Nolen out for "a couple of weeks"

This isn't good at all! Hopefully Al stays off it and is back in a couple weeks.

This isn't good at all! Hopefully Al stays off it and is back in a couple weeks.

No not good. According to Tubby's quote it's his feet not just a foot. "Al Nolen has some problems with his feet right now, I'm not sure exactly what it is... it's not really a stress fracture...." Maybe he meant just a foot. Didn't the floor of the arena get changed out last year? Hoff, Rodney, Al, all having ankle or foot problems. Probably no connection to the floor. (I really don't recall any problems last year)

In an interview during half time of the ftball game, Tubby said Al had beginning of a stress fracture(s) and so needs to get off his feet and will be out a few weeks - maybe more.
Sounds like Devoe will be back if he has taken care of business.
Also said he knows that Mo Walker will be able to carry the team with his 3 point shooting!
Got a few good laughs from Mona on that.

Hope Nolen hets healthy for the B10 season. Gophs really need him.

this is good actaully, give devoe 4-5 starting games to gel with the team, then just in time for the b10 season our whole team is back, gelling, and ready to go.

this is good actaully, give devoe 4-5 starting games to gel with the team, then just in time for the b10 season our whole team is back, gelling, and ready to go.

What??? It's GOOD that Al is hurt? You have to be $hitting me.

Well at least these injuries happened during the easiest stretch of the season. It sounds like Rodney will be back relatively soon and Al will hopefully be back before Big Ten play. I'm also excited to see how Maverick will do against Virginia since it looks like he could be playing up to 20 minutes or so.

i mean, would you rather he played injured? give him some time to heal. he gets a rest w/o losing talent at the PG position if devoe plays

Smith said freshman point guard Maverick Ahanmisi and freshman wing Austin Hollins might replace Nolen and Williams in the starting lineup. Joseph will not start Monday, Smith said.

_____

Could start:

Blake
Chip
Hollins
Mbakwe
Ralph

i mean, would you rather he played injured? give him some time to heal. he gets a rest w/o losing talent at the PG position if devoe plays

Pretty sure Doc just wishes he wasn't injured. In no way whatsoever is it good that he's injured. Devoe coming back helps, but they need a little time to sort out the composition of the backcourt. Also, it's not like Al Nolen has no room to maintain/improve.

I hope he is back very soon so Devoe, Blake and Al get to play together prior to the Big Ten season.

I disagree with Maverick and Hollins taking over at PG like coach Smith suggests. Maverick isn't very good, even for a freshman, and Hollins - though much more talented - isn't a PG. Does Tubby just hate Devoe that much that he won't give him the spot when he returns. I think it would benefit the team to have Devoe running the show rather than a pair of unproven freshman.

I disagree with Maverick and Hollins taking over at PG like coach Smith suggests. Maverick isn't very good, even for a freshman, and Hollins - though much more talented - isn't a PG. Does Tubby just hate Devoe that much that he won't give him the spot when he returns. I think it would benefit the team to have Devoe running the show rather than a pair of unproven freshman.

Hollins would replace Williams, not Nolen.

Coach Smith never suggested that Hollins play the point, Mav yes, not Austin. Maybe read it again, he implied Austin would play Rodney's spot. Also maybe Tubby wants a W, but not at all costs.

Devoe screwed up, he has to EARN his playing time back. Coach Smith will not insert Devoe as a starter coming back off suspension, and I agree with Tubby.

Well at least these injuries happened during the easiest stretch of the season. It sounds like Rodney will be back relatively soon and Al will hopefully be back before Big Ten play. I'm also excited to see how Maverick will do against Virginia since it looks like he could be playing up to 20 minutes or so.

This is the only silver lining..better now than any other time I guess. Hopefully Al comes back when he's 100% and doesn't aggravate it. We really need Al, this is a major blow to the team. Blake can play some point but he really isn't best there. Hopefully Devoe has taken care of Tubby's checklist and he can come fill in at the point in the interim, he excelled their last year at the end of the year. If anything, this should be good experience for Mav, but we will certainly miss Al running the team, not to mention his defense. :(

Al

Al hurt is not good. Maverick playing more then 10 minutes a games is not good. Lets hope Al is back soon and healthy

I'm less concerned with who is starting and more concerned who is playing the big minutes at the end of the game between Mav and Devoe.

Beginning of a stress fracture? Uh oh. I guess it turns out that we're lucky playing Virginia after all.

Wisconsin game is 4 weeks out from today...if he can make it back on schedule, that would probably be his first game back...

Terrible news for Nolen but this might also be an opportunity for Bryant Allen to see some minutes.

Should have known better than to get excited about this team

Should have known better than to get excited about this team
You're right. Better stop following the team and leave your seat at Williams for someone else that WILL be excited.

The success of this team does not hinge on one player. I'm sick of the negative attitude of so many fairweather MN fans...

It's OK, I understood the sarcasm/humor in your post even if others didn't.

mattw1067... That is the problem with trying to use sarcasm/humor here. Everyone is too uptight. I read, laugh, have fun here, in fact...I have not laughed so hard at some of the posters here since my Mother got her tit caught in the wringer of the old time washing machine in 1957. My Dad slapped me.

Top Bottom