No More Black Uniforms (or Charcoal)

Damn. I thought the title of this thread was an official AD pronouncement, not a gopherholer’s plea. Count me as a geezer who prefers the school colors.
When I first heard we were going to wear black jerseys, I thought we should go with gold pants…then we could have just used Iowa’s uniforms.
If we’re going to go beyond our school colors, then I want beige. Helmets, jerseys and pants. Full Blah.

Minority view - I always liked the old "metallic gold" style of uniforms. I would like to see those for a throwback sometime - maybe for Homecoming.

In my opinion - for what that's worth - what they call "gold" today is actually a shade of yellow.

If you're going to be Maroon and Gold, then be Maroon and Gold - not Maroon and some kind of Yellow.
Sometimes we're not even Maroon and Gold, but rather burgundy and mustard.

Somebody just needs to carry over the annual uniform colors posts. Hot take-some fans like them and some do not. As stated earlier these options are created for the players.

Enough already, disco. It’s many of us geezers who have been supporting the football program for 50+ years and helping fund the players’ scholarships and pay for the Athlete’s Village. So disagree with us if you must, but don’t denigrate us like we are some head-in-the-sand know-nothings. Respect our opinions and quit with the snarky comments.
You know what I care about? Winning games. That's really all that matters.

Top Bottom