Norwood Teague resigns amind sexual harassment allegations

Per KARE 11 reporter:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Wow. Really sad end to his career here.

WELP..... lets start that search. We got facilities to build.

Shooter says Norwood Teague may be resigning today

Sad, but it's the right thing to do to get rid of him for a couple reasons:

1. He needs help. You've got a drinking problem if you start texting nasty things to employees.
2. If the U covers it up and it gets out, the U would be torched publicly.
3. If the U announces what happened and doesn't fire him, the U would be torched publicly. Fundraising would essentially be dead in the water as long as he remained on the payroll.

Is this an atomic blow to facilities progress, or not necessarily?

I blame this on Kaler. The guy doesn't know how to ****ing stabilize the Atheletic Department. He is an idiot academic who doesn't give a **** about this school's sports.

If a guy has an alcohol problem, don't hire him. Surely this would come up in a vetting process. This is an embarrassment to the school. Kaler should be ashamed

Is this an atomic blow to facilities progress, or not necessarily?

I think it would be more of an atomic blow if we didn't fire him. That's my opinion at least. Nobody would have given money knowing what happened.

1. He needs help. You've got a drinking problem if you start texting nasty things to employees.
Or it's a convenient excuse for acting like a buffoon. Not saying that's the case, but you can't just take him at his word on this.

I blame this on Kaler. The guy doesn't know how to ****ing stabilize the Atheletic Department. He is an idiot academic who doesn't give a **** about this school's sports. If a guy has an alcohol problem, don't hire him. Surely this would come up in a vetting process. This is an embarrassment to the school. Kaler should be ashamed

Lol. wut???

Go Gophers!!

I blame this on Kaler. The guy doesn't know how to ****ing stabilize the Atheletic Department. He is an idiot academic who doesn't give a **** about this school's sports.

If a guy has an alcohol problem, don't hire him. Surely this would come up in a vetting process. This is an embarrassment to the school. Kaler should be ashamed

Eh, I don't know about that.

Candidates?

As much as I was unimpressed with Teague, the timing isn't ideal.

It's amazing adult men cannot control themselves, especially wealthy ones with "options" to relieve their tension. This is not someone to be in a position of power. Sorry.

Or it's a convenient excuse for acting like a buffoon. Not saying that's the case, but you can't just take him at his word on this.

True, regardless... He needs help in some area of his life. Whether it be drinking or respect towards women.

I don't see how being an "academic" is a bad thing when your primary job is to run an academic institution. Kaler has bigger priorities than athletics, as it should be.

Norwood Teague might have survived if this had happaned at another time, but sexual harrassment during an active Title IX investigation, a formal apology and stint in dry dock isn't enough. I can really understand it now that the reasons are out.

Wow... just wow.

Exactly. It's right along the lines of the classic "sex addiction" excuse when a celeb is caught cheating on his wife.

Are you serious right now? There was no previous incidents or he wouldn't have had a job before his stop here. Kaler has done nothing but support the athletic department in my eyes. Or are you just spit-balling to deflect the blame on someone else?!

Norwood Teague might have survived if this had happaned at another time, but sexual harrassment during an active Title IX investigation, a formal apology and stint in dry dock isn't enough. I can really understand it now that the reasons are out.

Sexting with uninterested employees vs. where a new track stadium goes...yep, seems logical.

This has absolutely zero to do with Kaler. How you figure it does is beyond me.

From the looks of this post, it appears that you may have a drinking problem.

What's one more title? Coach, Director of Operations, Owner, and Athletic Director Flip Saunders?

Top Bottom