Nolen's appeal denied

anonymous

Reaction score
NCAA says no to Al. He won't be back until next season.

Al

I sure hope he corrects the problems, plays next fall, and graduates.

Here's a link to whoever asked for it above:
http://www.bigtennetwork.com/sports/mbasketball/story.asp?list_id=22&story_id=3383420

University of Minnesota athletics officials were informed by the NCAA late Tuesday that junior point guard Al Nolen's appeal to the Division I Progress Toward Degree Waiver Committee has been denied.

As a result, Nolen is ineligible to compete for the Gophers or travel with the team for the balance of the 2009-10 season. He is permitted to practice with the team and take part in other team activities.

Head coach Tubby Smith, who is on the road recruiting this week, was not available for comment. Smith's next media availability is on Friday, February 5, prior to the Gophers' game at Penn State on Saturday, February 6.

Facts34...When someone makes a statement like "anonymous" did... do not ever, and I mean EVER make an OP without substantiation. That is all I asked for. So why don't you lighten up, little one?

Nolan will never return.

Dr Don --take your trolling to another website. Why don't you get back to the S&T blog where you belong.

Doc

Facts34...When someone makes a statement like "anonymous" did... do not ever, and I mean EVER make an OP without substantiation. That is all I asked for. So why don't you lighten up, little one?

The good Doctor is correct.

Links should always be provided. Blogging 101 !

:)

Dr. Don,

I didn't have a link. Just a text from someone in the know.

I don't post garbage. I don't post "Idiot Wind." And I knew it would be linkable shortly.

201 is absolutely correct on supporting OP's to get a scoop. Say it? Prove it. Period.

p.s. Now the indubidubly scrupulous M2S calls me a troll? Yah, right.

go back the the Star tribune...what was your blog name there again?
Dr Don wears a dress?

Pretty bitchy response there. Wouldn't it make sense to...
1) just ask where he found that out
2) check logical places like Myron's twitter, espn, or bigtennetwork (they all confirm it)
3) wait until someone does post the link before you snap on someone who is just passing on info. I don't think someone would just make up that news and it's not like the timing was suspicious.

I guess I can probably expect to be bitched out by you now since you've been so cranky on here lately.
Please give us your link to prove your OP, otherwise it is more Idiot Wind.

I love how we can get off topic so easily. I just assume everyone is in a bad mood from the constant stream of bad news in the last week...

anon

Dr. Don,

I didn't have a link. Just a text from someone in the know.

I don't post garbage. I don't post "Idiot Wind." And I knew it would be linkable shortly.

I often immediately ask for a link but as you are NOT on my "Garbage-List" I took your post as valid. That someone else asked for a link is fair and to be expected.

As for "Idiot Wind", I love it and will happily post a link to it.

Dylan ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDaX4r--kI

201. Thank you for reminding the board of whom I failed to credit "Idiot Wind" this time. The man, Bob Dylan, could teach some smart upstarts a lesson or two, right?

ug269

Pretty bitchy response there. Wouldn't it make sense to...
1) just ask where he found that out Yes, not unreasonable.
2) check logical places like Myron's twitter, espn, or bigtennetwork (they all confirm it) I do not think readers should have to search out source links for unsourced pronouncements. I knew anon as a trusted source, IMHO, so I followed your option #3
3) wait until someone does post the link before you snap on someone who is just passing on info. Again reasonable but not in tune with some of my favorite posters "charms". I don't think someone would just make up that news and it's not like the timing was suspicious. In the days of millions of spare sockpuppets and trolls from who knows where, you just can not assume every pronouncement is related to the real world.

I guess I can probably expect to be bitched out by you now since you've been so cranky on here lately.

I am on a middle ground here as I like both posters involved in this minor skirmish.

See MHO above.

he has a full ride scholarship...still failed all his classes...he blew it...devoe will continue to improve...and if Cory comes here Nolan may as well transfer.

well I don't know about all his classes but obviously he isn't making the cut.

""still failed all his classes..."" akoch...prove it. You make such a statement, prove it.

he has a full ride scholarship...still failed all his classes...he blew it...devoe will continue to improve...and if Cory comes here Nolan may as well transfer.

Doubt that Nolen "failed all his classes" and he certainly has the entire semester and summer to get back on track. It's clear that no other current Gopher has the skill set that Nolen brings to the court, so I hope he doesn't transfer because the Gophers need him.

It's in Tubby's best interest to fix the kinks in that academic support team or we might see more Gophers in the same position next year. Not to mention potential recruits/parents who expect the coach to keep on top of these things.

As for the Joseph brothers, I wouldn't count on Cory coming here and who is to say that Devoe might not be the one to transfer? Makes more sense for a sophomore to do so, gaining both a red-shirt year with two more eligible years at a different institution (maybe one of those that his brother attends?).

It's rare that a top recruit with other options jumps into a fire-storm of contraversy. None of the Gophers seem to be having much fun lately... not a attractive recruiting tool IMO.

Hey college is tough....I am currently going through it...but come on Full Ride Scholarship athlete...best defender on the team...one of it's leaders...not even meeting up to the required GPA to remain on the B ball team...come on AL...he's probably a great kid...but come on son.

""akoch6767
Member Join Date: Jan 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey college is tough....I am currently going through it... ""

Must not be too tough if you have time to come here and bull$hit!

I just do my homework on time...Nolan should have tried that...plus we all obviously have time to be on here...most of you must have it tough in the workforce after such a hard day to come on here and B.S as well...not trying to sound smart...just stating the obvious.

Top Bottom