Northwestern Game: Who's going?

forestlaker

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to the NW game but haven't decided on what tickets to buy. Was Section 117 where the visitors seats are? How high up? Haven't decided whether to pay about $30 ea. and sit along the sidelines. Where's everyone sitting?

Planning on going as well and would be curious on opinions of others regarding tickets. I can't imagine they're necessarily "hard" to come by, but what route are people planning on taking? forestlaker: where you seeing tix for $30? I haven't done any research yet at all...

Evanston is a pretty far drive from here. I'm just going to watch the game on tv.

I'd recommend getting scalper tickets right up to kickoff. I've gone to the last two Gopher games at Ryan Field and the stands have been half full. I've gotten a pair for me and my son for $10/ticket and can basically sit anywhere I want. Even with the Cats improving I don't suspect it will be a full stadium since unfortunately Gopher fans don't travel as well as some other B1G schools, at least to Evanston, and there's not a big alumni base here in Chicago.

I will look at various ticket vendors but can probably get tickets at the gate or from scalpers. Nebraska fans filled Ryan last year but I don't see that happening for the Gopher game,

Section 116 row 6. Cant wait.

8-10 of us heading down. We'll buy them through the Ticket Office this week and fill with "aftermarket" later if we need more. Been down there twice and there were plenty of seats, but this way the Gophers get some credit for the tickets. If NW wins out until then who knows, maybe there will be a crowd.

Got 50-yard line / row 10 on StubHub. Not taking any chances and it is the only road venue in the B1G where those seats aren't $200+. Got em for $50/each.

Most importantly, what are your tailgate plans???????????????????

Not a much worse tailgate atmosphere out there than Evanston. Think off campus bars - the ones on campus won't be open b4 the game.

Planning on driving down Friday and grabbing a hotel in Skokie or another nearby city. What bars around the stadium tend to be frequented?

Bluestone is really the only bar within walking distance of Ryan Field. It's mainly a residential neighborhood. Bluestone is pretty small too, and is more of a bar & grill than pre-game hotspot.

There will be a catered tailgate on the golf course near the stadium, which happens most years: https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1118/magazine.aspx?sid=1118&gid=1&pgid=4631&cid=7359

Not sure why they're charging so much this year (in the past I've just brought a case of my own beer and joined the group.)

Tommy Nevins Irish Pub in downtown Evanston is a big sports bar. They may have a bus to Ryan.

There may be another hundred or so Gopher locals in attendance. Because Jack Lynn is from the area and his high school fans and past coaches have missed watching him play, Festabus.com is organizing a tailgate with buses departing from Lake Zurich, IL. The first coach bus is full and the second is filling. Each bus holds about fifty. Using your own game tickets, the bus ride is $40 and includes games, food and limited libation (as well as a bathroom in transit), but it is bring your own beer. There is also a Holiday Inn Express in Lake Zurich for those unable or uninterested in staying in Evanston. Parking and driving around Ryan Field is a royal pain. Side note: Northwestern kicker Matt Micucci played youth football with Jack. In next week's (9/14) game, Western Illinois' middle linebacker J. J. Raffelson played in the youth league as well as in high school with Jack.

Bought our tickets last night through ScoreBig.com. After a coupon code I found online (concert20), we paid $24 each for three seats in Sec 109/Row 59. I'm assuming this is VERY high up, but they're around the 35 yard line and have a face value of $50, so I was happy. I started at Stub Hub, but the same tickets were going for $26 each PLUS bogus charges of $11.99 for shipping and $8.95 in "fees." With free shipping, no extra fees, the ability to name your price (a la Priceline.com), and abundant coupon codes all over the internet, I'm all about ScoreBig.com!

I bought 4 tickets last night in Section 108. I like our chances coming off a bye week and NW coming off back-to-back games vs. OSU and Wisconsin.

My Posse and I are going. Sitting in the end zone. Tickets $66 for all 5. Bought 'em on Stubhub about 6 weeks ago

Bringing the kids and going with another family! It's MEA weekend in Mn so a great chance for a long weekend in Chicago with Gopher football. We are going to stay downtown somewhere and we bought our tickets through the Gopher ticket office (paid much more than it sounds like others have but it's going for a good cause).
How great would it be if both teams are unbeaten or have 1 loss for this game?

Northwestern Game: Who's going?

This guy. And wife and two kids.

Bonus of the team being overlooked and not travelling like crazy is that I was able to get 3 tickets on Stubhub, Section 113 row 20 for a total of $46 after fees and S&H. Hope to see plenty of maroon and gold in Evanston.

Sec. 117,

$6 a ticket- going with 3 others

I am not going, but this might be the BT game I want to win the most this year, after Wisconsin of course. I think Northwestern is completely fraudulent at #16 in the country. OSU will clobber them on Saturday, then they will go to Sconnie and get beat up. We will be coming off a bye ready to roll.

Me, wife and two kids. The oldest is a senior in high school, so we are doing the Northwestern tour (although she really wants to go to the U).

Looks like an 11:00 kickoff. BTN or ESPN/ESPN2 probably depends on what happens Saturday.

Sat 10/19/13 Indiana @ Michigan Michigan Stadium BTN 2:30 PM CT

Sat 10/19/13 Iowa @ Ohio State Columbus, Ohio ABC/ESPN2 2:30 PM CT

Sat 10/19/13 Wisconsin @ Illinois MEMORIAL STADIUM BTN 7:00 PM CT

Sat 10/19/13 Minnesota @ Northwestern Evanston, Ill. TBA

Sat 10/19/13 Purdue @ Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. TBA

Looks like an 11:00 kickoff. BTN or ESPN/ESPN2 probably depends on what happens Saturday.

Sat 10/19/13 Indiana @ Michigan Michigan Stadium BTN 2:30 PM CT

Sat 10/19/13 Iowa @ Ohio State Columbus, Ohio ABC/ESPN2 2:30 PM CT

Sat 10/19/13 Wisconsin @ Illinois MEMORIAL STADIUM BTN 7:00 PM CT

Sat 10/19/13 Minnesota @ Northwestern Evanston, Ill. TBA

Sat 10/19/13 Purdue @ Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. TBA

Crap, that means an early morning trek...

Top Bottom