Note to Brewster - these penalties are embarrassing to watch

Stoudamire should not have been flagged there. If you think he should, then there should be about 20 more unsportsmanlike penalties per game after sacks, touchdowns, and other big plays. In my mind all he was doing was trying to get the crowd even more into it. What if he would have done the same thing, but instead of putting his arms in the air, he looked at the crowd and starting clapping? What about when Decker caught a TD against Wisconsin and did the "axe chop"? If that ref really didn't like what he did, he shouldn't have gone up to him right away and told him not to do that. If he does it again, then throw the flag. You see refs step in all the time during celebrations. Either way, I did see Brewster talk to Troy after that play.

I don't think anyone can get too made at Lawrence for that call. Even if it was the correct call, things like that will happen when you're being aggressive. I'd rather have those kind of penalties once in awhile if it means we're aggressive. I believe Wills had 3 penalties called against him. One false start should not have been called. He also got the horse collar penalty but you can't really get too upset about that. Can't expect a 350 pound offensive lineman to make textbook tackles.

Top Bottom