North Dakota State

your a joke, it was like 94% to 6% on startribune poll.

Everyone in Minnesota should be NDSU fans, No reason NOT to cheer for NDSU.

Marquette = Sconi's!! No way you should want a Sconi team to be on tv over NDSU.

The nice thing about the NDSU game

is that it will be a blowout and we will get too see the marquette game anyway!

Marquette = Sconi's!! No way you should want a Sconi team to be on tv over NDSU.

so did the whole state of no dak spend their time voting on startribune yesterday?! minnesotans should be ndsu fans? says who? you. an NDSU fan. we ARE gopher fans.

marquette vs. utah state would be a better game to watch. more competitive than watching kansas kill your team all day long.

REALLY??

NDSU will be the GONZAGA of the midwest.... Like Minnesota State .

seriously BRONKO you're about the only person NOT cheerin for NDSU.

should I list all the Twin Cities companies and alumni that are gathering at the Depot at 8:30 am saturday to party and support NDSU??

Seriously, get over yourself. I understand that it's probably a better idea for 'CCO to show the Kansas game, though I'd rather see Marquette play. I've started following Marquette since a friend started attending law school there.

And why should everyone in Minnesota be NDSU fans? So it can feed the massive inferiority complex that you and other NDSU fans have? There's no real reason for everyone in Minnesota to cheer for NDSU. Sure, you've got a cute program that managed to win something called the Summit League. But you've got to realize it's not something that's worth most people even caring about.

And as far as how impressed everyone should be with Ben Woodside, I prefer watching big men like Minnesota's own Cole Aldrich than smurf guards who can score against small schools and can manage to make it into double digit scoring against major conference schools.

Mckerny..... NDSU HAS 11 MINNESOTANS.

65% of NDSU is Minnesotans.

EVERYONE I KNOW IN NORTHWEST MINNESOTA ARE NDSU FANS!

www.ndsualumni.com

i don't have the info in front of me, but i would venture that northwest minnesota is only like 10% of the population of MN - if that.

what mckerney is trying to say and which you don't seem to understand is therefore your little thing with NDSU way up there by the canadian border is only relevant to a very small percentage of minnesotans. most of the state lives south of st. cloud and have a more vested interest in what is happening with the gophers or other major conference teams that they might follow.

that and most of the minnesotans on your team are not even from the immediate minneapolis/st. paul metro area like cole aldrich is, so most people in the metro have never even heard of or seen ben woodside, winkleman, etc. until the last week, if at all. just because some of your players might be from parts of minnesota that doesn't mean by default all gopher fans or minnesotans (especially those in the metro area) suddenly become ndsu fans for you by default.

Let's please stop all of the smack talk. This NCAA Tourney is a once in a million for NDSU, therefore is a really big event, and they are close to home. The Gophers have better chances every year to make the Big Dance. Let the Bison and their fans enjoy it, as we are too this year. It's been a long time for Gopher fans too, and I am hyper about it. I wish both the Gophers and the Bison good luck, and enjoy the experience.

REALLY??

should I list all the Twin Cities companies and alumni that are gathering at the Depot at 8:30 am saturday to party and support NDSU??

Thankfully there's DirecTV with their Mega March Madness package .. so some of us can watch what we want -- Not to take away from the NDSU game, but I'll be watching the Marquette/Utah St game first, then checking in to the NDSU game...It would be a great upset for NDSU to pull this out, but unlikely at best.

REALLY??

to your first point - ha! not even close. come back to reality lakes.

to your second point - doubt that.

to your third point - minneapolis isn't fargo where maybe that equates to like half the city gathering in one place. just because a few ndsu alums from some different mpls companies are drinking beer at the depot doesn't really mean too much to me. drop in the bucket. your team is not the only show in town this weekend lakes. get over yourself and your team already.

I agree Dr. Don. I'll be cheering for the Fighting Bison as well.

"Everyone in Minnesota should be NDSU fans, No reason NOT to cheer for NDSU."

Perhaps if certain NDSU supporters would be a little more rational and gracious after one win over a one-win Gopher FB team, you might find more support for your cause.

What does that even mean?

I'm from Minnesota and I'll be at the game in Jayhawk gear.

This NCAA Tourney is a once in a million for NDSU

As they're in a fairly weak conference I could certainly see NDSU making a habit of returning the dance if they can keep their recruiting up. I'm excited for them. There are other games I'll be interested in watching, but still excited nonetheless.

A few years ago Kansas went up to ND in Grand Forks to play UND ... It was close for a while then it wasn't pretty. The player from Valley City (Jeff Boschee) was playing for Kansas and it seemed that it was a gift to the state of ND that Kansas went up there....This is not a knock on ND ... I'd like to see them upset Kansas, but I'm not putting any dollars on it.

"Everyone in Minnesota should be NDSU fans, No reason NOT to cheer for NDSU."

Perhaps if certain NDSU supporters would be a little more rational and gracious after one win over a one-win Gopher FB team, you might find more support for your cause.

not only was it a one win team. it was also our worst team in the long 127-year history of gopher football.

As someone from Detroit Lakes which is pretty close to Fargo, I would like to say a few thinks. That area of Minnesota is not even close to all NDSU fans. It is mainly Gopher fans, followed by Sioux fans, and then NDSU fans. I would guess that even Fargo is more Sioux than Bison.

I really would like to cheer for NDSU tomorrow, but their fans make it so hard to I have to cheer against them. All I have been hearing is how great they are, they are so much better than the Gophers and they will be making deep NCAA runs from here on out. To bash the program I love and say that NDSU has a much better program makes me say. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!

Go Bison. Even though I agree that the football crap a few years ago was thick.

As someone from Detroit Lakes which is pretty close to Fargo, I would like to say a few thinks. That area of Minnesota is not even close to all NDSU fans. It is mainly Gopher fans, followed by Sioux fans, and then NDSU fans. I would guess that even Fargo is more Sioux than Bison.

I really would like to cheer for NDSU tomorrow, but their fans make it so hard to I have to cheer against them. All I have been hearing is how great they are, they are so much better than the Gophers and they will be making deep NCAA runs from here on out. To bash the program I love and say that NDSU has a much better program makes me say. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!

When you have lakes as the official goodwill ambassador, that doesn't help things. Gopher fans are free to cheer for NDSU, not to care, or to cheer for their opponent. NDSU fans feel no such obligation to cheer for us, after all. It seems on their board, they spell Gophers with an extra 'o' about as often as they spell it correctly.

Rampage; "It seems on their board, they spell Gophers with an extra 'o' about as often as they spell it correctly. "

What more can one expect from people who hail from NorDakota?

Exactly --

I will probably be cheering for the Bison, but I dont like the sense of entitlement that there is this huge fan base in MN, I would be rooting the same for the Sioux, SD State (Jackrabbits?) UW Milwaukee, etc.

Of course there are NDSU fans and alums in the Twin Cities, guess what, this is the biggest major city in the area, so naturally there are more opportunities, jobs, attractions here that have drawn recent grads or people in general from most other smaller colleges and cities Fargo, Grand Forks, Eau Claire, Madison, etc to this area.

We all know you are our little brother to the northwest, and so i think it would be ok if you celebrate another big win in the dome. I predict Woodside hitting a GW 3pointer at the buzzer.

I retired from betting..........

when the Jimmy V. upset Phi Slamma Jamma, but if you give me 10 points in this game, the Bison are an easy choice. They are a veteran team, they'll bring tons of energy, the game is early in the morning, and Kansas, though talented, is not a tournament tough team with this mostly new group.

I admire Aldrich greatly, and hope he does well, but to have these mostly Minnesota boys win this one would be sweet to see. I think it's quite possible.

Top Bottom