North Texas transfer PG/C-USA POTY Tylor Perry

41% from 3P, 87% FT shooter, seems to be a guy who can handle point duties if necessary...wow this would make me feel better about the Gophers if we could nab him.

Here's a fun stat. He went 157/180 on the season shooting free throws. For reference, Payne was our leading FT shooter (53/109) followed by Garcia (70/98) and Cooper (54/88). Battle shot an astounding 25/32, 7th most on the team. Without watching any tape of Perry I have to imagine he drives to the basket a lot.

He would definitely help us. It's good to see Ben going heavy at the guard positions.

He was National Junior College Tournament MVP; and

Two-Time First Team Conference USA in each of his two seasons there; and

2023 Conference USA Most Outstanding Player; and

NIT All Tournament Team and Most Valuable Player

Yeah, I'd say he'd help us - A LOT!

Something is wrong with this thread.....I sense hope and optimism..... :)

Would be great if they can get him. Clearly some mutual interest there if they are meeting in person. Mitchell and Perry starting with Carrington and Christie coming in off the bench would look like a pretty solid backcourt rotation.

This would be pretty sweet!

PG: Perry/Mitchell
SG: Christie/Carrington
SF: JoJ/Betts
PF: Garcia/Ihnen
C: Payne/Fox

If we get Perry everything else will be icing!

His signing might help us get a no-shit SF! Haven’t had a shooting lock down small forward for awhile.

Great get for Ben! Congrats! This type of player can make a difference. Nice work Ben and gooo gophers!

His signing might help us get a no-shit SF! Haven’t had a shooting lock down small forward for awhile.
i really like it. And with Perry/Mitchell/Christie maybe would allow us to mix in 3 guard lineups as well.

although we still need a big wing and a back up center if we really want to move the needle

i really like it. And with Perry/Mitchell/Christie maybe would allow us to mix in 3 guard lineups as well.

although we still need a big wing and a back up center if we really want to move the needle
Carrington over Christie in the starting rotation, at least to start the season. Ihnen will be their “big wing”. If the get this commitment I’d assume they’d look for a backup big and be done.

Carrington over Christie in the starting rotation, at least to start the season. Ihnen will be their “big wing”. If the get this commitment I’d assume they’d look for a backup big and be done.
I don't know a ton about Mitchell and Perry as players but wouldn't surprise me to see them both starting in the backcourt with Carrington and Christie off the bench.

I don't know a ton about Mitchell and Perry as players but wouldn't surprise me to see them both starting in the backcourt with Carrington and Christie off the bench.
They could start 3 guards, Carrington and Christie both have good size for that position.

for what its worth Ryan James is saying chances aren't great for the Gophers to get him

for what its worth Ryan James is saying chances aren't great for the Gophers to get him
Is that from the 247 article? Seems like he didn't even mention Florida etc in that so I think things have moved forward and changed a bit, just based on the fact he met with us and Florida.

Are you saying Battle wasnt a lockdown defender? 😀

Top Bottom