Noreen and Brust and other notes

big day today over at transitions, try to remember my voice mail of all the schools that we're there, Texas, Cal, USC, Oklahoma, Providence, Washington St, Marquette, Indiana(crean as mentioned above), Texas A&M. Northwestern was supposed to be there but coach was stuck in Europe due to volcano.

Noreen will take an official visit to Marquette this weekend.

If MN is serious about Noreen, they have alot of ground to make up as there are some bitter feelings from the lack or attention given before his BC commitment.

Most of those coaches are going to either Chaska or Waconia tonight.

Wow!!! It's amazing what happens when a "4 star" player goes back on the market this late in the recruiting season. Someone needs to fill me in here, because I never thought Noreen was all that good. I only saw him play twice, and he was under-whelming (to say the least).

Not finding where the pio press reporter thinks he's going to NW. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Wow, I've never seen him play and I know the reports of him on here aren't great, but for a while I've feared that he's going to be the next Ryan Wittman. This report is making me even more worried.

big day today over at transitions, try to remember my voice mail of all the schools that we're there, Texas, Cal, USC, Oklahoma, Providence, Washington St, Marquette, Indiana(crean as mentioned above), Texas A&M. Northwestern was supposed to be there but coach was stuck in Europe due to volcano.

Noreen will take an official visit to Marquette this weekend.

If MN is serious about Noreen, they have alot of ground to make up as there are some bitter feelings from the lack or attention given before his BC commitment.

Most of those coaches are going to either Chaska or Waconia tonight.

From all accounts, Noreen was supposed to be a great student. I am not sure how or why he ended up at Transitions, but he is supposedly a great student so I could see NW's interest.

As a Gopher fan, I really wasn't impressed. That crew of coaches knows a ton more about me about basketball, so I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed the kid. I just don't think he'll succeed.

The MN rube in me wants us to sign him.

I don't know, I guess I don't know what he adds that Oto won't.

From all accounts, Noreen was supposed to be a great student. I am not sure how or why he ended up at Transitions, but he is supposedly a great student so I could see NW's interest.

As a Gopher fan, I really wasn't impressed. That crew of coaches knows a ton more about me about basketball, so I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed the kid. I just don't think he'll succeed.

The MN rube in me wants us to sign him.

I don't know, I guess I don't know what he adds that Oto won't.

not to be a dick, but how hard is it to be a great student at Minnesota transitions?

The Youtube stuff for Noreen is not super-impressive, but I'm guessing he's got to have some skills.

I agree with Bob_loblaw that his and Oto's games might be too similar....

There is something about a Minnesotan playing at MN, though.

The Youtube stuff for Noreen is not super-impressive, but I'm guessing he's got to have some skills.

I agree with Bob_loblaw that his and Oto's games might be too similar....

There is something about a Minnesotan playing at MN, though.

Noreen is not a shooter. Oto is (apparently).

The guy got a perfect 36 on the ACT. He's legit in the classroom.

Has this been verified? I don't have reason to doubt him other than the fact that this is very rare. Less than one tenth of one percent score a perfect 36.

http://www.act.org/news/aapfacts.html

Go ahead and jump all over me for asking this question, but I think it is fair since it is a rather rare phenomenon and I would have thought it would have been trumpeted about more.

Has this been verified? I don't have reason to doubt him other than the fact that this is very rare. Less than one tenth of one percent score a perfect 36.

http://www.act.org/news/aapfacts.html

Go ahead and jump all over me for asking this question, but I think it is fair since it is a rather rare phenomenon and I would have thought it would have been trumpeted about more.

This was reported in the paper a while back too so theres a good chance its true. Lets not forget that he was committed to BC which isnt exactly a scrub school.

Kevin Noreen wasn't even the most impressive player on his high school basketball team, granted they only lost to Hopkins by 3 but Hopkins biggest starter is 6' 6". Noreen is very OVERRATED

Kevin Noreen wasn't even the most impressive player on his high school basketball team, granted they only lost to Hopkins by 3 but Hopkins biggest starter is 6' 6". Noreen is very OVERRATED

Takes a lot of guts to create a new account to rip an exceptional high school student that college coaches from all over are rushing to get a look at.

Funny

This was reported in the paper a while back too so theres a good chance its true. Lets not forget that he was committed to BC which isnt exactly a scrub school.

No offense, but I spit my pop across the room when I read your email. "This was reported in the paper......so theres a good chance its true". With all the garbage that's been reported about the Gophers, Tubby and players - I don't believe anything in the paper anymore.

Maybe Nolen wouldn't be welcome back.

Admittedly I am probably saltier than most, but I don't think I would want him back.

The man commited to playing basketball in exchange for a free education. If you can't be eligible to play basketball, should you still be getting a free education? I am in the camp that says NO. That is just me though.

Settle down. I bet you're a really fun person.

I believe they only lost to MINNETONKA by 3 points, Minnetonka lost to Hopkins by 35.

Noreen is not a shooter. Oto is (apparently).

Yeah, i'll give you that, but where would you see Noreen fitting in in the Big 10. I think at best he would be a cross between a 3/4.

I guess my point is that they are the exact same size, will probably play a similar position in college, and at best they are both skilled taller (lean guys). I think Oto is probably a better shooter (but I don't know, haven't Noreen shoot a ton) and I think that is why Tubby seemed to prefer him to Noreen. They are similar but Oto is probably a better shooter.

From what Tubby told Noreen the other day, he will become the #1 priority once Cory decides so it looks like MN is very serious. Noreen is a 4.0 student and had a realy high test score, i know the Northwestern coach who has been recruiting him and he said kevin will have no problem getting into any school in the country, they want him bad. He also is a much better shooter than people are giving him credit for, but I think the biggest difference between him and Oto is Kevin is much more comfortable playing in the paint, the big knock on him is athleticism.

So apparently Noreen is smart, so then why did he he go to a MN transitions?

From what Tubby told Noreen the other day, he will become the #1 priority once Cory decides so it looks like MN is very serious.

Thats huge, leads me to believe that if Cory doesn't sign or he does and Cobbs bolts, Noreen is our guy.

From what Tubby told Noreen the other day, he will become the #1 priority once Cory decides so it looks like MN is very serious. Noreen is a 4.0 student and had a realy high test score, i know the Northwestern coach who has been recruiting him and he said kevin will have no problem getting into any school in the country, they want him bad. He also is a much better shooter than people are giving him credit for, but I think the biggest difference between him and Oto is Kevin is much more comfortable playing in the paint, the big knock on him is athleticism.

Are they planning on redshirting anyone? I would love for us to sign Noreen but at this point with Ralph/Colt/Iverson/Walker/Eliason/Mbakwe it seems like we have plenty of post players. Not to mention another bigger guy in Oto. I guess I'd rather take him than a crappy JUCO guard, though.

The end of the recruiting season has been almost as crazy as the Royce White portion of the season.

Top Bottom