Nolan

I didn't say he's only thrown one wild lob pass... I asked how many times he's thrown lobs from over half like you claimed is a tendency of his. If throwing wild lob passes is such a problem for him, why did he have less than a turnover a game last year? And it's not like those were typically turnovers from lob passes.

I'm sorry I don't take the time to note blakes errors! I do recall a lot of horrible lob passes from blake. but I don't remember the time it happened, the team it happened against, or who he tossed it to!

why don't we talk about all the assists nolen loses when he attacks the rim and dishes to sampson and stonehands iverson. both blake and al have their flaws, but I think they are good for each other and individually they both aren't very good! al can't finish or shoot-blake can't get to the rim or dribble...all I hope for is team success! go to espn.com and try to find stats to prove me wrong-some of you guys are just ass bags!

I'm sorry I don't take the time to note blakes errors! I do recall a lot of horrible lob passes from blake. but I don't remember the time it happened, the team it happened against, or who he tossed it to!

why don't we talk about all the assists nolen loses when he attacks the rim and dishes to sampson and stonehands iverson. both blake and al have their flaws, but I think they are good for each other and individually they both aren't very good! al can't finish or shoot-blake can't get to the rim or dribble...all I hope for is team success! go to espn.com and try to find stats to prove me wrong-some of you guys are just ass bags!

Here are some stats for Blake:

2009-10:
1st in minutes played
7th in TOs
2:1 Assist:TO

I'm assuming that during that 35 min/game, he was forced to dribble a little bit. Is it the strongest part of his game? Hardly. But I give him credit for knowing that and using his strengths.

and those stats are blake's typical average? get real! when hoff isn't making 3's, what does he do? he is slow, defense is soft, and he can't dribble at all!

when blake scores double figures w/o the 3, I might reconsider some of my thoughts!

Hoff's game is the 3 pointer and when he's on he's one of the best in the country. Not sure what your points have been beyond an obvious anti-Hoff vibe. His value to this team with the bigs we have is to stretch the defense. I don't want him putting it on the floor any more than I want Nolen shooting 3's.

There all are valuable and have their roles.

I believe his name is spelled Nolan...:p

Ahh another discussion of the Hoff. He's pretty good for the team despite his lack of athleticism, but he definitely should not be running the point over Nolen or DJ. He was running the point because Ahanmisi is worse at point than Hoff right now. He may not turn over the ball a lot (1:1 ratio), but he can't seem to put up points or boards. He definitely needs some time to figure out how to run a point in CBB as opposed to HS ball.

As far as Hoff running the point went, it looked to me just like Hoff as a shooting guard with a little more focus on dishing the ball. To be honest, I thought some of the passes he made were excellent and one botched lob pass shouldn't detract from the overall good play Hoff showed in the second half (I thought he got off to a bit of a rough start in the Siena game). Some of his shots looked unnecessarily forced at times, but the stats don't lie: he had a good game.

The point is that you blow the mistakes that Hoffarber makes out of proportion. Hoffarber makes the fewest bad passes of anyone on the team (and the league for that matter), yet somehow you seem to think that his lob passes are actually an issue.

What the hell is your point? You can find flaws in everyone's game. Nolen had one of the best assist to turnover ratio of anyone in the league last year. And as you (accidentally) pointed out, a lot of Nolen's assists aren't even his fault. How many times have we seen Nolen dish the ball perfectly to a big and they can't catch the ball? I assume you blame those on Nolen as well. He's also have more assists if we had more quality shooters.

Go to ESPN to find stats to prove you wrong? My original point was that you made it seem like Hoffarber has a trend of throwing wild lobs from beyond half. That's completely false. I don't think I'll find a stat for that one though... We're ass bags for defending the players on the team that we all root for? THat makes sense...

Top Bottom