North Carolina vs South Carolina

hungan1

Reaction score
It looks like the NC Offense have some weapons.

South Carolina had negative rushing yards a few moments ago in the 4th quarter. Yikes.

North Carolina defense was middling last season. Only 17 sacks last season.

Tonight North Carolina had 9 sacks. Defense is better. Secondary still looks suspect.

Tonight North Carolina had 9 sacks. Defense is better. Secondary still looks suspect.

UNC's defense was horrendous last year and it appears they have made massive improvements. They were dead last in the ACC last year and gave up I believe 57 TDs.

A question: can we just forfeit the North Carolina game and save ourselves the humiliation?

I mean... NFL QB. Future first round pick. Tall. Big arm.

Let's be realistic: We have no chance. Let's take our losses and move on.

The age old question... is NC d-line that good or is SC o-line really that bad. Only time will tell
9 sacks is an insane number to give up in one game. Gotta think there may be some issues along that South Carolina line but yeah, need more games to know for sure.

North Carolina game is going to be a real test in a couple of weeks. Have to get some things figured out this coming weekend and go into that one firing on all cylinders.

South Carolina had negative rushing yards a few moments ago in the 4th quarter. Yikes.
-2 in final stats. I’d just go to a passing game..
When the Vikings had the Williams wall Pat and Kevin they were known for there run defense. One Sunday the Bill Belichick came to town and basically didn’t play his rbs..

UNC's defense was horrendous last year and it appears they have made massive improvements. They were dead last in the ACC last year and gave up I believe 57 TDs.
South Carolina was also 81st in sacks allowed last year and 77th in sack percentage. However you are definitely right to some extent as UNC only averaged 1 sack a game last year and seemed to be getting after it much more quickly tonight

9 sacks is an insane number to give up in one game. Gotta think there may be some issues along that South Carolina line but yeah, need more games to know for sure.

North Carolina game is going to be a real test in a couple of weeks. Have to get some things figured out this coming weekend and go into that one firing on all cylinders.
I think I heard one commentator say all SC online are first year starters

Sawvel, the only Kill assistant to stick somewhere, is 3:30 from beating Texas Tech. We’re down 17-0, up 20-17.

Not even middling, bad. Ranked 100+ in both scoring and total defense.

I think I heard one commentator say all SC online are first year starters
I believe there was at least one injury along the line during the course of the game, too. Just a putrid effort on their behalf.

Credit to UNC though. Their defense looked good regardless of the quality of South Carolina’s offense/line

Assuming that the Gophers get past their second Championship game against Eastern Michigan and UNC gets past Appalachian State next week, the game in Chapel Hill will be a test. The UNC QB at 6'5"/230 is a bigger AK, more experienced, can certainly throw the rock, and has a group of WR's that catch the ball. The UNC Defense appears stronger than the recent pundit commentary. I think we may have the ultimate Air Raid, Texas Tech type of game where footballs will be flying all over the place. If the Gophers can improve their Special Teams and come up with some sort of run game to keep UNC honest in their backyard, it will be one hell of a game. A defining game. It's the reason you suit up as a football player.

Mack Brown sure did reload on defense through the portal.

The NC game is a real test for the Gophers.

The Gophers' special teams play needs to improve. This can cost them games going into the teeth of their schedule.

Mack Brown sure did reload on defense through the portal.

The NC game is a real test for the Gophers.

The Gophers' special teams play needs to improve. This can cost them games going into the teeth of their schedule.
Agree. Elite teams fix their problem areas and play to win the game.

Sawvel, the only Kill assistant to stick somewhere, is 3:30 from beating Texas Tech. We’re down 17-0, up 20-17.
This is Brian Anderson's 5th year at KState, Pat Poore was at SIU for 6 years before retiring after last off-season, Jeff Phelps was with Mike Leach for 6 years before going to NDSU this season, Zebrowski is in his 7th year with Lance Leipold, and if you count high school Rob Reeves is on his fourth season at Hill Murray.

Given how unexpectedly well SC did in the SEC last year and SC's recruiting was said to be very good this year so some writers were gushing over their HC and predicting great things for SC.
I was impressed with NC.

Gophers are going to have a lot of trouble in nc.

Looking at the transfer portal list, I'm not sure how North Carolina got much better on defense. It looks like UNC landed a WR but actually lost a good CB. Maybe another year of growth for d-line players?

A question: can we just forfeit the North Carolina game and save ourselves the humiliation?

I mean... NFL QB. Future first round pick. Tall. Big arm.

Let's be realistic: We have no chance. Let's take our losses and move on.
Maybe we could get $800,000 somewhere and just buy our way out of the game if we're doomed.

Mitch Tribusky?

Nubin?

Country Jer Lives!

Nah, that wasn't Jerry, that was pure unadulterated Lou.

"The University of Notre Dame does not redshirt, and I endorse that policy completely. I am very much in favor of redshirting, but not at Notre Dame. But there's no doubt about it. It puts us at a huge disadvantage."

"They're so big they have to grease them up to get them in the stadium"

Nah, that wasn't Jerry, that was pure unadulterated Lou.

"The University of Notre Dame does not redshirt, and I endorse that policy completely. I am very much in favor of redshirting, but not at Notre Dame. But there's no doubt about it. It puts us at a huge disadvantage."

"They're so big they have to grease them up to get them in the stadium"
I could feel the lisp in your reply!

Pitch Perfect 👍

Top Bottom