No. 1 recruit AJ Dybantsa is expected to land an NIL package north of $3M and could get as high as $4M. BYU prepared to pay “4 to $4.5M"

I mean every school is different obviously, but what is too much? If we payed a guy 4.5 million, what would that get us? Maybe making the Ncaa and winning a game! Now maybe if you get guy like that talent will follow, but what is too much? Right now Is the $20 million paying off for Ohio State on the football field? Too early to tell, but is all that money worth it? Maybe Ohio State wins it all and it is worth it, but they would probably be in same spot right now without spending $20 million in NIL. Getting out of vontrol. I would hate to be a coach these days!

I mean every school is different obviously, but what is too much? If we payed a guy 4.5 million, what would that get us? Maybe making the Ncaa and winning a game! Now maybe if you get guy like that talent will follow, but what is too much? Right now Is the $20 million paying off for Ohio State on the football field? Too early to tell, but is all that money worth it? Maybe Ohio State wins it all and it is worth it, but they would probably be in same spot right now without spending $20 million in NIL. Getting out of vontrol. I would hate to be a coach these days!
For me, there are a lot of risks in paying one guy $3 or $4 or $5 million dollars.
Basketball is a team game. Pretty hard to be a band of brothers when one guy makes
so much more than all the other guys. How do you discipline this guy? What if he's just uninterested in anything but getting paid...unwilling to listen or buy in?
What if he gets hurt?
Of course, it could work, too. They could win.
Going to take the right coach to harmonize the team. And if it doesn't work...they probably fire the coach :)
Then there is the pressure on an 18 year old to perform at $4,000,000 levels.

How do we know he is not the least paid guy in the league? Took advantage of these guys for years ever since TV started shipping in money, now the bill has come due.

Top Bottom