Not Dead Yet

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
CBS has MN as an 11 seed, not even one of the last 4 in. Not a bad draw if that holds. Playing Creighton the #6 seed...

Lunardi said we would have to move 12-18 spots before we would be in danger of being out of the tournament. We're in safely. Let's go on a run and make some noise.

Everyone with a brain knows they're in the tournament.

If we get our act together (unlikely, but go with it), today's loss could actually be a blessing in disguise. Today's loss probably pushed us down to a 11 or 12 seed which would effectively cause us to avoid a #1 or #2 seed until the sweet 16.

If we can play with the same energy we did during that nice run in the 2nd half of the game throughout the tourney, LOOKOUT! Trevor dunking, Andre driving, austin hitting 3's, it brought back memories.

If we can play with the same energy we did during that nice run in the 2nd half of the game throughout the tourney, LOOKOUT! Trevor dunking, Andre driving, austin hitting 3's, it brought back memories.

That would be great. However we have seen that team once in the last 6 weeks.

If we get our act together (unlikely, but go with it), today's loss could actually be a blessing in disguise. Today's loss probably pushed us down to a 11 or 12 seed which would effectively cause us to avoid a #1 or #2 seed until the sweet 16.

An 11 seed is much better than an 8 or 9 seed if the goal is a run to the Sweet 16. On the other hand, just winning one Tourney game would be a nice start; I didn't think we'd really have to worry about that this season until I saw the team go into a shell in February. Since then it's been a few highs and a whole ton of lows.

An 11 seed is much better than an 8 or 9 seed if the goal is a run to the Sweet 16. On the other hand, just winning one Tourney game would be a nice start; I didn't think we'd really have to worry about that this season until I saw the team go into a shell in February. Since then it's been a few highs and a whole ton of lows.

I agree I would take an 11 over a 8 or 9 any day...

I wouldn't mind being an 11 but I still think we are more likely a 9 or a 10 when the brackets come out.

Give this year's squad and 11 seed. The 88-89 team was an 11 seed. The 88-89 team knocked off #1 at The Barn. The stars are aligning for a Sweet 16 run!

They do not deserve to be in the tourney. Losing their last 3 games to average/below average teams and 11 of their last 16. Iowa deserves the bid more finishing 9-9 in the conference and winning 7 of the last 9. Its actually a good thing for them to make the tourney, considering the season will not last much longer then. (Fans do not need another drawn out worthless NIT run). Fire Tubby, get the search committee going and lets move on.

While I can agree that the Gophs did not play their way into the NCAA's over the past 6 weeks, the deal is there needs to be 68 teams in the field, and although I dont think that MN is taht good of a team, they are easily in the top 34 (I think that is the number?) at large teams. All that said, I hope they make it and win a couple, it would be amazing to see what people's thoughts were if Tubs pulled out a couple of NCAA wins.

Just because you can get in to the party doesn't mean that you will go home with the hot blonde. :cool02:

gopherinpain, it is not who you play, but when you play them. Granted the Gophers should have won at least one of the last 3, they still played a highly motivated Nebraska team in the final game in their arena on senior day. The Gophers played a hot Purdue team on senior day coming off a win at Wisconsin. Today, the Gophers played Illinois (arguably the home team in the tournament) in Chicago and nearly won.

The Gophers have played 32 games this season defeating Michigan State, Wisconsin, Memphis, Indiana, and Illinois (on the road). The only truly bad losses are Nebraska and Northwestern both on the road. Saying the Gophers do not deserve to be in the tourney is ridiculous.

CBS has MN as an 11 seed, not even one of the last 4 in. Not a bad draw if that holds. Playing Creighton the #6 seed...

Oh boy.... my In-laws in Nebraska won't let me hear the end of this loss. :pig:

gopherinpain, it is not who you play, but when you play them. Granted the Gophers should have won at least one of the last 3, they still played a highly motivated Nebraska team in the final game in their arena on senior day. The Gophers played a hot Purdue team on senior day coming off a win at Wisconsin. Today, the Gophers played Illinois (arguably the home team in the tournament) in Chicago and nearly won.

The Gophers have played 32 games this season defeating Michigan State, Wisconsin, Memphis, Indiana, and Illinois (on the road). The only truly bad losses are Nebraska and Northwestern both on the road. Saying the Gophers do not deserve to be in the tourney is ridiculous.

They have lost 11 of their last 16 games. With the eye test, does this look like one of the better teams in college basketball?? By the way motivated or not, Purdue and Nebraska are both below .500 teams.

There are teams that play better as they approach the tournament and there are teams that are playing below their talent level as they approach the tournament. the teams that are playing better as the tournament nears usually win their first tournament game. The teams that are playing below their talent level, usually lose their first tournament game. I wonder which ones the Gophers are?

Scott Van Pelt on Sportscenter was pretty obviously making a case for Minnesota to be left out...he asked the question "what will the committee do with Minnesota?...They've got 12 losses, 8 and 11 in the conference..They have some good wins but also some bad losses.."

Anybody who knows anything about SVP knows that he unabashedly adores his home state Maryland is probably hoping they can get Minnesota's bid.

With LA Tech losing tonight, there's another possible team who can steal an at-large bid. If Utah win the Pac 12, that conference could get 6 teams.

People who assume the Gophers are safe because some fat nerd at ESPN says so, are going to be in for a disappointing Sunday. The Committee doesn't have to take the Gophers. They could easily say they don't pass the eye test in recent weeks as one of the best 68 and that would be totally fair.

Scott Van Pelt on Sportscenter was pretty obviously making a case for Minnesota to be left out...he asked the question "what will the committee do with Minnesota?...They've got 12 losses, 8 and 11 in the conference..They have some good wins but also some bad losses.."

Anybody who knows anything about SVP knows that he unabashedly adores his home state Maryland is probably hoping they can get Minnesota's bid.

With LA Tech losing tonight, there's another possible team who can steal an at-large bid. If Utah win the Pac 12, that conference could get 6 teams.

People who assume the Gophers are safe because some fat nerd at ESPN says so, are going to be in for a disappointing Sunday. The Committee doesn't have to take the Gophers. They could easily say they don't pass the eye test in recent weeks as one of the best 68 and that would be totally fair.
How much is you're buyout?

2.5 mil...talk me down to 1.6...

Seriously, the tide of momentum against the Gophers is picking up steam. I think you'll see them enter the bubble by Saturday afternoon and be the first or 2nd out by Sunday afternoon. Still a lot of bids to be won and lost.

2.5 mil...talk me down to 1.6...

Seriously, the tide of momentum against the Gophers is picking up steam. I think you'll see them enter the bubble by Saturday afternoon and be the first or 2nd out by Sunday afternoon. Still a lot of bids to be won and lost.

It's too bad every bubble team lost today or else I would start to get worried.

It's too bad every bubble team lost today or else I would start to get worried.

Iowa didn't lose...

Iowa St didn't lose...

More possible bid stealers out there with Mid Tenn St and La Tech.

Utah is still alive and Pac could get 6 bids.

The SEC is full of bubble teams.

The ACC has plenty...Some team like FSU could win the ACC.

Akron could lose the MAC and steal a bid...lots can happen. If Iowa beat MSU tomorrow they will be in as well. The committee will be looking for excuses to punish Minnesota for the 5-11 finish...any bubble team that wins a game or two will be pushed by Minnesota.

Iowa didn't lose...

Iowa St didn't lose...

More possible bid stealers out there with Mid Tenn St and La Tech.

Utah is still alive and Pac could get 6 bids.

The SEC is full of bubble teams.

The ACC has plenty...Some team like FSU could win the ACC.

Akron could lose the MAC and steal a bid...lots can happen. If Iowa beat MSU tomorrow they will be in as well. The committee will be looking for excuses to punish Minnesota for the 5-11 finish...any bubble team that wins a game or two will be pushed by Minnesota.

So for the record, you predict that MN is out, correct?

How do you block a poster so you don't have to see their posts on the board. I am tired of this guy and his trolling drivel.

So for the record, you predict that MN is out, correct?

Yes, I've been saying it for weeks...The committee will never take a team that finishes 5-11 and loses in the ugly fashion the Gophers have been losing in.

There are plenty of teams out there to steal bids..The only caveat I would make is that Minnesota could still get a bid if teams like Iowa lose tomorrow. And if all the teams like Akron win their tourney's. The committee is praying for Akron to go down so they can spare America the disgrace that is Tubby ball.

How do you block a poster so you don't have to see their posts on the board. I am tired of this guy and his trolling drivel.

1.Click on Name
2.View Profile
3.Add to Ignore List

Yes, I've been saying it for weeks...The committee will never take a team that finishes 5-11 and loses in the ugly fashion the Gophers have been losing in.

There are plenty of teams out there to steal bids..The only caveat I would make is that Minnesota could still get a bid if teams like Iowa lose tomorrow. And if all the teams like Akron win their tourney's. The committee is praying for Akron to go down so they can spare America the disgrace that is Tubby ball.

Hedge your bet...i like it.;)

Show me just one expert that doesn't have Minnesota in, then I'll start to get a little nervous.

They will get in the big dance, but I will be SHOCKED if they get past the first round.

Show me just one expert that doesn't have Minnesota in, then I'll start to get a little nervous.

I agree with you on that. I am not encouraged by the team's effort at all over the past 3 games, but they do have to get 68 teams in the field, and I believe MN will be one of them...

Top Bottom