Nolen out for "a couple of weeks"

Wouldn't Chip be expected to pick up a lot of these minutes? (Sounds like most of the board figures Maverick will get most of the PG minutes.)

I'm was not afraid of the Gophers schedule up until Big Ten season, but this injury and Rodney's injury come at a terrible time with a mediocre Virginia team coming to town. Good thing this game is a home game, I guess! Should make the rest of the preseason a bit more dicey, as well. Al was playing veryy well to begin the season.

Also - I'm guessing Devoe won't start, but Tubby will give him a lot of minutes, with Al out, especially if it's a close game or we're behind. Tubby doesn't seem to want to do nearly as much screwing around this year like he's done in OOC games in the past three years. Tubby seems hungry this year.

Yeah, I apologize. I just get so frustrated with the Gophers and how something always goes wrong to stop us realizing our potential. Never going to give up on the team...just worried. I mean, if I put my positive hat on, this is probably going to help us in the future because it'll force our young guys to get some seasoning. I'll be interested to see how our offense/defense looks without Al. Go Gophers

I don't think it will really affect Chip's minutes since he won't be seeing any time at pg. However, if Devoe were coming back with Nolen still playing, that would limit Chip's minutes since Devoe would take up time at sg. Chip's pt will increase with Rodney's absence though.

Wouldn't Chip be expected to pick up a lot of these minutes? (Sounds like most of the board figures Maverick will get most of the PG minutes.)

Terrible news for Nolen but this might also be an opportunity for Bryant Allen to see some minutes.

Anyone know if he is injured or something? He did not play in the football game against Iowa yesterday.

I know Martin Zeno had stress fracture problems with his feet while at Texas Tech. He was fitted with a special shoe and did not miss any games. Don't know if Al has the same stress problems.

Top Bottom