Not much news, but somewhat intriguing

Okay, if this is putting you in an awkward situation, just think about Trestman (now you can feel more comfortable about going up to the chalkboard to answer the math question).

MassiveErection.jpg

Um, I'm sorry, it's the - it's the pleats. It's uh, it's actually an optical illusion. It's the pattern on the pants. It's not flattering in the crotchal region. I'm actually taking them back right now. Taking them back to...the pants store. Oh, this is awkward.

Comparing Brewster and Sumlin at this point is totally unfair.

The two are completely different

I think it is more of a comparison of the assistants they are/were able to hire than a direct comparison of the head coach. Is Sumlin able to bring better assistants or not?

Doogie are you sure about Sumlin?

I don't know your sources are likely better(I know a guy who know's some coaches an assitant AD or two) I still think you sources are better than mine but my understanding is the U was hot to trott with Sumlin through the search committee but now that Sumlin has interst from Colorado he does not sound like he want's to dance with the U anymore. Sound's like a strong "little to no intererst" signal from Sumlin camp through his agent was sent. Sounds like Sumlin is out on his own accord. These same sources claim that the U and the search committe have gone back to someone that previously said "no interest" a sitting head coach and they are now interested through there agent, the agent contacted the search firm to be back in play. Not supposed to talk about this name but it has been mentioned before.
My understanding is Belloti has said no to the U.

What's the stuff about Leach, is this fluff that the U is now intersted in Leach, I don't believe it but some M men are putting that out there that he is in play. I don't believe Leach "interest" because of the sitting head coach stuff.
Sounds like Leavitt former USF coach has been campaining hard to be considered through his agent but the interest from the U is not mutual. Trestman has a lot of backer amongst M men even a few with pull, but I don't think he is in play due to the selling "tickets" factor. Tuberville is not the guy that will get the job.

There is a of talk or scuttle that the "U" has there man in place and an agreement and the "real" people that know do not want to say because said coach is "sitting head coach." and leaks could jeopodize this chance.

These same sources claim that the U and the search committe have gone back to someone that previously said "no interest" a sitting head coach and they are now interested through there agent, the agent contacted the search firm to be back in play. Not supposed to talk about this name but it has been mentioned before.

Oh, for Chryst's sake, just say the name. PM me if you're all hung up about mentioning it on a public forum.

If it is a sitting coach and the decision is made I would bet on either Golden or Hoke.

If it is a sitting coach and the decision is made I would bet on either Golden or Hoke.

This. And to me, Golden makes the most sense. I believe there were reports that he wasn't interested at first, and that he was holding out hope for PSU. That said, maybe he or his agent have talked to some people "in the know" since then and found out that he wouldn't be the leading candidate at PSU should the job become available. Perhaps that would lead to his agent contacting the search firm to get back in the mix at UM.

*BTW, isn't it fun to check this board 100x/day for information when absolutely NONE is being leaked? Seriously, this search committee has kept information locked up tighter than ______________ (insert line here).

There is a of talk or scuttle that the "U" has there man in place and an agreement and the "real" people that know do not want to say because said coach is "sitting head coach." and leaks could jeopodize this chance.

Can you convert his name into some numerical code so we can spend the next few weeks trying to decipher it?

+1. If it's not either of these guys, it would have to be someone way outside of the box.

At this point I really dont want to see Sumlin here. He has 0 care about his defense.

At this point I really dont want to see Sumlin here. He has 0 care about his defense.

Not much to say about this, but I did have to let you know that you have the greatest avatar currently going on Gopherhole. Soda Popinski! I love that in the arcade version his name was "Vodka Drunkenski." Why would they mess with perfection?

I don't know your sources are likely better(I know a guy who know's some coaches an assitant AD or two) I still think you sources are better than mine but my understanding is the U was hot to trott with Sumlin through the search committee but now that Sumlin has interst from Colorado he does not sound like he want's to dance with the U anymore. Sound's like a strong "little to no intererst" signal from Sumlin camp through his agent was sent. Sounds like Sumlin is out on his own accord. These same sources claim that the U and the search committe have gone back to someone that previously said "no interest" a sitting head coach and they are now interested through there agent, the agent contacted the search firm to be back in play. Not supposed to talk about this name but it has been mentioned before.
My understanding is Belloti has said no to the U.

What's the stuff about Leach, is this fluff that the U is now intersted in Leach, I don't believe it but some M men are putting that out there that he is in play. I don't believe Leach "interest" because of the sitting head coach stuff.
Sounds like Leavitt former USF coach has been campaining hard to be considered through his agent but the interest from the U is not mutual. Trestman has a lot of backer amongst M men even a few with pull, but I don't think he is in play due to the selling "tickets" factor. Tuberville is not the guy that will get the job.

Based on nothing but this post, I think it smells of Richt :cool02:. But I might be accused of wishful thinking.

Not much to say about this, but I did have to let you know that you have the greatest avatar currently going on Gopherhole. Soda Popinski! I love that in the arcade version his name was "Vodka Drunkenski." Why would they mess with perfection?

Those little kids who would think drinking Vodka can make you big and strong.:D

Golden would be a good hire. Sumlin would be terrible. I'll be extremely upset if Sumlin is the guy. He can't win in a bad league now and plays bad defense.

Golden would be a good hire. Sumlin would be terrible. I'll be extremely upset if Sumlin is the guy. He can't win in a bad league now and plays bad defense.

To his defense, he is missing his pre-season Heisman favorite in Case Keenum.

Then his backup & 3rd stringer each went down.

Those little kids who would think drinking Vodka can make you big and strong.:D

I actually just read an article about all of the racial and cultural stereotypes in the PunchOut! series, it was kind of funny (not like bashing the game for it).

To his defense, he is missing his pre-season Heisman favorite in Case Keenum.

Then his backup & 3rd stringer each went down.

I don't think they're offense is really in question, it's the defense that is really bad. Having your opposition averaging 32 points won't win too many games.

Another tweet from Doogie.

"On Golden, the "U" has reached out to him/his agent. No clue if interest is mutual. Sumlin interested, but not sold on "U", at least yet."

So we know that The search firm has contacted the guys that fans want to hear about.

1. Harbaugh - No
2. Golden - unknown
3. Sumlin - Interest

Chances are they have contacted Peterson, Patterson, Calhoun and coach Ken. So they are doing their homework.

We don't know any of this. These are all rumors.

RE: Hoke, I was interested to see he ran the West Coast offense, and I kind of like that. He's not following the herd and getting all gimmicky with the various spread formations, he's just running a classic pro-style offense.

Still a little bit too unproven as a head coach for my taste, but we could certainly do far worse.

For Bo Darville

think the initials for old school #22 and you will have it, not the current #22 or the one currently playing in Denver in the NFL. That sould be enough

Hello

BOBBY BOWDEN! What's the worst that could happen? Die on us? Maybe one of his sons can be willed to us if that death occurs.

Doogie has mentioned him before

Doogie was right on the trail about him earlier, that scent is strong on the street as he would be good for the U. (would be a top choice of many fans) and program, no more fat body's. There is scuttle on the guy that runs #4 alma matter also, another guy with the last name F.

Wish they could get Dan Mullen to dance, he would be better than the "hat" guy from down there this was a guy I was hoping for the U to snatch on the down low (Mullen).
Golden may have overplayed his hand like Sumlin, to bad. At least we will not settle for them.

I'm hoping the sitting "head coach" stuff is true as it sounds like they already have there guy identified, and some verbal agreement on particulars.

If Sumlin is hired, there will be 4 more premium season tickets put back on the market. I'm sick and tired of not having a defense.

My thoughts exactly!!! I want a team that can stuff opposing offenses at the line. I'm sick of giving up 30+ points per game.

My source tells me that the search firm has contacted potential candidates. Some have expressed interest, some have declined and some are unsure yet. The source says the process will continue until a new coach is hired. (Now there's some real news!)

By the way, for those who apparently missed it, forget Bellotti. He announced the other day that he will wait for his son to graduate from high school before he takes another job.

Actually, he showed interest in the CU job, and then a week later said that he was withdrawing his name becuase his son was in highschool - the same school that he was in a week earlier. He may not come here, but it won't be becuase his son is in school.

Doogie was right on the trail about him earlier, that scent is strong on the street as he would be good for the U. (would be a top choice of many fans) and program, no more fat body's. There is scuttle on the guy that runs #4 alma matter also, another guy with the last name F.

Wish they could get Dan Mullen to dance, he would be better than the "hat" guy from down there this was a guy I was hoping for the U to snatch on the down low (Mullen).
Golden may have overplayed his hand like Sumlin, to bad. At least we will not settle for them.

I'm hoping the sitting "head coach" stuff is true as it sounds like they already have there guy identified, and some verbal agreement on particulars.

So your talking about Troy Calhoun and Larry Fedora at Southern Miss.

Bronko Nagurski.
Could that mean Bronco Mendenhall or another former Broncos asst?

Wishful thinking but maybe he wants to get paid big time:

Responsibilities:
Head Coach (2005-present)
- 49-15 overall record for a .766 winning percentage
- Only 11 teams in the nation have won more games over his five seasons
- At 43-9 over the last four years, only four teams have won more games
- Two MWC Championships, five Bowl invitations, three bowl victories
- 2006 FWAA Eddie Robinson National Coach of the Year finalist
- 2006 American Football Coaches Association Region IV Coach of the Year

I think this may be the guy. Haven't heard much about him in the search, but that would make sense.

Top Bottom