North Texas transfer PG/C-USA POTY Tylor Perry

for what its worth Ryan James is saying chances aren't great for the Gophers to get him
It would be great but he is also getting interest from: Rothstein: North Texas transfer Tylor Perry tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs: Missouri, Tennessee, Baylor, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Florida, Wake Forest, Cal, Minnesota, Louisville, Boston College and Texas A&M
Just to name two..Louisville and Texas A&M might out bid us I think. Ben sells that he'd be amazing.

It would be great but he is also getting interest from: Rothstein: North Texas transfer Tylor Perry tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs: Missouri, Tennessee, Baylor, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Florida, Wake Forest, Cal, Minnesota, Louisville, Boston College and Texas A&M
Just to name two..Louisville and Texas A&M might out bid us I think. Ben sells that he'd be amazing.
Does Louisville have 100 million dollars to spend and 45 open roster spots or something?

Does Louisville have 100 million dollars to spend and 45 open roster spots or something?
Here's a side if there is any truth to the Evans $1million offer...if Dennis Evans who is mostly just tall gets $1million....what does Tylor Perry get? a guy who can actually play?
And ya, Louisville won two games or something and a bunch of guys left.

Carrington over Christie in the starting rotation, at least to start the season. Ihnen will be their “big wing”. If the get this commitment I’d assume they’d look for a backup big and be done.
I would hope Christie is better than Carrington or it will be another long year.

Here's a side if there is any truth to the Evans $1million offer...if Dennis Evans who is mostly just tall gets $1million....what does Tylor Perry get? a guy who can actually play?
And ya, Louisville won two games or something and a bunch of guys left.
Mostly just tall? Anyone who is rated by a lot of national observers as the best shot blocker in the country and is rated in the top 15 by Rivals is not just tall.

And although Perry would be a stretch to come here, the thought of having a guy who can attack the rim and get fouled or kick out to shooters like Mitchell, Carrington, and Christie makes them a lot better- we haven't had much of that around here for a while. It may be different on the defensive side, but that would increase their offensive firepower in a big way. Ben, take out a loan if you have to...

Was it previously mentioned on this board?

Of course, on the Transfer Portal thread - where it belongs. First time was two days ago and then there was more discussion and news about him yesterday. I checked him out within an hour of him showing up in the portal on Verbal Commits.

Of course, on the Transfer Portal thread - where it belongs. First time was two days ago and then there was more discussion and news about him yesterday.
Some of us appreciate when actual news makes it out of the 40 page threads that we don’t want to wade through.

I checked him out within an hour of him showing up in the portal on Verbal Commits.

Good for you.

Mostly just tall? Anyone who is rated by a lot of national observers as the best shot blocker in the country and is rated in the top 15 by Rivals is not just tall.

And although Perry would be a stretch to come here, the thought of having a guy who can attack the rim and get fouled or kick out to shooters like Mitchell, Carrington, and Christie makes them a lot better- we haven't had much of that around here for a while. It may be different on the defensive side, but that would increase their offensive firepower in a big way. Ben, take out a loan if you have to...
Fine, Dennis Evans has potential. Explain a Division 3 high school team winning half their games as a junior and a senior if he is impactful now? Wouldn't this best shot blocking attribute make it tough to lose? If you are even just tall, the opponents are not tall in h.s. division 3....shouldn't you get more than 14,15 points a game? If you are a million dollar player shouldn't more than 6 teams offer a scholarship? Florida State was one of those....they collect 7 foot players....be a pretty big red flag if they didn't offer. Kansas has a lot of bigs, you need other bigs to defend in practice.
TCU and Texas, I dunno, did one offer because the other did? San Diego State is local. UC Riverside...okay, good and Minnesota. Louisville didn't offer until their disaster season. Illinois didn't offer and neither did all the perennial Top 25 teams for this Top 15 game changer. Did the G league offer him big money? I don't know the answer to any of this but connecting to dots for me says he wasn't guaranteed a million dollars and isn't going to lead Louisville to a Top 25 ranking when he couldn't win games at a division 3 high school. Time will tell if you are right.

And obviously as I said about Perry, "a guy who can actually play" would impact the Gophers in a very positive way. But again, that is unlikely to happen. About that one I'd love to be wrong and see him in a Gopher uniform.

Perry is big time. He'll get a lot of NIL money if he wants it. That would mean he's not going to Minnesota.
It’s funny people think the NIL is terrible at MN. They are fine. Not Miami, but only a couple schools are.

Fine, Dennis Evans has potential. Explain a Division 3 high school team winning half their games as a junior and a senior if he is impactful now? Wouldn't this best shot blocking attribute make it tough to lose? If you are even just tall, the opponents are not tall in h.s. division 3....shouldn't you get more than 14,15 points a game? If you are a million dollar player shouldn't more than 6 teams offer a scholarship? Florida State was one of those....they collect 7 foot players....be a pretty big red flag if they didn't offer. Kansas has a lot of bigs, you need other bigs to defend in practice.
TCU and Texas, I dunno, did one offer because the other did? San Diego State is local. UC Riverside...okay, good and Minnesota. Louisville didn't offer until their disaster season. Illinois didn't offer and neither did all the perennial Top 25 teams for this Top 15 game changer. Did the G league offer him big money? I don't know the answer to any of this but connecting to dots for me says he wasn't guaranteed a million dollars and isn't going to lead Louisville to a Top 25 ranking when he couldn't win games at a division 3 high school. Time will tell if you are right.

And obviously as I said about Perry, "a guy who can actually play" would impact the Gophers in a very positive way. But again, that is unlikely to happen. About that one I'd love to be wrong and see him in a Gopher uniform.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion about Evans. High school stats and results are not always a great barometer of someone's potential. I suspect, but don't know, that the rest of his high school team was pretty bad. If you think that the guys that scout for Kansas and Texas (and the Gophers) don't know how to judge talent, I'm not sure what to say. I don't think he'll be an All-American his first year and lead Louisville to a national championship, but he would have been an asset for the Gophers, and it's tough to lose a kid like that.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion about Evans. High school stats and results are not always a great barometer of someone's potential. I suspect, but don't know, that the rest of his high school team was pretty bad. If you think that the guys that scout for Kansas and Texas (and the Gophers) don't know how to judge talent, I'm not sure what to say. I don't think he'll be an All-American his first year and lead Louisville to a national championship, but he would have been an asset for the Gophers, and it's tough to lose a kid like that.
You miss some details in much of what I write. I said and agree he has potential. I don’t see signs he’ll make a game changing impact as a freshman.
I do wish he was a Gopher. I just don’t see signs $100,000 couldn’t be better spent…let alone a $million.

Top Bottom